Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Weird "energies"-spin off of cemetery thread        (Topic#327516)
Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

07-15-13 07:14 PM - Post#4071004    

Reading about the weird cemetery events has gotten me thinking. Do you think some old houses, buildings give off an "energy?" You might think I am batty but I swear when we have gone to some museums that have old buildings, I get a weird feeling that we are not alone-and it isn't the other people in the building with me. I also have a hard time buying antique furniture because of this too. I have been at stores and certain pieces of furniture, though beautiful, have weirded me out.

Am I just a freak? (You can call me one, I don't care!! My dh does!!)

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

07-15-13 08:15 PM - Post#4071012    
    In response to Nora

I don't necessarily think they have "energy"? but spirits - yes.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

07-15-13 08:36 PM - Post#4071020    
    In response to gingersfavorite

You and me both Nora, we can be freaks together! Spirits and residual energy can attach themselves to objects as well as buildings or the land they sit on.

We lived in one particular house in Argentina that had the most negative energy ever. Noises, oppressive feelings, strange accidents, it all happened all the time to us. My mom went to answer the phone one very early morning and slipped and fell in the room that held the bulk of all the activity. This fall triggered the miscarriage of the baby my parents so very much wanted. I can't even describe the anguish felt not just by this event but in general on a daily basis. We got the heck out of there in a hurry! My mom even had the house cleansed and blessed twice. Nothing helped, we were terrified there.

michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann
Reg: 01-09-06

07-15-13 09:32 PM - Post#4071036    
    In response to carpe scrapum

We stayed a night on the Queen Mary back in March and it is known to be haunted. It definitely had some strange vibes with it. Any place that has history is going to, in one way or another.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

07-16-13 02:29 AM - Post#4071058    
    In response to michann

Definitely.

I LOVE visiting old houses, and each area in them definitely has a different atmosphere. A big group of us went to a hundred-year-old colonial house in Australia. We all agreed that one room felt quite different from the others. Not cold in temperature, but cold in a shut-out, defensive, don't-want-you-here way. When we got back to reception we were asked "did you find the haunted room?" that we hadn't known about. Of course, it was that room and I forget the story now but someone had been killed there. That happens so often. We have many, many old houses here in England.

Most often though when I'm visiting other houses, I find myself almost walking into walls, thinking there is a doorway there. When I ask, there always used to be a doorway there but they or the previous residents have moved it.

That happened in the house we are in now, although I didn't know it. When we moved in, I couldn't get used to the big double-doorway between the dining room and the lounge. I blocked it in and knocked through where I wanted the doorway - and bingo. There was the lintel of the old doorway! It is now back where it used to be again.

I'm still a bit hazy about the top of our stairs too, although I can't get my head around exactly what has changed. I suspect the dining room wall has been moved and the passage to the lounge used to be on the stairs side instead of through the dining room.

That is energy, not spirits. But we still have Sophie our ghost dog which is definitely a spirit. We hadn't sensed her since we had the carpets replaced in "her" hallway, but a few weeks ago we both felt her back again. We are so pleased!

Sorry Nora! Major hijack there!

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

07-16-13 09:24 AM - Post#4071112    
    In response to RedSquirrel

I think I've told this before. I went after T-Giving day shopping a few years ago (well we do every year). Dh, dd (about 6) and ds (3) were downstairs playing. Dh and dd "heard" that Mommy was home upstairs, shuting the door, then walking down the hall (antique hardwood). No I wasn't! I "feel" things around here. The man who built this house and quite possibly died in the living room as EMTs were here, was quite the fun jokester. Nothing feels "bad." We're the only other owners. One time we went to a old plantation house in IL (I think) and went up to where the slaves were "kept." Oh wow, I could feel energy up there like crazy. It was creepy although I totally understood why it would be a "negative" energy. It just "felt" sad, not peaceful, and haunted up there.

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

07-16-13 09:25 AM - Post#4071114    
    In response to rottiefan

Oh and as far as him dying in the LR, I never wanted to really know so I never asked the family.

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

07-16-13 10:39 AM - Post#4071144    
    In response to rottiefan

My mother died in my parents bedroom. It was a peaceful death and I do not feel her in the house so I think she has passed on. It is weird that some "spirits" choose to stay and some go-even if they didn't die in a negative way.

Kim-do you know how the man died?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
October 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.177 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 07:38 PM