FREE articles, coupons and special deals straight to your inbox:
Step-by-Step: So Tweet
Sometimes you have to be patient for the perfect papers to come along for that special photo you've been saving. This photo of my daughter resided in a frame on an end table of my living room until Imaginisce's new lines, Twitterpated and Cool Summer, hit the stores.
- The first thing I did was grab the double-sided Strawberry Sorbet paper and flipped it over to the yellow side.
- I adhered a rectangle of straw mat to the upper right-hand corner to mimic the straw hat in the photo.
- Then I cut a "wave" from the Blue Raspberry Ripple paper.
- I rubbed a 12" row of flowers over the top.
- I positioned this wave in the upper third of the paper over the straw mat.
- I printed a few journaling statistics on a blank journaling die cut and adhered it to the bottom lower right of the yellow background paper.
- The photo was then mounted on and centered over the straw mat and the "wave."
- I used a mixture of flowers collected on the bottom left of the photo to balance out a larger flower adhered to the upper right corner of the photo and enhanced with a chipboard oval disc proclaiming the photo "So tweet!"
- I used brads to connect the flowers to the page and used an epoxy flower brad to secure the focal point.
- A chipboard word, "blossom," was nestled among the flowers for a secondary title to my page.
- The final accents were the sweetest rub-ons from the Little Critter Twitterpated collection. I adhered them just over the top left edge of the photo and the center top of the journaling diecut.
I'm so glad I waited for just the right papers and accents to give this adored photo a special home.
Find the right papers for your project at the Scrapjazz.com Theme Store.