Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Username Post: Wednesday        (Topic#330546)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

04-09-14 02:58 AM - Post#4106016    

I really do believe that the fitter is finally coming to fit our work tops today!
DH and I spent nearly 2 hours late last night transferring the contents of the kitchen into the dining room and the study. Then we had an argument because we both had another listen to the latest, very confusing voicemail message from the regional manager, and he interpreted it differently from how I did, and thought she meant she was cancelling the fitter because I hadn't called her back.

But I texted him this morning and he replied, so I'm just waiting now. Hopefully I can get some card-making done in between making them cups of tea.

I had a lovely day with BFF yesterday; shopping, crafting, eating sushi. So nice.

What's on your list today?

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

04-09-14 03:22 AM - Post#4106020    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Waiting for Siegy to come home in a few minutes. Then we will go to my old hometown to make the graves of my parents and aunt beautiful again. Planting new flowers, clean everything and so on. It always makes me sad to do this, because that's the only reason to visit my hometown now that nobody else is alive. But when it is done I feel happy, because my mom would be happy too!

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT
Reg: 06-06-06

04-09-14 06:19 AM - Post#4106022    
    In response to qaustriangirl

Boys.

This is my last full day in the office til Monday, so don't break anything big. I'll be popping in and out, but took the next 2 days off for last minute wedding prep.

hockeymom24 
SJ Diva
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

04-09-14 06:28 AM - Post#4106024    
    In response to Megan - FT

Babysitting today.
I didn't sleep much last night, not sure what is up but my sinuses are giving me awful pains in the night from all the drainage. It's annoying because then I am not sleeping. So tired but need to get through today.

I need to plan supper. I am making chocolate beet muffins, I might make another kind and put them in the freezer. I also want to make some cookies. This weekend is go go go and I want some quick snacks to grab so we don't end up spending money on extra junk.

I only got 1 bathroom cleaned yesterday so I want to clean up the second one. After the kids leave I need to vacuum and do hockey homework with the kid.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

04-09-14 07:58 AM - Post#4106032    
    In response to hockeymom24

Good luck today Rosey! Have fun this weekend Lisa! Susie, I'm glad you get to go pretty up their graves. We used to do that when I lived in Argentina and I miss going to the cemetery there? Sarah, I hope you feel better soon!

It's a gorgeous day here in the sixties. Mia asked me to grill and I think I will happily comply. Lucy and I have dance this morning and Bianca and Mia are coming home at noon so we have a day of outdoors playing planned. I can't wait! I have laundry started and need to straighten up before I leave. If I get a chance I want to stop at the store since I didn't yesterday.

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

04-09-14 08:01 AM - Post#4106034    
    In response to hockeymom24

Trying to get back to normal; the endoscopy went well - they took some samples, etc... Now I have to fight insurance to get my new prescription, ugh.

Today I need to get some groceries, clean, finish K's dress (4 layers done, 3 to go) and tons of other stuff. I am soooo far behind!!!

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

04-09-14 08:04 AM - Post#4106038    
    In response to scaredycat

Are you feeling good after the endoscopy or do you have side effects the day after? Glad everything went well!

motherto3girls 
SJ Divalicious
motherto3girls
Reg: 02-26-09

04-09-14 08:09 AM - Post#4106042    

I have 2 kids today, I have already ran the sweeper. I need to make bbq sauce for the pork sandwiches were having for dinner. I can usually make a batch of sauce and it makes enough for about 5 meals. It freezes well.

I have church this evening.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-09-14 08:17 AM - Post#4106046    
    In response to motherto3girls

Marta - ouch that sounds sore. Did you get the results or do you have to wait?

Sounds delightful Vivi!

Well the guys men are making a delightful mess in my kitchen. I'm trying not to hover! One is a heavy smoker and even though he's only smoking outside, and all the internal doors are closed, the house still stinks. Cigarette smoke gets into everything doesn't it? It's stuck inside my nose I think. Nasty and sneezy.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

04-09-14 08:30 AM - Post#4106048    

He'd be gone in the blink of an eye! Workers are not allowed to smoke in or outside work sites here in Illinois. Those who do risk the rath of the home owner and their boses. One guy got fired on the spot for smoking outside my house.

Drama Mamas Mama 
SJ Divalicious
Drama Mamas Mama
Reg: 02-21-08

04-09-14 09:18 AM - Post#4106056    
    In response to carpe scrapum

Work, then dinner with Chris' youngest son and his girlfriend tonight.

I'm really missing the kids...only 4 days till they are home.

