Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: ETSY!        (Topic#331146)
jennyculver1 
SJ Aficionada
jennyculver1
Reg: 03-18-13

06-15-14 10:31 PM - Post#4113156    

So, now that I put my notice in at the Inn and my last day will be July 1st. I am searching for another serving job. But in the mean time I will be putting in hours at Afton.

So, I was thinking while I am in the search for a new job that I would actually get my Etsy shop up and going. Cause then, I will have some kind of other money coming in. I have a few layouts that are up and ready to be posted on there. I just need to figure out my pricing. So, I am hoping this week I can figure out what things cost me and my time to do a page.

I was thinking, I would make a "demo layout" and sell them by order. And just make them as they are ordered. So, then I can sell the page more then once I see people do that on there and figured that is a good way to go.

I wouldn't start up my shop fully until after Ben and I get back from out vacation over the fourth of July. (just hope my sister is doing better).

jeter2girl21 
SJ Diva
jeter2girl21
Reg: 07-10-03

06-16-14 02:58 AM - Post#4113166    
    In response to jennyculver1

I like the idea of the demo pages... It would simplify & speed up the creating process for you as well to already know what you're going to do.

I think I've finally narrowed the price down to $10 per page, that could still change... I'm the most indecisive person ever. I'm setting up to have individual premade blank pages to sell, and then having a custom package option with a set # of pages at a set price (say $175 for 20 custom pages) & have examples as the pictures for the listing. I'm getting closer to being ready, but things have been crazy around here and I can't find the time to get it off the ground

I'm also looking into the local art fair for when I have a surplus of items that haven't sold on etsy (I crochet blankets too)... My area has them every weekend from like April-October with cheap entry fee ($10-$12). I'd like to at least try it once, see how it goes. I have a friend that wants to split it, which makes it even cheaper. That could be something to check out if you have something like that nearby.

Edited by jeter2girl21 on 06-16-14 02:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jennyculver1 
SJ Aficionada
jennyculver1
Reg: 03-18-13

06-16-14 04:35 PM - Post#4113178    
    In response to jeter2girl21

Summers are always crazy! LOL So I know where you are coming from with being busy.

I hear you about the speeding up and knowing what I will want. And then I can keep adding more pages as well. And then when I no longer have items for a page, I would sell the demo (possibly not sure on that quit yet lol).

I still am unsure about pricing. Each page will vary on what is all on it and detail. And how long I have taken to do the page.

I don't know about craft fairs. I would have to look into it.

My girlfriend has a friend that sells items she finds for really cheap and sells them at a higher profit and wants me to make stuff for here...scrapbook pages and baby blankets and other misc items. Cause I as well crochet as well. So, come winter time I will make tons of stuff for her to sell and sell stuff that way.

jeter2girl21 
SJ Diva
jeter2girl21
Reg: 07-10-03

06-16-14 07:24 PM - Post#4113190    
    In response to jennyculver1

I'd keep the demo & stick my own pictures on it... then you're getting some personal scrapping done too... win-win

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
November 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.258 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 07:48 AM