Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: What's up for the weekend?        (Topic#328424)
3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

10-05-13 05:00 PM - Post#4081216    

What's everyone up to?

Our JV soccer team took 1st place!!! Lilly was so excited. Great way to end the season. She's glad, but sad that her season is over.

Camy's team won today, Abby's tied. Both have one more game next Saturday and then their season is over.

After soccer we went to the annual Officer's Appreciation Day. It's a lot of fun! To bad my dh couldn't go with us this year. He couldn't get tonight off. They always work at minimum on third shift.

They had more activities this year. Zip lines, helicopter rides, arrow tag, go carts, several bouncy houses, face painting, craft tables, bungee jumping, hayrides, arrow course, kiddy train, gun range, knife throwing, rock climbing, and more.

They always have a Ben's Pretzels booth, which the girls love. To bad they closed early this year. We weren't able to get my dh a pretzel. Abby didn't get one either. They have popcorn, a dessert table, and provide a whole meal (bbq foods.)

Our gift basket was full of ice cream toppings and a gift card to Krogers. Very thoughtful!

We are wore out. We've been on the move for 12 hours. The girls got their showers and are relaxing. They'll probably eat their and watch a movie. No plans for tomorrow.

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3
Reg: 06-15-10

10-05-13 06:27 PM - Post#4081222    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Had a 1-year bday party for the son of my godchild today. Turned out to be a warm day once the rain cleared out.

Tomorrow I have a 'virtual' bridal shower for the fiancé of a nephew. They live in Colorado and are getting married on the beach in GA with only their parents present. Gifts have been shipped to Denver for her to open on Skype so all those present 'here' can watch. Sound like fun?!?

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

10-05-13 06:38 PM - Post#4081228    
    In response to Grandma to 3

chilling
puttering around the house
J spent time with my dad
church
more puttering and who knows what else.

motherto3girls 
SJ Divalicious
motherto3girls
Reg: 02-26-09

10-05-13 07:12 PM - Post#4081230    
    In response to hockeymom24

We decided to go out of town today. Our main goal was to look at prices of laminate flooring for our bedroom. We have oak thru-out the main part of the house and want a cherry color for our bedroom. We found a great deal on it and hopefully will get it soon. We ate at a new restaurant and dh and I went to see the movie "Gravity" The 2 youngest walked around the mall because they didn't want to see it and there were no other movies for them.

Tomorrow is church. It's "Youth Sunday" and the kids run the whole service. It's always a blast and everyone enjoys it. This is the 1st one in 2 years I have not done with them. I decided to let someone else take the time to plan it and work with the kids. It's a load off me that's for sure. Since it's the 1st Sunday the church always goes to the nursing home so the kids are going this time. They will read scripture and sing. The people there always love it.

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

10-05-13 08:19 PM - Post#4081238    
    In response to motherto3girls

a busy day of getting the kids ready for the homecoming dance! I am worn out, lol. The corsage we ordered for Paul's date was completely wrong. We didn't have time to wait for them to fix it, so they gave it to us free. Katherine helped me take it apart and redo it - it turned out pretty cute:)

I am taking a breather and then I need to clean - we destroyed the house with getting ready.

Tomorrow morning I am running a 5K with a friend and then home for more cleaning - my in-laws come on Monday and the Cross Country team dinner is on Tuesday

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

10-05-13 10:56 PM - Post#4081266    
    In response to scaredycat

I had a massage this morning and cleaned this afternoon. Dh went into work for a few hours this afternoon because his company flew in a guy from South Carolina and his wife because they would like to hire him. Then us wives met up with them for supper. It was a good evening with great food. They are a lovely couple. I hope they decide to come live here. Came home and chatted with my friend who had babysat for us. Ben was good for her and went to bed early so that was nice.

Tomorrow - well supposed to be nice so hoping to get out for a family walk. Will have to get groceries too since I am back to work Monday and won't have much time to do it during the week. Lots of odds and ends we want to get done in and around the house.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

10-06-13 12:06 AM - Post#4081268    
    In response to scrapanda

well.... today was Graceland.... tonight was Beale street..... tomorrow is driving home.

Beth Ann 
SJ Divalicious
Beth Ann
Reg: 01-23-03

10-06-13 06:38 AM - Post#4081278    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Took a vacation this weekend.

Thursday, drove down the coast to Riviera Beach (north of West Palm Beach).

Friday, two tank dive off shore.

Saturday, dove the Blue Heron Bridge - oh my goodness! So many critters! There's a reason this is often listed on top 10 lists of best dives! In the afternoon, attended the U's football game (U of Miami) - still undefeated.

Today we drive back.

Let me find a picture from our balcony. We're staying at a Marriott vacation club resort right on the beach - great place, we have a two bedroom with a full kitchen. The resort has a lot of amenities, I could see staying here with a family!

Beth Ann 
SJ Divalicious
Beth Ann
Reg: 01-23-03

10-06-13 06:40 AM - Post#4081280    
    In response to Beth Ann

Picture is too big, will have to post it later

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

10-06-13 08:54 AM - Post#4081296    
    In response to Beth Ann

Sounds like everyone is having fun!

We went to my mom and dad's yesterday to celebrate mom's birthday. It was fun! But we came home super late and the mood is a bit tight this morning. I'm planing on getting every one engaged in a chore so we can reign in the mess. This afternoon I'll workout and shop for food. Not much else.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

10-06-13 09:32 AM - Post#4081300    

Yesterday I was at my crop. Today was church (serving), some adding up of figures and then a short harvest celebration at the organist's house, then to the Mall for lunch. It's been beautiful yesterday and today, and we're just contemplating going for an hour's walk before it gets cold. I suspect we won't though! We're both tired and not at our best.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

10-06-13 09:34 AM - Post#4081302    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Wait. Graceland? Ooo.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

10-06-13 10:03 AM - Post#4081308    

• RedSquirrel Said:
Wait. Graceland? Ooo.

yup

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

10-06-13 11:23 AM - Post#4081330    

• gingersfavorite Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:
Wait. Graceland? Ooo.

yup

Right girlie, booking you a separate thread for when you get home and can tell us ALL about it WITH pictures.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

10-06-13 11:25 AM - Post#4081332    

And Beth Ann, I would love to see your pics too. How lovely to have a beach weekend away! We live too far from any beachy-type of vacation area for a weekend trip.

Oh and we did our little walk. Discovered where the path went, didn't go where we expected, walked home - all in half an hour. It was a nice little trot up hill and down dale, and my headache has gone now. Now to bake some bread...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
August 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.178 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 11:50 PM