Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Scrapjazz Store Closing        (Topic#328330)
Kels 
Administrator
Kels
Reg: 06-12-06

09-25-13 12:42 PM - Post#4079972    

Several years ago, Scrapbook.com aquired Scrapjazz. Over the years, the sites have operated independently and each have even had their own stores and newsletters. In an effort to bring you more frequent and more valuable offerings and inspiration we are merging the Scrapjazz newsletter and store with Scrapbook.com.

If you are currently registered to receive the Scrapjazz newsletter, you'll automatically receive your first issue of the Scrapbook.com Newsletter next week and you can shop at Scrapbook.com instead of Scrapjazz starting today. If you have Scrapjazz.com gift certificates and coupons, we encourage you to use them up now... the store will close in the coming weeks and those codes will no longer be valid.

The Scrapjazz forums and gallery will remain open and we have no plans to merge those areas, but we encourage you to join and participate in the fun and kind community at Scrapbook.com. We've even set up a special forum at Scrapbook.com for Scrapjazz members to congregate and talk. We hope you'll consider making Scrapbook.com your online home.

Scrapbook.com has over 1.8 million project ideas in their gallery, an active forum community, videos, free classes, and educational articles. And they carry nearly 40,000 products in the Scrapbook.com Superstore (that's double what we carry at Scrapjazz)! We think you'll be really happy with the inspiration, shopping experience, and newsletters. You'll get more ideas, more features, newer and more products, bigger discounts, and much more at Scrapbook.com.

We hope you will at least try one Scrapbook.com Newsletter issue but you may unsubscribe at any time via the link included in each newsletter.

Thanks for your understanding and support. We can't wait to send you your first Scrapbook.com newsletter next week!

The Scrapjazz.com Team

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

09-25-13 01:49 PM - Post#4079990    
    In response to Kels

Hi Kels, thanks for letting us know!

I'm sorry that the SJ store didn't work out.

But I'm VERY thankful that we won't be losing our forums and gallery here. I'm also thankful that many of us have accounts and are active members "over there" already, as well as here.

Just a quick query. The September SJ Challenges are offering $25 ScrapJazz vouchers. The draw won't be till October. Will those be honoured or will they be changed to scrapbook.com vouchers? Will we still be having the Challenges, but with scrapbook.com vouchers again as we used to before the SJ store opened?

Hope you and baby are getting on really well.

Kels 
Administrator
Kels

09-25-13 03:23 PM - Post#4080012    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Hey Red! Thank you for your sweet note about my baby boy We're all doing really well!

We will still be hosting challenges through December 2013 with coupons being valid at Scrapbook.com. Come 2014 however, all challenges will reside at SB.C.

If you were just given a coupon code for our August challenge HERE at SJ and you don't use it before the store closes, please contact our customer service department at support@scrapbook.com and we'll get you straightened out

Thanks for the great inquiries!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-25-13 04:22 PM - Post#4080020    
    In response to Kels

I'm so glad you and your little son are doing well.

One final question - sorry! The challenges that we have here at SJ are technique or theme challenges on which we can use any products. International users who haven't got access to many of your products can therefore still enter. I've just had a look at the challenges "on the other side" and they all seem to be product-based.

Are you planning on migrating "our" challenges over to sb.com in the new year, or continuing only with the current sb.com format? I realise that international customers have to be fairly low on your list of priorities out of necessity, but it has been so nice to feel included here at SJ. I still have some items from the $50 overstock prize packs that I won before the prizes went down to $30 and then $25 store coupons. I can't begin to explain how exciting those packs were, and how much they were appreciated.

The SJ Challenges will be sorely missed, but thank you for keeping the message boards and the gallery going for us, and for letting us borrow Lisa!

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

09-25-13 05:18 PM - Post#4080022    

Well, at least there's a few more months left.

I don't see this site sticking around long term no matter what's said now. They say that about the magazines. Oh no, we're still going to have print even though we have digital. Then they cut back. Then they take away the print.

