FREE articles, coupons and special deals straight to your inbox:
Masculine Birthday Decorations
I don't know about the men in your life, but the men in mine are not the kind to don party hats and duck under elaborate streamer canopies on their birthdays. Simple, private, meaningful birthdays are what my men look forward to each year - and in their honor I'd like to share some simple, classy, and meaningful birthday party decorations you can create for the men in your life using your photos and scrapbooking supplies.
Any venue can become a festive party spot with a few decorations. Consider decorating your party in these ways:
Hang a decorated string of personalized party lights.
- strings of decorative lights (Christmas tree lights, either indoor or outdoor are great for this project)
- 8 ½" x 11" vellum sheets, one sheet per two lights (vellum is often sold in value packs at craft stores)
- clear, double-sided tape
- craft wire
- pliers/wire cutters
- hole punch
- decorative punches and scissors
Instructions for making a mini-lampshade:
- Cut each vellum sheet in half, lengthwise, giving you two sheets each 4 ¼" x 11".
- Roll each vellum piece so that the two short ends touch. Adhere with double-sided tape.
- Place roll on its end, so you have a cylinder. Using the hole punch, punch two holes on opposite sides of the roll, about ¼" from the edge.
- Using your craft wire and pliers, thread the wire through one hole and tie so it is holding the shade.
- Leaving 1-2 inches for the shade to hang, wrap the wire around the base of the light.
- Leaving another 1-2 inches for hanging, thread the wire through the shade's other hole and tie.
- Use your decorative punches and scissors to decorate the shade, allowing the light to filter through. Hang.
Create a temporary wall photo gallery with CD jewel case frames:
- CD jewel cases
- patterned papers
- foam-core board (available at a craft or hobby store)
- Create mini-layouts to feature in the cases - each 5 3/8" x 4 5/8". (Mine is a digital layout I printed to size.)
- Open jewel cases and remove fliers and plastic insert for holding CD
- Place mini-layout face-down on the back inside of case.
- Cut foam-core board to 5" x 4" inches and place it on top of layout.
- Close case, turn over, and hang with removable wall adhesive. (Always check that wall paint won't come off when adhesive is removed.)
Make the cake a memorable decoration.
Did you know you can take a photo or layout to your local bakery and they will place a copy on a cake?It's even edible! Talk about making the guest the star of the party!
There are all sorts of other ways that you can decorate for a more masculine birthday celebration:
- Wrap presents in personalized wrapping paper. Simply take photos, layouts, or other images to your local copy shop and ask them to arrange the photos and color copy them on a large-format copier. For smaller gifts, you could do the same on your home computer. Stack presents down the center of a buffet table, or pile them high on a gift table.
- Color-copy layouts of your man and laminate for quick, personalized placemats.
- Take a 12" x 12" sheet of light-colored cardstock and cut a hole in the middle to hold a photo of your man. Adhere photo to back of cardstock. Place this in a prominent place on the table (away from food and drinks) and ask each party guest to write a personal message on the photo mat! Frame this as a one-of-a-kind gift after the party.
- Create a "Happy Birthday" wall hanging from die-cut letters, ribbon and clothespins.
Next time you're at a loss for adult male party decorations, just check your scrapbooking room! Find all of your Masculine Birthday scrapbook supplies at Scrapjazz.com!