Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Saturday        (Topic#330026)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

02-15-14 04:31 AM - Post#4099260    

And it's still blowin' a 'ooligan here. Kept me awake half the night worrying about all the bangs and howls and splatters.

I've got to tidy the house a little and find my purple massage towels. I have a friend coming over this afternoon for me to see if I can help his bad neck and shoulders. I've asked his wife to come too. It was funny - he asked me weeks ago what I thought might be the problem and I told him I could help. On Thursday at choir practice he came up to me and said "my wife says I should take you up on your offer" Men!

What's on your list for today?

motherto3girls 
SJ Divalicious
motherto3girls
Reg: 02-26-09

02-15-14 07:21 AM - Post#4099268    
    In response to RedSquirrel

I really want to spend the day scrapping.

We have a birthday party to attend but it snowed something awful and I really don't want to go because we have to go up this really steep hill to get there. Hoping my SIL re-schedules it for another day.

hockeymom24 
SJ Diva
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

02-15-14 08:16 AM - Post#4099280    
    In response to motherto3girls

It was some windy in the night, I was afraid I'd have to get up and shovel so I set my alarm early but the wind blew it all out of the driveway and then dh either got a drive or walked to the rink... *men*
DS slept in a bit so we lazed around, I washed a handful of dishes from supper and made a double batch of brownies.
I need to make some icing and thinking of maybe making banana bread and some cookies. We will see how far I get, my right leg and knee is really bothering me today.
DS has a hockey game this afternoon then hopefully home for the evening to chill.

Another snowstorm is supposed to be starting at some point today. So I imagine shovelling will be on my agenda as well.

Mon 
SJ Divalicious
Mon
Reg: 05-19-06

02-15-14 08:45 AM - Post#4099286    
    In response to hockeymom24

I'm heading to work in a bit to do a few haircuts. Then gotta come home and pack up. Hubby and I are heading to Lake Tahoe for a couple days. Gonna enjoy the beauty and put a few dollars in a slot machine.

Edited by Mon on 02-15-14 08:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

02-15-14 08:56 AM - Post#4099288    
    In response to Mon

I stayed up until 2 a.m. visiting with Britt and the baby J

They've already headed over to my dads for breakfast & then will switch towns & go see Britt's dad.

Mark is organizing at the auction house, prepping for next weeks auction. So I guess I shall scrap!

There is another graduation party for Jeremiah and his friend Trenton tonight. The band doesn't start until 9.... guess it'll be another late one!

Pass me the coffee & 5/hour energy drink! LOL

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

02-15-14 10:01 AM - Post#4099294    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Fun weekend Steph!

Rosey that's too funny! Greg will not let anyone massage him other than me. I hate doing it! I told him so many times to go get a massage for his aching legs but he refuses something crazy LOL

I started my day by sending out birthday invites for both Bianca and Mia's birthday parties. I really wanted to get those out so I'm happy. I also got my embossing on. I tried it for the first time this morning and I'm hooked! I can safely say that part of my day will be scrapping and playing with my new embossing stuff.

I'm sure laundry will be done and house straightened. I also need to run by the store for a few things.

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3
Reg: 06-15-10

02-15-14 11:55 AM - Post#4099314    
    In response to carpe scrapum

Sitting here waiting for the kids to come by -- we get to keep DGS for the night while they go out and celebrate Valentines Day a day later. Good planning on their part, crowds in restaurants will be less.

I've already dusted the house, run the sweeper, swept the kitchen floor, cleaned off the counters and cleaned both bathrooms. Have the last of the laundry in the washer -- just waiting for the dryer to finish with the previous loads.

It's because of this, I really hate weekends...working out of town each day makes keeping up with the house a weekend deal. Calgon?? Where are you??

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

02-15-14 12:52 PM - Post#4099322    
    In response to Grandma to 3

Quiet day around here. I will go for a run and DH is taking me out to dinner.

My poor little Maryann. On Wednesday she hurt her neck while putting on her backpack of all things. I took her into the dr yesterday because she was starting to look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. She has torticollis and will need physical therapy. My poor girlie is in so much pain

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

02-15-14 12:58 PM - Post#4099324    
    In response to scaredycat

Ugh poor thing! Did they give her any muscle relaxants? That ought to be fun, not...

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

02-15-14 01:49 PM - Post#4099326    

A friend of ours is making each of the girls a t-shirt quilt, so I started going through Phil's clothes a bit. It's hard, but I'm smiling at the things he 'kept for later' and things I forgot he had. I can definitely tell which shirts were his favorites.

