FREE articles, coupons and special deals straight to your inbox:
Step-by-Step: Sending Your Love
Since I've gotten married, I've come to realize the importance of telling my husband daily how much I love him and how important he is to me. Sometimes we'll leave little Post-it notes in unsuspected places for each other, such as the bathroom mirror or the car, and those are really special. There's something about receiving a written note from your loved one to carry with you throughout the day, to encourage and uplift your spirits.
I made these mailboxes and journal jar for some friends of mine to help keep the romance going, for Valentine's Day and every day of the year. The journal jar has prompts such as "what I love about you," "what I'll always remember" and "favorite moments" to help get those romantic thoughts flowing. You and your loved one can "mail" notes to each other. Raise the flag when you do so, so you both know you have an encouraging note coming.
To Create the Mailboxes:
- Cut the patterned paper into two 4" x 8.5" sheets (dimensions for Target mailbox).
- Wrap the paper around the mailbox, and press against the area where the flag turns to make an indentation. Use a half inch circle punch to punch out the part where the paper would need to go around the flag. Make a small slit so the paper can slide over the arm of the flag.
- Use Mod Podge to attach the patterned paper to the mailbox. Cut two 1" x 4" pieces of paper from the patterned paper and glue it to the bottom of both sides of the mailbox so the reverse side is showing. Cut two 4" lengths of ribbon and adhere with Mod Podge to the mailbox.
- Trace the front of the mailbox onto the patterned paper and cut out. Attach the domed shape to the front of the mailbox using Mod Podge.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the second mailbox.
- Use the Chatterbox letter stickers to spell out the names of the people using the mailboxes.
To Create the Journal Jar:
- Peel off stickers from Chatterbox Love Tiles and place on Bazzill cardstock.
- Cut around stickers leaving an edge.
- Fold in half and place in a jar.