Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Username Post: Wednesday        (Topic#331722)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

08-27-14 01:53 AM - Post#4120022    

I have church work in the morning starting in an hour, then hopefully, as I've done all the running round for the last few weeks, my partner will do it today. His health is not good, so I'll see how he's feeling first. If he's happy to do it, I'll be free for the rest of the day. So:
- laundry (the first load is in)
- candle-making
- finish a LO

You?

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

08-27-14 05:16 AM - Post#4120024    
    In response to RedSquirrel

I think I'm going to the gym this morning. Then back home for Lucy's nap. After school, homework and dinner. Low activity day LOL I do have lots of laundry to fold and put away.

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam
Reg: 01-15-06

08-27-14 06:05 AM - Post#4120028    
    In response to carpe scrapum

The day didn't go as planned. I came home from work and DH said let's go out for lunch. Had a lovely meal and enjoyed the drive to the coast, came home and went back to work. Then to footy training, froze, home cooked dinner and now updating the team stats from the weekend (I was slack earlier in the week and didn't do them).

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

08-27-14 06:06 AM - Post#4120030    
    In response to carpe scrapum

Gym
cleaning
laundry
organizing/purging

Lice treatments when the girls get home from school. Oh joy! I noticed Abby had bites on her neck this morning while I was doing her hair. I guess I should start searching for live bugs EVERY day after school to avoid the treatments. It's so aggravating that the school doesn't do head checks anymore 'invasion of privacy.' When I was in school they did head checks AND sent the kids home until they were treated. Sad I have to remind Abby every morning not to get to close to anyone and to not put her head near or on anything someone else's head would have touched (cushions, floor, fabric chairs, hats.) She shouldn't have to wear her hair pulled back every day either, but she has been.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

08-27-14 06:18 AM - Post#4120032    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

What day is it today? oh yes Wednesday. I think today will be the hottest day it has been for the last 3 weeks at least.

The plan and hope is to do laundry, tidy up, make blueberry pies (yes I know it's going to be hot today). I wanted to go pick more blueberries but doubt we will get there. My steeped tea parcel is due to arrive today and I like to be home for that.

DS has his last ball game tonight.
now to figure out supper....hmmmm

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

08-27-14 06:24 AM - Post#4120036    
    In response to hockeymom24

Not sure.
I do need to get my stamps cut into sets and print off the labels for them and label. Start getting the orders organized so I can send out invoices.

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam
Reg: 01-15-06

08-27-14 06:51 AM - Post#4120040    

Lice treatments when the girls get home from school. Oh joy! I noticed Abby had bites on her neck this morning while I was doing her hair. I guess I should start searching for live bugs EVERY day after school to avoid the treatments. It's so aggravating that the school doesn't do head checks anymore 'invasion of privacy.' When I was in school they did head checks AND sent the kids home until they were treated. Sad I have to remind Abby every morning not to get to close to anyone and to not put her head near or on anything someone else's head would have touched (cushions, floor, fabric chairs, hats.) She shouldn't have to wear her hair pulled back every day either, but she has been.

So sorry you are going through this never ending cycle at present. Schools should have the right to inform you and send students home if lice is detected. This baloney about invasion of privacy and the student may feel picked on is just wrong. The schools in my state have brought this policy in also. It is frustrating to a lot of parents.

Have you tried spraying diluted tea tree oil on her hair in the mornings and combing it through. It puts a coating on the hair that the lice doesn't like.

I hope you get on top of this cycle. to you and Abby.

scrappinmamma 
SJ Eloquent One
scrappinmamma
Reg: 01-07-07

08-27-14 07:16 AM - Post#4120044    
    In response to Kazzam

Jen - here in CA, they still do head checks if a parent calls the school to tell them that their child has them. They also send home a notice telling you that someone has been infected.

Today my plans are:

Get the boys to school
Hair appt
Fold laundry
Wash more laundry
Start dinner
Pick up child 2
Do homework
Dinner
Dishes
Back to school for child 2
Bed

Edited by scrappinmamma on 08-27-14 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

08-27-14 07:48 AM - Post#4120048    
    In response to scrappinmamma

Kaz, I've been putting tea tree oil in their shampoo. I also diluted white vinegar and sprayed their hair with it. That's our 'treatment.' I rub tea tree oil in their hair, spray it with the vinegar/water solution, and then put a cap on their head for 30 minutes. Then they wash their hair with tea tree oil in their shampoo. Then I comb through their hair with a nit brush. It works, but I think that Abby is getting exposed daily at school. That's why I'm so aggravated! I just don't see why parents don't treat their kids? The kids have to be miserable with the itching and bites.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

08-27-14 08:58 AM - Post#4120056    

Well, got up at my usual 6:30, fixed J1 a lunch and took him to work though he wasn't feeling well.... Continued westward to pick up a girlfriend whom I'd promised a ride home, but Jeremiah text'd "come get me I'm sick". So I turn around, go back and get him, then backtrack half an hour to pick gf up. Take her all the way home (past our town in the other direction) now finally home getting a bite to eat.

