Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: House news        (Topic#330552)
Drama Mamas Mama 
SJ Divalicious
Drama Mamas Mama
Reg: 02-21-08

04-09-14 09:05 AM - Post#4106052    

We have a verbal agreement from both the sellers banks, but nothing in writing yet. Just talked to the realtor, and they have said we'll have it in writing today. Projected close date is May 31st....

That week will be exciting and exhausting...closing, starting to move, wedding, kids leaving to their dads for 5 weeks...

I'm tired just thinking about it.

My landlord has been pushing me for a move out date. I've told him I don't have one; as soon as I do, he'll be the first to know...I even quit answering the phone when he calls! He even had the nerve to ask me to show the house for him to prospective renters, ummmm, NO. I am not letting people I don't know into the house where my kids and everything I own is kept. Since when is it the tennants responsibility to get a new renter lined up?

As soon as I have a secure closing date, I am going to send a registered letter giving my date and having the last months rent deducted from the security deposit, which was 1.5 times the monthly rent.

Can't wait to have our first pool party!!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

04-09-14 12:39 PM - Post#4106066    
    In response to Drama Mamas Mama

That's great news!

When we were in Singapore we were asked to agree to allow the agent to show prospective renters around the apartment during the final month of our tenancy. Both apartments. We didn't have to do that in Australia from what I remember. I didn't mind. But then I wasn't working, I was present throughout and I was supervising everything they did and everywhere they went. It was all done at my convenience.

Actually I have a funny story about that. We have a kitchen rubbish bin with a sensor on it, for touch-free opening and closing. There was this one Indian lady who was short with a big bust and belly, and her sari just hung straight down from the "shelf" - she couldn't have seen her feet. She was quite bossy, talked to me as if I were the maid, asking very personal questions like whether we had children and why not and how much rent we paid (none of your d@amn business, lady). I just kept smiling and saying I didn't know. In the kitchen her flowing clothes kept opening the bin, which then closed itself automatically after 10 seconds. She could hear the noise, but couldn't place where it was coming from so she was staring around at the ceiling and the cupboards in complete confusion. I would have reassured anybody else and told them what it was, but I'm afraid I let her suffer!

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom
Reg: 09-28-05

04-09-14 12:52 PM - Post#4106068    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Funny story Rosey.

Beth - I think landlords are allowed to show an apartment while you are still in it, once you have given notice. You should check your lease to see if there is anything about it, like whether you get a certain advance notice or whether you can request to be home or anything like that. It's pretty standard, that way the landlord won't have the place empty for a month, remember it is their livelihood. At least that was how it was when I lived in Boston.

Good luck with your closing!

Drama Mamas Mama 
SJ Divalicious
Drama Mamas Mama
Reg: 02-21-08

04-09-14 01:05 PM - Post#4106070    
    In response to boysmom

Nothing in the lease, I already checked before I answered him. It's a house I rent from an individual.

If he had pushed it, I had my response all ready to go...

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

04-09-14 06:13 PM - Post#4106096    
    In response to Drama Mamas Mama

That's great news!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
September 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.119 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 10:56 PM