Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Username Post: It's Friday!        (Topic#330792)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

05-09-14 01:36 AM - Post#4108850    

Whatcha doing today?

I'm having my hair cut this morning, doing some grocery shopping and then DH is working late so I might get some scrapping in. I've said that all week and haven't yet, so we'll see. My cold is progressing as expected. I still feel OK in myself, just uncomfortable. I hope it doesn't get worse.

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

05-09-14 03:10 AM - Post#4108854    
    In response to RedSquirrel

How was your haircut? Pictures? Hope your cold is getting better soon.

I have been at the doctor again to get some medicine for Siegy, went grocery shopping and started cooking lunch. When Siegy is home and I have the car I need to go grocery shopping for the weekend. And get some flowers for MIL and bake her a cake.

Beside that just the same old boring cleaning and laundry

Edited by qaustriangirl on 05-09-14 03:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-09-14 03:56 AM - Post#4108860    
    In response to qaustriangirl

No pics Susi, it's just a cut not a re-style. Same ole, same ole - messy curls. It's done, I've got the groceries, put everything away and I'm just sitting down for a cuppa before I get in the shower and wash away all those horrid tickling cut hairs.

Is Siegy OK?

I made candles yesterday instead of scrapping. I have 7 to finish today. Then scrapping!

motherto3girls 
SJ Divalicious
motherto3girls
Reg: 02-26-09

05-09-14 04:32 AM - Post#4108862    

I need to pay bills and then go to the store for major groceries. It seems like were out of everything. I also need to pick up Mother's Day Gifts for the ladies in my church, I found an idea to buy candles and then add a tag to them. The tag I made says "I hope you have a SCENTsational Mother's Day" I wanted a scripture to go with it but could not find something I liked because we use KJV. I am not sure what else I will do today, I cleaned the house yesterday, but didn't mop so maybe I will do that.

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl

05-09-14 05:18 AM - Post#4108864    

• RedSquirrel Said:
No pics Susi, it's just a cut not a re-style. Same ole, same ole - messy curls. It's done, I've got the groceries, put everything away and I'm just sitting down for a cuppa before I get in the shower and wash away all those horrid tickling cut hairs.

Is Siegy OK?

I made candles yesterday instead of scrapping. I have 7 to finish today. Then scrapping!

Siegy is okay! he just needs medicine for his sciatic pain syndrome, which comes back from time to time. That's something I can get for him, because the doctor knows already that he needs it.

And I liked your messy curles! Are they natural? I wish sometimes my hair would be more curly.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-09-14 05:59 AM - Post#4108870    

Thank you! Yes, natural at the back, slightly helped at the front because my hair is mad and doesn't grow the same all over.

I'm glad Siegy is all right - give him a hug from me?

That sounds like a lovely gift Sabrina.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

05-09-14 06:06 AM - Post#4108876    

Feel better Rosey!!

I'm just hoping to be more productive today then I was yesterday. I've been having an emotional week. Not motivated at all.

I have the usual Friday cleaning and laundry. I also need to make myself go through the garage sale stuff. The neighborhood garage sale is a week from today.

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl

05-09-14 06:08 AM - Post#4108878    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Sure Rosey, I will give him a hug from you! He likes to look at comments I get or emails and whenever he sees one from you, he asks: Is this my Rosey?! Isn't he cute! Looks like he really liked you a lot!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-09-14 06:16 AM - Post#4108880    

Really? That's so sweet! I liked him too - and you! It was a privilege to be able to meet up. Aren't we lucky?

Oh Jen. It will get easier, honest. You're getting better at it all the time.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

05-09-14 06:38 AM - Post#4108884    

Drop son off today. He was done yesterday but going to have lunch on campus and then go support his classmates that will be presenting their capstone projects. Won't know for another week if he did well enough to graduate the program.
Maybe work on cleaning up my scrap area.

I should probably go and replant some seeds - not sure they are going to sprout, they haven't come up yet. It's hard to keep the soil moist. Gardening sucks. It's so frustrating.

I should go out and rake again where more leaves have blown against the retaining wall. Give the dirt a scrape and fling the wildflower seeds along there.

Um... so we'll just see what actually happens.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

05-09-14 07:12 AM - Post#4108900    
    In response to kaleidoscope

I am so tired today. Had physio last night and do I ever hurt today and I was some sore last night. I have a huge knot in my lower back, which of course connects to the hip, etc, etc.. and ya let's just say my jaw hurt so bad from clenching it last night while at physio.