It's a matter of time.

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper
Reg: 03-15-03

09-25-13 05:48 PM - Post#4080028    
    In response to kaleidoscope

Tam, I totally agree with you!

I want to know, can we still order from the SJ store before the end of the year?? You know, just to be ordering?? Or are you only taking orders from those with $25 from challenges??

I will miss those challenges.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-26-13 01:50 AM - Post#4080086    
    In response to buttonscrapper

That's what I'm afraid of too. We'll have to wait and see. And encourage our people to head over to sb.com to help a smooth transition. All those years of work and comments in our Gallery though...

Virginia, it says the SJ store will be closing "in the coming weeks". I would guess that means during October. Not as long as the end of the year.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom
Reg: 09-28-05

09-26-13 06:10 AM - Post#4080092    

Thanks for letting us know Kels. Glad to know that you and the baby are doing well. I really hope that this forum continues to stay open, I also participate there, but this one has a different feel.

Wondering if we will at least still have NSD over here. It's really different in each place, this is my favorite place for NSD.

I have a bunch of stuff in my cart already, so I'll make time to make a decision and check out today so I don't need to worry about my GC.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

09-26-13 07:51 AM - Post#4080104    
    In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:

Wondering if we will at least still have NSD over here. It's really different in each place, this is my favorite place for NSD.

This. Not only is it more doable but being smaller with better chances of winning makes it more fun. This is the one I participate in.

I will not be joining up on the board over at sb.com whether or not SJ disappears altogether.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-26-13 08:03 AM - Post#4080108    

I agree completely about NSD. I checked out sb.com's challenges this year but I was overwhelmed and gave up. Nora's challenges here were just perfect.

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT
Reg: 06-06-06

09-26-13 08:03 AM - Post#4080110    

You can order as long as the store is open...doesn't matter if you have a GC or not.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

09-26-13 08:48 AM - Post#4080116    
    In response to Megan - FT

This is my favorite place for NSD too! I've checked out challenges at other sites and the challenges here are always more fun and motivating. Maybe it's the other members that make it fun though.

I think I've placed most of my orders with Scrapbook.com. Their store always seemed more user friendly then the ScrapJazz store.

Kels 
Administrator
Kels

09-26-13 10:10 AM - Post#4080136    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Hi everyone - thank you for your feedback!

The store will be closing soon, so don't wait to place your orders. You can order as long as the store interface is live, but once its taken down, you'll need to order at Scrapbook.com

There are HUNDREDS of challenges each month at SB.C whether they are sponsored by us, manufacturers, or members, so I'm sure you'll find something that is manageable and fits your challenge needs. We will not be hosting challenges here come January 2014 and that includes NSD. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll certainly look back at the types of NSD challenges that were held here and try to incorporate them into NSD at Scrapbook.com so that more of you will join us.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can address for you as we make this transition. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will take all matters into serious consideration. Thank you!

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom
Reg: 09-28-05

09-26-13 10:37 AM - Post#4080138    
    In response to Kels

Thanks for keeping us informed Kels. Personally I always shop at scrapbook.com unless I have GC here, I prefer the larger selection. As you probably know, I already do some challenges at scrapbook.com. I will miss the friendly nature of the challenges here.

Aside from being small and friendly, NSD here gave us 2 or 3 days to complete the challenges, but scrapbook.com has a one day limit and zillions of people competing. For me, it wasn't the type of challenge that was different, but the extra time and the chatting with people I actually know. Don't know if there is a way to replicate those aspects over there.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

09-26-13 11:33 AM - Post#4080142    
    In response to boysmom

There is no way I could compete there. I'm a slow scrapper no matter how simple my pages are (quite frustrating but that's how it is). It wouldn't work for me. When challenges/contests get too many players I don't bother.
I understand it's not financially worth it to scrapbook.com. But I don't have to like it. LOL

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper

09-26-13 02:50 PM - Post#4080162    

As long as SJ still has the gallery and message boards, I'm fine with not having the SJ store. But.....if they close SJ, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable anywhere else.....

