FREE articles, coupons and special deals straight to your inbox:
10 Snowflake Embellishments
Well, we've gotten to the point of winter where we're just ready for it be over already! But, let's face it, depending on where you live, there's still quite a bit of it left to go. So why don't we try and gain some inspiration from it instead? There are limitless ways that we can incorporate snowflakes onto our pages, either making them the focal point of the page or a detail. Here are ten ways-I'm sure you could come up with many more!
- Patterned Paper - From a snowflake-patterned paper, cut out just the snowflakes. Use them in a cluster as the focal point of your page, or gather them around photos like photo corners.
- Punches - Snowflake punches are a great way to add snowflakes to your page. Vary the colors and textures of the papers you punch to add your own individual touch.
- Buttons - Find snowflake-shaped buttons at your scrapbook store or the fabric shop. Try hand-sewing them directly to your page for a unique look.
- Stickers - Your local scrapbooking store probably also has a selection of snowflake stickers in different shapes and sizes. Try adding a few to your page.
- Sequins - Sequins come in lots of shapes, including snowflakes. Use them as a border for your page, or around a photo.
- Drawing - Even if you're not a great artist, snowflakes are fun and easy to draw. Try it-you'll create an embellishment that nobody else will have!
- Stamps - Snowflake stamps are plentiful and easy to find. They come in all kinds of styles, so pick one that reflects your own personal taste.
- Clipart - Clipart is easy to find on the Internet, and is often free. Try searching for snowflake clipart.
- Fonts - Try using snowflake-themed fonts or dingbats for your page's title. You can also find these on the Internet.
- Cutting - Finally, see if you remember how to cut snowflakes out of a square of paper the way you did in elementary school. If you don't, you can find instructions for doing so online. Just like real snowflakes, each one is unique!
For more great inspiration on Winter Scrapbooking visit the Winter Gallery at Scrapjazz!