Noon tattoo appointment. No evening plans.

DeblynA 
SJ Eloquent One
DeblynA
Reg: 08-18-02

08-27-14 09:50 AM - Post#4120066    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Didn't sleep well last night. Up at 6:30, so I started the laundry, got the ironing done, taking a little break now, then I'll clean the kitchen, vacuum, and mop floors.

Run into town to get my hair cut, stop at Costco to pick up a few things, Kohl's for two more picture frames, and Michael's for more adhesive.

This afternoon will be Gramma time with Rory.:)

Need to pack some stuff for tomorrow's road trip. Rory & I are going to visit a friend of mine in Salinas for the the day.

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

08-27-14 10:17 AM - Post#4120070    
    In response to DeblynA

Jen, so Abby has lice? I didn't know that lice leave bite marks! The invasion of privacy, what a crock. Jeez, everything has to be pc now. Guess you just sue the family if you get lice from them now-a-days.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

08-27-14 10:48 AM - Post#4120074    
    In response to rottiefan

Yep Abby has lice. Normally when she does Camy gets it too. I haven't seen any in Camy's hair, but they will both get treatments tonight.

I don't agree with the new policy either. To me, because of the bites, it should be considered a health issue. Not treated like an invasion of privacy. If left untreated the bites can get infected from the scratching. I just can't believe parents would let it go, but search for photos on line. Pretty nasty when not treated.

I'm going to treat it until Abby is clear for 14 days. If she gets them again after that I'm going to talk to her teacher. If her hands are tied I'll go above her.

We went through this twice last school year, so I'm really frustrated. Lilly is 15yo and last school year was the first time we've ever had lice in our home. The same year they stopped doing head checks.

DeblynA 
SJ Eloquent One
DeblynA

08-27-14 11:35 AM - Post#4120076    

Jen, yuck to the head lice. I went through this a few times with my kids too. We would get notices from the school alerting us to the problem, all kids would be sent home with the notice to be checked & treated.

Does Abby's teacher have floor cushions, bean bag chairs, or even a sofa for the kids to sit on in a reading nook in the classroom? If so, the teacher needs to treat those items or remove them from her classroom. This had to be done in my son's classroom when myself & other parents complained that our kids kept coming home with those bugs. Bean bag chairs removed from classroom. Problem solved.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

08-27-14 11:56 AM - Post#4120078    
    In response to DeblynA

Maybe I'll have lunch with Abby this week and check out her room. I warned her about pillows, cushions, fabric chairs, laying on the floor, and getting close enough to touch heads with a classmate. She knows not to share combs, brushes, barrettes, bows, hats, ect. Something I just thought of though are headphones for the computer. GRRR! This is why they should check them and send them home to be treated. Otherwise the room will always be infested.

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

08-27-14 12:55 PM - Post#4120080    

Gross, gross, gross!!! That is our lice policy too and I think that is totally wrong. I don't give a crap about feelings of kids who have it!!! If you don't treat it, it keeps going round and round and round. Who brushes their 15 year old's head on a regular basis at home to check for it? I have always schooled Char about it since she was little-don't sit on bean bags in public places, don't sit on cloth chairs, no sharing of brushes, bows etc.. or comb hair in public (when I see kids combing their hair in the classroom, I tell them to go to the bathroom. It is gross!!! ) she always put her hat/coat in her back pack away from everyones when she had to hang it in the closet.

I feel for you. Best of luck getting rid of it!!

DeblynA 
SJ Eloquent One
DeblynA

08-27-14 01:37 PM - Post#4120090    
    In response to Nora

I would never have thought about headphones, makes since though.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

08-27-14 01:50 PM - Post#4120096    
    In response to DeblynA

no laundry done but blueberry pie and butterscotch pies are done.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

08-27-14 02:04 PM - Post#4120098    
    In response to hockeymom24

Lice, yuck.

Hope J1 feels better soon Stephanie.

I achieved everything I set out to do: laundry, changed the bed (I still have to remake it), 19 tea-lights made plus one scented gift candle, and I finished my LO. I'll post it tomorrow.

DH is off until next Thursday now. We're just relaxing with wine, chocolate and some good TV, to get him wound down so he enjoys his break.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

08-27-14 02:35 PM - Post#4120100    
    In response to RedSquirrel

I'm sorry Jen!!!! Lice scares me back lots of people don't treat it properly and end up passing it around and around. My school checks the kids. We have very conservative nurses.

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
October 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.297 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 11:07 PM