Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Hello Scrapbook Retreat        (Topic#328118)
Westerngirl 
SJ Diva
Westerngirl
Reg: 07-06-08

09-06-13 11:03 PM - Post#4077500    

I'm very excited as I'm going for a week end crop, next week end please give me a list of what I need to take & what not to take, do any of you take your cutters? I'm not wanting to share mine so do I just leave it at home?? Any hints will be so helpful as I haven't scrapped in so long that I'm scared

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

09-07-13 01:21 AM - Post#4077508    
    In response to Westerngirl

Ooh exciting Wen! Are you driving or are you limited on space and weight?

I always take my Cuttlebug because I use it on most projects. I don't take the Silhouette, but I pre-plan and cut any shapes or fancy titles I want in advance.

Why don't you take your cutter, but leave it packed? Then you have it if you need it, and can make cuts overnight if you don't want to share. You might find that everyone has brought their own and nobody needs to share, or that a cutter is provided.

I have a check-list for crops, and I just fling everything in bags the night before without thinking, then I wake up in the morning and pop another load of miscellaneous bits in that I've thought of overnight. That's how my brain works.

My monthly 1 day crop is today, and I'm at the stage of having a hundred ideas, and running into the craft room every 5 minutes to pack a few more things. I leave in an hour and a half!

My check-list contains the basics, plus things I've wished I had or have forgotten in the past:
- pencil, eraser, black and brown markers
- ink pads for inking: brown, black, white, metallic (if I'm doing Christmas things)
- bone scorer, 12" ruler
- mini cutting mat & craft knife
- paper piercer and embossing tool
- adhesives: glue dots, foam squares, double-sided tape, liquid glue, repositionable
- a notebook for ideas, sketches and composing journalling
- my trimmer and blades (yes, I've almost left that behind before!)
- stamps folder
- ribbon bag and a few gems, maybe washi tape
- Cuttlebug, mats, embossing folders, dies
- paper packs (easier to co-ordinate than single sheets), black, white and kraft card-stock, coloured card-stock stack
- card blanks in case I need a break from scrapbooking and want to use up the scraps
- hole punch and distress tool

Goodness I could go on for hours. Those are my essentials. I need to go! Enjoy your crop! When is it?

Gramma - Claudia 
SJ Eloquent One
Gramma - Claudia
Reg: 06-23-03

09-07-13 10:43 AM - Post#4077546    

I make up "Page Kit" packages. I include the pictures, background paper, embellishments and so on for the layout. I always seem to include more in the kit than I end up using ;-). I put all of that together in a bag. This works so well for me that I use this technique at home for my scrapping. Sometimes I just don't want to glue, I just want to organize. Works well also for when I just don't have the right piece as it's easy to take the bag shopping with me.

Then I've put together a small tote with all the generic stuff like a trimmer and adhesive and scissors. Since I am a true scrap collector that bin is filled with duplicates of things that stay in my craft room, so I don't unpack it. I also don't like sharing my more expensive tools at a crop so I try to do all my cutting ahead of time. But, I have found that most often there is a Cricut or some such cutter available for general use.

Have fun, fun, fun

Edited by Gramma on 09-07-13 10:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

09-07-13 05:58 PM - Post#4077572    
    In response to Gramma - Claudia

The only crops I have been to have been Creative Memories sponsored and they always have a Cricut there as well as all their punches so I never take mine. I take pretty much what Rosey does in terms of staples. I try to coordinate my embellies somewhat with what I am working on so I don't have to take them all. Occasionally I will make up page kits but that is not really how I like to scrap because it makes me feel confined!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

09-08-13 01:10 AM - Post#4077596    
    In response to scrapanda

My check-list has now had added to it:
- scraps bucket
- wet wipes
- kitchen towel

I always forget something.

Westerngirl 
SJ Diva
Westerngirl
Reg: 07-06-08

09-11-13 04:22 AM - Post#4078054    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Thanks so much ladies, only 2 days to go , should I start to pack yet??? LOL

Gramma - Claudia 
SJ Eloquent One
Gramma - Claudia
Reg: 06-23-03

09-11-13 09:33 AM - Post#4078132    

Have a great time. They really are fun. Be sure to take pics so you can scrap a layout of you scrapping. ;-)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
November 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.233 seconds.   Total Queries: 21   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 10:09 AM