I also found a huge bag full of photos on his shelf under some clothes. We must have put them up there when we first moved in. Some were young photos of my grandparents and our parents that I forgot I had. I also found Lillianne's birth certificate in the bag. I obviously organized my side of the closet more often then he did. lol

I'm having one of those days where I can't stop thinking 'what if' and 'could I have done something differently?' I just can't shake it today.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

02-15-14 02:08 PM - Post#4099328    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

You made him a happy man for longer than many marriages, Jen. You got him to the Dr as soon as he admitted to you that anything was wrong. You fed him good food, kept the house quiet while he worked night shift, helped to raise the girls to adore their father, and you were with him to the end. Nobody else could have done that the way you did, and he loved and appreciated that more than he could ever say. Remember that.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

02-15-14 02:10 PM - Post#4099330    

Oh Jen, you will probably have many of those days but you have to remember that you always do and did what you think is best at the time. We tend to overthink our past actions, regardless of the situation, but I think we do our best with the information we have at any particular moment. This applies to love, health, money, anything in life I think.

I think the quilts are really going to be a wonderful memory for the girls. I actually am thinking about saving Greg's t shirts for that very purpose after hearing about yours. We always make fun of him because he has so many t shirts that he loves and won't get rid of that closing his t shirt drawer is the dreaded task everyone in the house runs away from.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

02-15-14 03:10 PM - Post#4099332    

His last 24 hours just keep going through my mind. Not to mention him saying over and over for the last few weeks that he had a burning feeling in his stomach. Makes me sick.

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

02-15-14 03:18 PM - Post#4099334    

to you Jen! You have done great in everything you did and you still do. Sometimes things happen although we did our best.
The doctors did not find out that something went wrong, so why should you have the chance to see it? You have been with him all the time and you have been there whenever he needed you. That's the best someone can do! So don't be too hard to yourself.

Oscar T. Grouch 
SJ Queen of the Crop
Oscar T. Grouch
Reg: 02-16-05

02-15-14 04:00 PM - Post#4099340    
    In response to qaustriangirl

Jen those days will be here.

Myles and I wondered for so long (still do somedays) if we should have seen what was going on. But if doctors miss it, we certainly were not trained to see it.

Hugs

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

02-15-14 04:01 PM - Post#4099342    
    In response to qaustriangirl

You said you talked with his oncologist. Do you think they should have done something differently? Sometimes things that go seriously wrong are hard to detect if the person has a high tolerance for pain. Did Phil discuss the burning with his doctor before at all? I know it's hard but you have to know you did everything you could. Like Rosey best expressed it, nobody would have done it the way you did for him. What happened to Phil is just unfair.

I know with my FIL we had many many what ifs. His pain was so hard to gauge because he wasn't verbal sometimes and would just get mad instead of showing pain. They always assumed that whatever ailed him was on a brain level since he kept stroking but his organs were actually bleeding.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

02-15-14 04:57 PM - Post#4099344    

He mentioned his stomach every morning during rounds and they just assumed it was the side effects of his cancer and chemo.

All we know right now is that he had an infection in his bowels and his stomach lining was inflamed. They knew this after his CT scan.

When I spoke to the oncologist yesterday he said they were still waiting for some results from the autopsy to determine the cause of death. He mentioned the possibility of a bowel obstruction, blocked artery in the bowel, and septic shock. All related to cancer and treatment.

In the ICU they said his ph levels were really low, his blood was acidic. Acidic blood is normal for cancer patients, but his was even more so. When I asked the oncologist why they didn't notice his ph levels decreasing he said that's not something they test routinely.

My in-laws are a little suspicious of malpractice since it's taking so long to finalize their autopsy findings and the death certificate. I don't know. We knew that infection was a risk, but even the oncologist said a person Phil's age should have been able to fight through it.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

02-15-14 05:43 PM - Post#4099346    

Are you requesting all his records? I would immediately. Whether or not malpractice comes into play, it's always safe to get them before there is any time to fiddle with them. They can always send you the autopsy results later. It sounds like more than a few oversights. Chances are that there is a long "in the event of..." policy that describes the myriad of things that can go wrong with treatment that would cover their butts, but it's smart to get acquainted with it. Doctors and their lawyers gamble on the publics lack of knowledge and often win...

My question would be, if acidic blood is common among cancer patients, why is not tested routinely? It's almost like not testing a stroke patient's inr levels routinely. Septic shock would make me suspicious too because, again, if infection is common than it should be monitored closely. All of this is the difference between living through treatment or succumbing to it!

Either way you have to wait until the final results are in to know for sure what went wrong.

It breaks my heart you have to deals with this on top of everything else. Your strength amazes me Jen, your girls are blessed to have you during this very sad time.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
December 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 10:30 PM