DeblynA 
SJ Eloquent One
DeblynA
Reg: 08-18-02

04-09-14 09:29 AM - Post#4106060    

Will be running errands this morning, grocery store, Michael's, Home Depot. Dentist appoint. at 11:30 to replace a crown and redo a couple of old fillings. Will see how I feel afterwards if I do anything else the rest of the day. If I feel okay then I will finish planting the side yard flower garden & plant the tomato and pepper plants I bought.

Need to check with DH to plan our next date. We are going to the Charles M. Schultz Museum, also known as the Charlie Brown & Snoopy museum. I always recommend it as a place to visit to the hotel guests, but I have never been to the museum. I have been to Snoopy's ice rink & the gift shop which are very cool.

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

04-09-14 09:35 AM - Post#4106062    

• carpe scrapum Said:
Are you feeling good after the endoscopy or do you have side effects the day after? Glad everything went well!

Yesterday I slept the day away - literally!! Today, I just have that residual "I had heartburn" pain - nothing too bad. I can resume normal activities

Rosey - Initial results were normal, just a bit of inflammation. The biopsy results will be back in a week. The office just called and all is well for me to pick up my presciption

And now K has informed me that her prom group has officially decided to get ready at our house. I love that they will be here, such beautiful, sweet girls! But my house is in shambles because as usual when momma is sick nobody lifts a finger to keep things clean! Sooo, now I need to deep clean and get some yummy little treats for the girls to snack on while they get ready. Did I mention that P has group pictures across town and David has a track meet in the middle of all this! I need 3 of me

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

04-09-14 11:29 AM - Post#4106064    

Jeremiah and I returned the Uhaul truck this morning, then I ran in to Meijer for a few things. Home now, but headed to my caterer girlfriends to pick up lunch for me / dinner for Mark. Might scrap a bit this afternoon & bowling tonight.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

04-09-14 02:56 PM - Post#4106084    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Rosey - it gets into their clothes and hair so they bring it in with them. Ick.

I didn't really do anything today. Then I went out for a drive - felt the need to get out. And picked up a book that it turns out I already have. The store is 45 minutes away and you only get 7 days to exchange - towards a purchase the same day. No credit.
So I may just go back tomorrow so the other book I was looking at might still be there.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-09-14 03:45 PM - Post#4106088    
    In response to kaleidoscope

Oh don't I know it Tam. DH could smell it when he got home too, and the guys had long left, I had aired the house and DH's sense of smell isn't that great. It was THAT bad.

But do you know what he did next? Lit an incense cone... Now we have a really really smoky house, but at least it's nice smelling smoke.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

04-09-14 06:11 PM - Post#4106094    

I hope everything goes smoothly with the wedding Lisa. Have fun! Try not to stress.

Marta that sounds like a lot for one person. Have your daughter help you clean the house.

The family went to the movies and out for dinner today. After dinner I got some groceries. Lilly, her boyfriend, my sil, and I went to see Divergent. It was good, but of course the book was better. Camy and her grandpa saw Captain America. Abby and her grandma saw the Muppets.

I didn't realize I would be paying for Lilly's boyfriend today (movie and dinner). I knew I would be tomorrow (for dinner.) He's going with us out for a day of shopping. I don't have a job!

Abby's staying the night with my inlaws again. Camy is texting her friends with my phone. Lilly and her boyfriend are watching TV.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-10-14 02:07 AM - Post#4106100    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Good luck with the wedding Lisa! Come back and show us photos afterwards? Pretty please?

Jen, maybe you need a little talk with L's b/f's parents about paying his way? You can't be expected to pay for him as well, or not without having arranged it. Not cool.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

04-10-14 05:41 PM - Post#4106128    

His dinner tonight ended up being free. We went to Red Robin and I had a free burger on my rewards card. It's definitely not going to be a regular thing. It can't be. I wish I could, but I can't. I think a lot of people think I have a large sum of money (life insurance) that I'm living off of, but I don't. I could probably stay in our house a little over a year without working, but our savings would be depleted. That's why I'm only staying home for the summer. That way our savings will be a cushion when I do start working because there's no way I will make as much as Phil was. The savings will help make up the difference.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

04-10-14 05:52 PM - Post#4106136    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

He shouldn't assume that someone will pay for him all the time. Although I guess it's hard if he's being invited, kwim? Would be nice though if he had the sense to offer to pay for himself.
Just tell Lilly that if she wants him to come places with you guys, he's welcome but has to provide for himself.

Even if you did have a bunch to live off of, the point would be so your family could live off it. Not everyone else, too!

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
December 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.304 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 12:05 AM