Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Username Post: Monday of the last full week before Christmas        (Topic#329264)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

12-16-13 05:42 AM - Post#4090356    

Anybody else having a minor panic? I always get like this when the countdown to Christmas gets into single figures.

So other than running around getting into a state, what are your ideas for the day?

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

12-16-13 06:53 AM - Post#4090366    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Oh I'm already in a state lol I went out yesterday an bought the entire toy store. I need to do so much before Xmas. I'm tired though. I've not slept more than a few hours for over a week and I'm very tired.

I'm going to try and wrap presents today. My list also includes laundry, Zumba, carpool, return of recital costumes, register the girls in yet more dance classes (ugh) and make dinner.

If I still have some time I'll address cards, get presents for teachers ready and plan the food for Xmas eve.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

12-16-13 07:07 AM - Post#4090372    
    In response to carpe scrapum

I'm going to wrap Santa gifts today. All I have left to buy are gift cards and stocking stuffers. I'm waiting on an online order to be shipped. I hope it makes it before Christmas.

I need to pick up some milk chocolate chips for my peanut butter cups too. I'm going to make a few dozen to add to gifts.

I need to make a few Christmas cards to mail with gift cards. I finished addressing my store bought cards yesterday.

Phil has an appointment later this afternoon with the local oncologist. I'll be taking him. This cycle has been really rough. He has some of the same symptoms he had when he was first admitted. (Fatigue, shortness of breath, and the pin point blood spots.) That means his levels are really low. He might need blood or platelets today.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

12-16-13 07:17 AM - Post#4090374    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

I'll be saying a prayer for Phil.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

12-16-13 08:23 AM - Post#4090376    

keeping Phil in my thoughts and prayers.

Today I shovelled out more of the driveway, took it easy, got cleaned up and now I'm heading up to the school to help Ds's class make gingerbread houses (our of graham crackers/wafers). Then I'll rush home so I'm here for the 2 little ones, then go get the rest at the bus a little later.

I need to tidy the kitchen and take it easy.

I'm actually not feeling stressed. We are done except for 3 gift cards which will be done this week. A few groceries are needed which I think we might have to get on saturday due to another storm moving in on Sunday. Looking like 35-45 cm. We got about 25cm if not more yesterday.

Other than that, enjoying or going to try to enjoy the day.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

12-16-13 08:27 AM - Post#4090378    

Hoping all goes well w/Phil at the doc today & his energy restored before Christmas

No panic here Rosey. Not done shopping, still some cards to send out, groceries to buy, prepare for company, pack for our day-after Christmas trip, etc. Could be denial (LOL) but more likely just my laid back personality of "meh, if it doesn't get done, it's not the end of the world" attitude

Today I have routine labs and a bone density test at the cancer clinic in town. Might shop a little after (?) or just come back home & be domestic. Mark is going to shop after work, so dinner may not be an issue tonight - yaay!

motherto3girls 
SJ Divalicious
motherto3girls
Reg: 02-26-09

12-16-13 09:47 AM - Post#4090388    
    In response to gingersfavorite

I have already been out and got my hair did I was trying to figure out about the best way to get cheese for a party, then called my aunt to ask her if we needed slices or cubed. She said slices but no one but me has said they are coming and I am not paying $40 for a cheese tray that might not get eaten, she said not to either so I am just going to buy slices and put it on a nice tray myself.

I have cleaned out the dishwasher, started a load of laundry and scooped the litter box. I need to clean up around the house a bit. It's trash night so it needs gathered. I have a pork roast in the crock pot for BBQ sandwiches. Really need to sweep the floor but not sure it will get done. The bathroom needs cleaned again, I majorly cleaned it last week, but it never lasts and it's like no body but me sees the grossness.

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

12-16-13 09:50 AM - Post#4090392    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Keeping Phil and your family in my thoughts and prayers Jen.

Busy day ahead - I just can't seem to keep on top of things. Mostly cleaning and some shopping.

I'm so mad at myself - I spent HOURS researching scholarships, putting together spreadsheets, and now I am missing deadlines left and right!!!! Ugh.

The only thing I am stressed about are those darn cards. I just can't seem to get motivated to write a little something and address them. Hopefully today

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

12-16-13 10:12 AM - Post#4090394    
    In response to scaredycat

Ack!!!! I have the guy from the internet line coming and I forgot. He's going to be here for two hours! I'm going to die!!!!!! Also, Bianca stayed home sick and now my plans are all out the window. This stinks!

