Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: the coming week ~        (Topic#329330)
gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

12-19-13 09:38 AM - Post#4090924    

Six whole days til Christmas... so what does your calendar look like between now and then?

Family coming in?
Traveling somewhere?

We have both Going to my dad & step-moms this Sunday to celebrate.

Mark's moms on Christmas eve evening. Britt, Jav & baby J arrive Christmas afternoon, so we'll have our kids here to celebrate that evening.

Leave for my moms in MS on the 26th.

Probably a couple more quick visits in there (w/Mark's dad & gramma) but those aren't scheduled yet....

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

12-19-13 10:48 AM - Post#4090934    
    In response to gingersfavorite

working today and tomorrow.
Dh and I are off all of next week and most of the week after.
Friday night ds is going to a hockey game with his Grampie (my dad) and having another sleepover. We didn't get to the game wednesday night due to the snowstorm so Grampie had an extra ticket and offered ds. He's excited.

Saturday we have 2 hockey games that we hope to get in that were cancelled from Sundays snowstorm. Another bout of nasty weather moving in on Friday, so hopefully.

Then dh has 4 games that he's reffing/lining that night so it will just be ds and I.
Maybe we'll bake something together.

Sunday we hope to get the Chrismas Cantata in at church, another nasty storm will probably be hitting about that time, so we shall see.
Then after that it's whatever we feel like plus Christmas. I do Christmas Dinner will be at my dad's. So we are looking forward to that. Otherwise we'll see what happens! but looking forward to time off and spending it with family.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

12-19-13 11:42 AM - Post#4090938    
    In response to hockeymom24

Tomorrow, I'll be going to Abby's class party.

Saturday, we'll be grocery shopping and finishing up the Christmas shopping.

Sunday, we'll be going to my bil and sil's for dinner.

Monday, I'll finish up any wrapping I have left to do. Plus cooking, baking, and straightening the house.

Tuesday, we're hosting for my dad, brother, and his family.

Wednesday, it will just be the 5 of us.

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

12-19-13 12:37 PM - Post#4090946    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

No family coming into town. DH has to fly today through the 24th. If the seats hold up, K and P will join DH on Sunday in Hawaii. The rest of us are incredibly jealous.

Tomorrow the kids and I will make pumpkin bread, fudge, and peanut butter blossoms. We will also do their shopping for each other. On Saturday we will make gingerbread houses. Sunday fingers crossed the older kids get on their flight, and then its just me and the younger two - we will find something fun to do. The gang comes back on Tuesday morning so we will let them sleep then make sugar cookies. The evening will be dinner and open a few gifts. Christmas day, we open gifts in the morning and just relax and enjoy the day

WorkingMommy 
SJ Diva
WorkingMommy
Reg: 04-15-07

12-19-13 01:35 PM - Post#4090948    
    In response to scaredycat

Today I took off work to finish cleaning My parents are driving in from the East Coast, they are only about four hours away now They stay until early February this year.

I'm working most of the time except the 25th & 1st. That's by choice; my parents are here to spoil/watch the kids and it's nice and quiet at work so I can hopefully get unburied. I am sure I'll work a few half days and maybe work from home a few days depending on what's going on.

We'll just hang out with my parents and some of our friends over the holidays. Our family is pretty small and I love that we get to be together for the holidays.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

12-19-13 07:07 PM - Post#4090976    
    In response to WorkingMommy

Oh crumbs. Calendars. I haven't made mine for the parents yet.

OK. What am I doing besides making lists and feeling my blood pressure rise at nearly 1am having hardly sat down all day except for meals?

Friday: DH is off now until the New Year. We have to put the Christmas boxes back in the loft, clear out Mum's bedroom and clean the house.

Saturday: brother drops Mum off in the morning and heads off to a soccer match in Wales, to return in the evening. I'm carol singing in the morning.

Sunday: 9:30am service as usual, then the 9 lessons and carols at 6pm, and meeting up with BFF afterwards.

Monday: crash. No, I wish, but probably entertaining the family. Maybe a little last minute grocery shopping.