Anyways, today is a busy day. Cleaning, lunches made, clothes picked up, hockey tournament, and doctor appointment. Should be a fun day. oh and it's sunny today, going to be a gorgeous day. I am going to try to push the pain aside and enjoy it!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-09-14 07:16 AM - Post#4108902    
    In response to hockeymom24

Sarah, tell your physio about your jaw. Seriously. The jaw and the hip are connected.

Good luck to your DS, Tam.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

05-09-14 07:23 AM - Post#4108914    

Oh I was clenching in pain, it feels fine right now. I don't go back for physio for another 3 plus weeks...

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-09-14 07:26 AM - Post#4108916    
    In response to hockeymom24

Still, mention TMJ to your physio. Clenching your jaw can undo all the good work that they're doing to your hip. Trust me!

Will someone crow-bar me off this sofa and into my craft corner? Please?

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

05-09-14 10:28 AM - Post#4108962    

Britt has two daycare kids today, so I am helping with that. Feeding & changing, lifting, etc. while she rests & ices her back.... It's a bit better, but she needs to be careful with it.

I've emptied the dishwasher, reloaded it & hand washed what needed to be. I've got a load of laundry in both the washer & dryer; almost time to fix lunch as well. I'm making a ravioli bake & broccoli salad for dinner, then packing up to head home in the morning.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

05-09-14 12:35 PM - Post#4108976    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Finally started cleaning! I cleaned my bedroom and bathroom. I just need to sweep my floors and change my sheets.

I noticed Camille's desk was dusty as I was walking by with my duster, so went ahead and dusted it off. Only to find that she spilled lotion on her desk and didn't clean it up. It was a little dried out, and when I wiped it off the stain went with it. Grrr, that child! She is hard on stuff. Poor Camille, Abby and Lilly were going through Abby's closet and Lilly said, "you can tell which clothes Camy didn't wear because they still look nice. No stains or holes."

I guess we're going over to my inlaws for dinner. We're awaiting news from my sil about her custody hearing. Her monster ex is filing for full custody of my 13yo niece. I just don't see how he could win. My niece said that if she has to go with her dad she will run away or commit suicide. Sad situation. My sil had no idea where she was for over a year because he basically kidnapped her. He wouldn't let her talk to my niece either. She finally caught up to him in Hawaii. He went from Georgia, to Oregon, to Hawaii. She flew out right away and brought my niece home with the help of the Hawaii police. So, now they are battling in court. Since she's been with my sil her grades are improving, she's back on her ADHD med's, and she's in counseling (which she needs .) A lot of horrible things happened to her while in Hawaii. Pray for good news!!

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

05-09-14 01:34 PM - Post#4108980    

Oh, Jen! I hope it all works out. How could he get away with that?
And don't they take into account what she wants at her age? Does she have a guardian ad litem?

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

05-09-14 01:50 PM - Post#4108984    
    In response to kaleidoscope

Honestly, I think it's one of those situations where I don't really have all of the facts. I just hear one side, because I don't understand either.

Here's what I know. My sil agree to allow my niece to stay with her grandmother (ex's mom) in Oregon for the summer. She was finishing her nursing degree and figured my niece would enjoy being 'home' in Oregon. They lived in Georgia because sil's ex was in the military at the time. At this time sil had no idea ex was wanting to separate. It was his plan to take my niece once he got home. He never planned on going back to Georgia with my sil.

Then she got word from him toward the end of the summer that he wanted a divorce, and she would never see my niece again. My sil went to Oregon, but could not get the police to help her. They said it was a civil matter that would have to be dealt with in court. She went back to Georgia and got a lawyer.

By the time they got some legal paperwork in place he wasn't in Oregon anymore. She had no idea where he took my niece. When she figured out he was in Hawaii (his mom owns property there), she worked with her lawyer and Hawaii police. She took my niece out of school, got on the plane, and went back to Oregon.

It's a mess. According to my sil they will take into consideration what my nieces wishes are. Since both she and her ex are trying to prove each other unfit makes it the judges ultimate decision. My sil did hire my niece her own lawyer, so they are both represented separately.

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT
Reg: 06-06-06

05-09-14 02:13 PM - Post#4108988    

Wow. Sad situation. I hope it works out for your niece....

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

05-09-14 02:41 PM - Post#4108994    
    In response to Megan - FT

Me too. No word yet.

I heard back about my survivor benefit paperwork. Instantaneous bad mood. I feel like they are drawing it on purpose at this point. They didn't realize minors were involved. Why didn't they ask? I don't know what they need. Young man, wouldn't that have crossed their minds to ask? Now they need copies of their birth certificates and for me to fill out information regarding them. Also, some of my tax information is confusing to them. I won't be able to call them back until Monday, of course, because they called at the end of their work day. Nice.

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
July 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.276 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 03:55 PM