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3
Reg: 06-15-10

12-16-13 10:21 AM - Post#4090400    

Trying to enjoy the last of my days off until after Christmas. Kinda hard to do with my nose a running away...I look like Rudolph today!! Where I came up with a cold since I haven't really left the house since Friday, I have no idea.

Need to finish wrapping gifts -- have DH's left and I'd better get to those before he comes home today. Then I need to make my cookie contribution to the family cookie day on Saturday. The cookies I make are much easier made at home and brought to the event. Too many people wanting to use the ovens for my liking so I bring mine already done. Much easier and less stressful.

Better get busy -- I've become such a slug with this cold.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

12-16-13 10:36 AM - Post#4090404    
    In response to Grandma to 3

Oh poor you Karen. There's too much about at the moment, isn't there?

Sorry Vivi, I hope things calm down and Bianca feels better soon.

With you all the way Marta. It seems I hardly stop, and there are still a million things left to get done. Yesterday.

Right, that's the errands done, the gecko cleaned out (he's sulking now) and the laundry washed. I need to hang it up to dry and fold the dry stuff, iron my top for tonight's concert and get going.

It's a 7pm concert and they want us there at 6 for a rehearsal. Stupid time. When are we supposed to eat? I shall be hungry and cranky.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24

12-16-13 11:15 AM - Post#4090410    
    In response to RedSquirrel

In a way, having mono has shown me that I just can't do everything I want to do. I've been wanting to bake for weeks. I apologized to hubby last night and he was like hey it's ok you haven't had the energy and you don't have to do it all. I was like hey, this is cool.

So if you don't get all the decorations up or all the cooking/baking done then don't fret. That's my advice for the week, enjoy the family time! You never know when it will change. Take time while you have it now.

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper
Reg: 03-15-03

12-16-13 11:41 AM - Post#4090424    
    In response to hockeymom24

I'm already getting behind! Haven't gotten my cards in the mail yet, although they are done and about ready to go!

Got gifts I'm still making! Seems like I just don't get as much accomplished as I would like. And I'm starting to run out of time!

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

12-16-13 01:37 PM - Post#4090434    
    In response to buttonscrapper

Wrapped Santa gifts. Looks like less after they're all wrapped.

Made a few Christmas cards to go along with gift cards.

My fil is taking Phil to his appointment. It sounded like he wanted to go.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

12-16-13 03:31 PM - Post#4090462    

Good luck to Phil.

The gecko is now up and bouncing. He's pushing stuff around in his tank. Aw.

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

12-16-13 03:34 PM - Post#4090464    

I am not stressing but I should be because I do not have everything done!! I am too pooped!! I worked all day, then went to the gym (kicking and screaming in my head, I might add), then went to the grocery store, and then to the hardware store for an ice scraper. We are expecting a storm tomorrow and I broke mine on a huge piece of ice today while thawing out my car. I just took a shower and am going to throw some laundry in. Then I have to make a Christmas card for someone at work. She wants some and I have none made at the moment. (Really didn't make a ton this year) It is for a mutual colleague that has cancer and so I will do this one special order. How can I say no? The poor woman is in isolation for Christmas!!

I haven't wrapped a thing, everyone is NOT bought for, my mantle hasn't been done, not one cookie made and you know what? I DON'T CARE!! What is wrong with me?

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

12-16-13 06:29 PM - Post#4090488    
    In response to Nora

I should have gone with Phil. He never asks questions. I would have had several. He has to go back tomorrow for labs because the cancer center was closing. The doctor was running behind (no surprise there.) I would have pushed to have them done at the hospital instead then.

They said his platelet levels were dangerously low, BUT he wasn't showing the typical signs for really low platelets. It's scary. When he was admitted in the beginning his platelets were under 9,000. The tests today had his level around 3,000. They told us when he was first admitted in October that anything lower then 8,000 you were at risk of internal bleeding and your organs shutting down. I'm hoping something was off with the results. His red blood cell level was good, so no need for blood.

He has an appointment in the morning to have more labs done. Then we'll go from there. He might get platelets tomorrow too depending on his levels. I'm going to worry all night. He's more concerned about going to work. Ugh

My stomach is in knots, but I still have to get Abby to bed and then pick Camy up from her concert.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24

12-16-13 06:56 PM - Post#4090490    

prayers, prayers, prayers

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

12-16-13 07:57 PM - Post#4090504    
    In response to hockeymom24

Ugh Jen, I would be worried too. Can he go to the hospital er and request labs tonight? I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with such low levels. Praying hard honey.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

12-16-13 08:02 PM - Post#4090506    

He's determined to wait until his appointment tomorrow. His shortness of breath is better, but he's still fatigued. It's going to be a long night.

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
October 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.23 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 09:14 AM