Tuesday: nothing planned

Wednesday: MIL/FIL coming round in the morning to exchange gifts, then 1pm Christmas dinner out with DH, Mum, brother, MIL/FIL, and their friends and son.

Thursday: Mum and brother leave for home in the morning, SIL/BIL, niece and nephew come round in the afternoon for presents.

Friday: wait. There's life after Boxing Day?

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite

12-19-13 08:06 PM - Post#4090978    
    In response to RedSquirrel

you poor thing

Westerngirl 
SJ Diva
Westerngirl
Reg: 07-06-08

12-19-13 08:57 PM - Post#4090980    

Too much yet to do, MIL & FIL coming tomorrow for the day ( a first in years as they're half wipped us since we no longer go to their church)
Can't say we're thrilled as DH had asked if they could please come after Xmas as he's very busy trying to finish of work commitmentd etc. But no they just do what they want when after not coming for years. Rant over
I was wanting to clean some windows, ice Xmas cake that I cooked, wrap more presents, feel Xmasy, get excited nothing is happing with me, excitment level ..............zero
Can't get it together at all.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite

12-19-13 09:50 PM - Post#4090990    
    In response to Westerngirl

* yeah ok... hold that thought. Weeks ago I asked who's going where when? And since Britt's family want their first Christmas morning w/baby to be at home (of course!) Then they drive 6 hours down here.... we planned on late afternoon / evening with our kids / grandkids here.

Tonight Mark text'd his son (per my request) asking what he'd like to eat that night. He says something like "uhh.... well, Mom says she's doing Christmas at her house on 4 that day"

Really?!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

12-20-13 05:12 AM - Post#4091008    

Oh goodness Stephanie! There's nothing like good communication over the holidays, is there? I'm so sorry. So are you seeing Mark's kids at another time now, or are they coming over after dinner with their mom?

That's what I've been dinning into my Mum and brother. Brother's communication abilities are, well if I say "limited", that just begins to scratch the surface. Mum gets cross and says she won't be the go-between, when I'm only asking her to decide when she and brother are coming and to tell me. She lives in the same house as him. How is that being a go-between?

Families. Pfft. God bless them, one and all.

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

12-20-13 10:20 AM - Post#4091040    

In-laws on Christmas eve and my sister's on Christmas Day. I have wrapping to do!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

12-20-13 02:22 PM - Post#4091070    
    In response to rottiefan

We're getting there. It's 8:20pm and we still have to clean Mum's room, and vacuum it, the lounge, hall and our bedroom. I haven't even started the card, so I'll have to work on that tomorrow. I was planning on getting some ironing done this evening but that's out now too. I'll have to iron as needed.

The conservatory looks amazing now though.

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

12-22-13 08:41 PM - Post#4091206    

Sounds like everyone has been busy as bees! We've been the same here. Dh was out of town most of last week on course. He got home at 530am Thursday morning and worked a full day still. His parents came to stay that evening. Friday after work we did our usual routine of supper and Ben's bedtime routine and then I ran out for groceries after that.

Saturday morning we cleaned the house and friends arrived into town mid afternoon. I did some baking that afternoon too. In the evening they stayed with Ben and dh and I went to his Christmas party for work which was fun. Friends stayed overnight.

Today (Sunday) we did brunch at our house with our friends and they left shortly after. Did some tidying up for the next round of guests and dh went out for some shopping. Dh is off now from work for 2 weeks - lucky duck!

Monday - I work. Dh will take Ben to daycare for a bit so he can get the groceries for Christmas and do the last of the shopping. I am meeting with friends for supper. He has a friend in town too but not sure when he is free to get together so possibly when I get home from supper.

Tuesday - I work the morning and then my mom comes in on the bus at 130 so will pick her up. Having Christmas Eve just dh, Ben, my mom and I here.

Christmas Day - The four of us here again. Will be nice - usually all of us are at dh's parents which is a zoo.

Boxing Day - We will be here still - dh's parents may come in that day - not sure yet.

Either the 27th or 28th we will go to dh's parents farm for the day to visit them and his other relatives out there.

29th my mom goes back home on the bus.

30th back to work for me - dh still off that week.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
April 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.256 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 07:06 AM