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

09-27-13 11:31 PM - Post#4080284    
    In response to buttonscrapper

• buttonscrapper Said:
As long as SJ still has the gallery and message boards, I'm fine with not having the SJ store. But.....if they close SJ, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable anywhere else.....

That says everything!

JennK 
SJ Fanatic
JennK
Reg: 06-19-03

09-28-13 10:15 AM - Post#4080340    

• RedSquirrel Said:
That's what I'm afraid of too. We'll have to wait and see. And encourage our people to head over to sb.com to help a smooth transition. All those years of work and comments in our Gallery though...

I know. I have 1,018 layouts in my gallery. That's hours and hours of work. If I lost all that, and couldn't look back in my gallery for something and see a comment from Jan, I think I might be too upset to want to transition to another gallery. I understand that the site has gotten quiet, but I can't even get my user name over there - it's long since taken. I play challenges for inspiration, not prizes, and I don't have a problem with losing the store, but losing 1018 layouts would be heartbreaking.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

09-28-13 05:36 PM - Post#4080392    
    In response to JennK

I wonder if they could transfer your galleries to Scrapbook.com?

I don't look back through mine, so this isn't an issue for me. I have my albums to look at.

admin 
Administrator
admin
Reg: 05-12-07

09-30-13 03:00 PM - Post#4080524    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Hi Everyone -
I just wanted to reiterate that we have no plans to close the Scrapjazz gallery and forums. We know, that, for many of you, this place is very important and we are sensitive to that. This change is just for the store and the newsletter. Thanks so much for your understanding.
- McKane (President, Scrapbook.com and Scrapjazz.com)

admin 
Administrator
admin
Reg: 05-12-07

09-30-13 03:02 PM - Post#4080526    
    In response to admin

That avatar of the girl Simpsons character, doesn't look anything like me. :/ (the problem with a co-managed "admin" account).

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-30-13 03:45 PM - Post#4080532    
    In response to admin

Thank you very much for letting us know.

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

10-01-13 12:23 AM - Post#4080558    

Thanks for letting us know!

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper

10-01-13 09:29 AM - Post#4080588    
    In response to qaustriangirl

Thank you! Love it here at SJ!!!

ScrappinTraveler 
SJ Eloquent One
ScrappinTraveler
Reg: 10-12-09

10-17-13 06:39 PM - Post#4082726    

• kaleidoscope Said:
There is no way I could compete there. I'm a slow scrapper no matter how simple my pages are (quite frustrating but that's how it is). It wouldn't work for me. When challenges/contests get too many players I don't bother.
I understand it's not financially worth it to scrapbook.com. But I don't have to like it. LOL

Hi Tam!! Hi Rosie! I have to say I've been doing the challenges over on SB.com and it's not bad at all!!! I was a little worried at first because the site is so big. . .but they have challenges with no stress. . .and simple layouts get just as much love as fancy ones. There's one that is a compliment challenge - no prize - but lots of love. And the ones I've seen with prizes are all random generated so everyone has an equal chance of winning.

I was going through a funk with all this furlough and shut down stuff and the challenges over there have been really keeping me busy. :-).

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

10-17-13 07:05 PM - Post#4082730    
    In response to ScrappinTraveler

Hi Marty!!!

beeceecode 
SJ Newbie
beeceecode
Reg: 12-24-13

12-27-13 12:48 PM - Post#4091534    

hi am just new this week.. so challenges will still be from here? not SB.com?
thanks

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

12-27-13 02:42 PM - Post#4091540    
    In response to beeceecode

Hi and welcome to SJ!

There are challenges on both sites, but this site will no longer be offering prizes from the end of 2013. There are plenty of informal challenges in the Challenges forum though, at least 2 each week through 2013. Hope you come and join in!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
July 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.262 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 11:31 AM