Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Wednesday        (Topic#326669)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

05-15-13 01:43 AM - Post#4061153    

Today I have to go back and collect the first round of envelopes. It's supposed to dry out later so I'm going to do the late one tonight, 6:30-7:30. We're not allowed to call after 8pm which is good. Any who don't answer, I'll go back tomorrow earlier in the day, because tomorrow night is choir practice.

I looked on various maps yesterday and discovered that the missing houses don't exist. Well that would be why I didn't find them! I did find one house tucked behind the others that I missed yesterday so I'll do that one today and go back tomorrow.

Other than that I intend to do some scrapping, put some new elastic in my jammies and get some ironing done.

How about you?

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

05-15-13 03:44 AM - Post#4061157    
    In response to RedSquirrel

I hope you have good luck with your envelopes today, and that you stay dry
Since I spent yesterday with scrapbooking, I need to do all the housework today Have already done some laundry, went grocery shopping and mopped my floors.
Next will be cooking and then clean the bathroom. Ironing will have to wait until tomorrow, because Natascha comes home at 12:00, wants something to eat and someone to talk to and Siegy's niece is coming for a visit afterwards.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

05-15-13 05:20 AM - Post#4061159    
    In response to qaustriangirl

babysitting... after school will add 2 more (well 1 is mine).

need to do the kitchen

more laundry

thinking about making muffins. Hubby is out of granola bars and I think I have all the supplies for muffins.

Figure out supper for me the boys are doing a pancakes supper at a church this evening. I can't eat it because they are using a pancake mix.

We'll see what else happens today. I still need to vacuum so we'll see if we get there.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

05-15-13 07:57 AM - Post#4061169    
    In response to hockeymom24

I'll do a load or two of laundry. Probably hand-wash some bottles.... and hang a vinyl on Britt's bedroom wall. I'll take the dog out numerous times (LOL) and help Britt alter a wastebasket for the nursery. That's all I know of right now.

MindySue 
SJ Divalicious
MindySue
Reg: 03-05-06

05-15-13 08:06 AM - Post#4061171    
    In response to gingersfavorite

it is my hubby's birthday today, and he's home early from work already (he went in at 5 and was home by 6:30 LOL) - so we are making him his favorite cookies and chillin all day long.
and for dinner I am going to try to make navajo tacos, per his request!

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

05-15-13 08:22 AM - Post#4061173    
    In response to MindySue

oh Mindy, that sounds like fun - hope it's a great day!

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

05-15-13 09:44 AM - Post#4061177    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Have a great day Mindy!

My dh had an appointment this morning with a chiropractor. He could barely walk this morning. He had x-rays and therapy and feels a lot better already. They said his condition is really common with LEO's and construction workers. His hips and vertabrae were out of alignment. He also had bone spurs and cartilage degeneration. All lower back.

I'm going to finish up laundry, organize in my scraproom, make birthday cards, and plant my flowers. Later I will pick Lilly up from soccer practice.

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

05-15-13 10:27 AM - Post#4061179    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

It is a yucky day at our house. All three of us still have colds and now dh texted me this morning that he is going to a walk in clinic after his 10am meeting. His cold has been off/on for about 4 months now and now he is feeling nauseated. In the time I have known him (10 years) he has gone to the doctor twice...once for a physical for work and once after being rear ended. So for him to go now he must really not feel well. And now I feel sick to my stomach...not sure if I am actually sick or just worried about him.

MindySue 
SJ Divalicious
MindySue
Reg: 03-05-06

05-15-13 10:33 AM - Post#4061181    
    In response to scrapanda

it's no fun when you're sick - feel better quick

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-15-13 11:18 AM - Post#4061189    
    In response to MindySue

to Amanda, Mr Amanda and Ben. What a miserable situation. Let us know how your hubbie is?

Oscar T. Grouch 
SJ Queen of the Crop
Oscar T. Grouch
Reg: 02-16-05

05-15-13 01:20 PM - Post#4061217    

Still doing laundry. A big pile now needs folded.

I'm going out for a coffee with an old friend later.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-15-13 01:21 PM - Post#4061219    

Huh. I'm home after the first Christian Aid collection.

I had 31 houses. 14 donated. A handful said "no thanks". Some weren't in and others "weren't in". I had just the one horrid old man who told me I was breaking the law and hadn't I seen the police No Cold Calling signs all up the road? I apologised and explained that charities are excluded from that, because I checked before I agreed to do this area. He told me he didn't care, and suggested I got myself down his steps and off his property as quickly as I could. I did. I'm still jangled now.

I'd rather push envelopes through doors in the rain any day.

Oh and here's irony for you. The owner of the biting letter-box told me that she hadn't had an envelope! I gave her another one - and she told me to come back tomorrow ! I could have saved my broken thumbnail. I reckon the letter-box ate my envelope as well as my thumb-nail.

And I still have to go back tomorrow for the rest.

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

05-15-13 02:33 PM - Post#4061237    

Well now that I have managed to get some ginger ale, a banana and some crackers into me I am feeling a lot better. Dh is home and went to bed. The doc he saw thinks it may be allergies...to what who knows? But he says his lungs are clear, his throat doesn't look irritated and he thinks he probably feels sick to his stomach from coughing so hard. So even though B and I also have colds the doc thinks it is unrelated because dh's has been going on for so long. So prescribed him some reactine and we'll see I guess.

Rosey I don't envy you for having to do that job. Here at least you don't have to go back to collect. The people either donate to you on the spot or if no one is home or they don't have time to do it right then they leave the envelope and you mail it away yourself. I dread when people come to collect because the dogs are going nuts at the door and there have been scams going on of people pretending to be with charities just to get money so I generally say no and do all my donating online!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

05-15-13 03:02 PM - Post#4061243    
    In response to scrapanda

If we don't get a reply at the second call, we put a note through with the web-site details so that they can donate on-line if they wish.

The trouble is that I have every sympathy with them because I hate being bothered by door-to-door people at meal-times as well. But the rule is that we can't knock after 8pm (quite right too) so the only way of catching people after work is to interrupt their dinners. I hate doing it.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Amanda.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
November 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.218 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 11:11 PM