Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Username Post: Wednesday, Wednesday!        (Topic#326291)
carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

04-17-13 07:37 AM - Post#4056421    

What's up? Last day of religious Ed for us. I have house things to do and dinner to make. Nap too since Greg kept me up all night moving about the bed like it was on fire!

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

04-17-13 07:41 AM - Post#4056427    
    In response to carpe scrapum

Well... since I planned on being home yesterday (and wasn't) I will do those domestics today. I need to unpack the last of my bags from last weekends trip. Do some laundry! Load the dishwasher & run that.

Go to the local grocery store to grab a few pork chops for dinner....

Bowling with Mark tonight - though our leagues are done - we're going to try to keep meeting people at the alley for fun & practice.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

04-17-13 07:57 AM - Post#4056439    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Wednesday is my rest day as far as working out goes. My main goal today is laundry. In between I'll probably start going through the garage sale piles. I've been thinning them out and donating some. Less to mess with that way. May is going to be a busy month for us, so I want to get it done. We're planning on having our garage sale in June.

After the girls get home from school my sil is suppose to come over and visit for a bit. She'll be leaving for Indianapolis tomorrow and flying out to OR early Friday morning.

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3
Reg: 06-15-10

04-17-13 07:58 AM - Post#4056441    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Working today and there is not a thing on my desk that I can do. I'm either waiting for a company to respond back on files or I'm caught up. Gonna be a long day at the office today.

Took DDIL shopping last night looking for Baptism items -- mainly invitations and an outfit for our little dude. Penney's had ONE outfit that would fit him so we grabbed it. Then we went into the mall looking for a Hallmark store for invites...no Hallmark store in the mall any longer. Went to Target for invites -- nothing but bday invites there. Went to a religious store. ZERO in that store!! Finally found something that would work at the stand alone Hallmark in another shopping center...they aren't Baptism specific, but look fancy and can be made Baptism specific. If I'd had more time, I'd make them, but knowing what I've got on my plate already, was not volunteering. I just can't believe we couldn't find any!!

Tonight I need to finish up the twins bday smash books and get those wrapped. Then finish cleaning up/out the room so I can start on the 1st Year books I have been planning on making the two new grandsons.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

04-17-13 08:11 AM - Post#4056445    
    In response to Grandma to 3

today I've gotten some computer work done, emails sent out, responded to, etc.

dh unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher before he left for work
i've scrubbed one bathroom from top to bottom.
I have a load of laundry on the go.

I need to clean kitchen, plan supper, put clothes away. J and I need to take library books back, stop at the grocery store to see if they have any PB in yet, do homework and spend some time toghether.

I have a baby shower I am going to tomorrow so I should make a card and get the gift put in a gift bag so it's done.

hopefully tonight we'll all go out for a walk.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

04-17-13 08:50 AM - Post#4056453    
    In response to hockeymom24

Good to see you Vivi. I was thinking about you earlier - must have sent up the telepathic bat-signal! Are you all recovered from the lurgy now?

Me? Feeling frustrated. I've GOT to stop eating those dratted boiled sweets I got at Christmas. They mess with my brain. I need just to throw them in the bin. Please, please tell me to throw them in the bin?

So. 8 birthday cards to make and 1 double LO, plus I need to call my Mum (1 hour+) and all I feel like doing is lying down on the sofa, although I know a bracing walk would be much better for me.

The LO is about 90% finished, just title, journalling, Stickles drying time and finishing touches to go.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

04-17-13 08:57 AM - Post#4056465    
    In response to RedSquirrel

If you have been eating the sweets since Christmas you're probably not eating very many at a time. You're good.

The only Easter candy that I've indulged in this year is Peeps. Probably one of the worst. The girls ended up getting 9 packages of them too.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-17-13 09:01 AM - Post#4056473    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

We can't get peeps here (yes, I have never eaten peeps!) although someone did tell me about a place in Salisbury that sells them, but we forgot to go. They're just shaped marshmallows, right?

I got 4 bags of these boiled sweets. I've been working my way through them at two or three when I scrap, but I've officially decided that they are making me feel very peculiar and not in a nice way. Obviously being "good" and limiting myself to just a few does not make enough of a difference.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

04-17-13 09:08 AM - Post#4056485    

If they tempt you the only way not to be tempted is to give them away or throw them out.

Yes, Peeps are just sugar coated marshmallows.

There are very few candies that I eat. Peeps is one of them. We also have Robin Eggs, Reeses, Hershey Minatures, Yorks, Dum Dums, Tootsie Rolls, and jelly beans. None of those tempt me. Lilly took a bunch of our Easter candy in for her Spanish class. They're making Pinatas. I purged our Christmas candy (gave it to the PD) to make room for the Easter candy. We don't eat a lot of candy.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-17-13 09:13 AM - Post#4056489    

I only know what about half of those are! We have jelly beans, and I've heard of tootsie rolls and Reeses are chocolate with peanut butter, right?

I only really enjoy chocolate. I need to get those boiled sweets out of the house...

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

04-17-13 09:28 AM - Post#4056491    

The chocolate I eat has to be 80% cocoa or more and even then it's not my favorite. It just doesn't taste good to me anymore.

Yes, Reeses are chocolate and peanut butter cups. I don't mind these homemade with dark chocolate and natural PB, but I don't like Reeses.

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT
Reg: 06-06-06

04-17-13 09:43 AM - Post#4056501    

Throw them in the bin!

Starburst jelly beans are my weakness.

Bad planning on my part. I'm working from home today. Plan was to be in my sweats all day. Then I got a reminder call...dr's appt. I scheduled it before the upgrade chaos, and I always try to get the first AM dark thirty appt, less waiting.

So I had to get dressed anyway.

scaredycat 
SJ Aficionada
scaredycat
Reg: 09-04-09

04-17-13 10:20 AM - Post#4056505    
    In response to Megan - FT

My kids and hubby LOVE sweets - they finished the Easter candy within 48 hours lol. My weakness is Reeses peanutbutter anything.

Today is another yucky weather day, luckily I don't have to go anywhere. My oldest made the horrendous mistake of showing the youngest an old "I Spy" computer game we have, so Maryann and I have been playing that all morning. I have to be right with her because she can't read and doesn't know what half the items are :P

In a bit she and I will head down to the scrapbook room and finally start working on cleaning up the mess I made in there but haven't had the motivation to get to. My son surprised me by inviting his English group over last night to work on a video project - lordy was I embarassed that they saw that mess! We are talking you can't even see the floor it's so messy!!!

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

04-17-13 10:47 AM - Post#4056511    
    In response to scaredycat

Rosey, what are boiled sweets?

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3

04-17-13 11:28 AM - Post#4056519    
    In response to rottiefan

I think any leftover Easter candy should be sent to Rosey so she knows what we deal with over here.

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT
Reg: 06-06-06

04-17-13 11:36 AM - Post#4056523    

Leftover Easter candy?

Whazzat?

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

04-17-13 12:07 PM - Post#4056529    
    In response to Megan - FT

The mini eggs are our favorite Easter candy! Peeps don't appeal to me but then again I only really like marshmallows in Smores!

I should be hearing from dh within the next hour whether or not he passed his exam. Talked to him this morning to make sure he was awake and he was worried about the exam which isn't like him at all. He never gets nervous or worried about things like that so I hope he did well.

Ben and I went and got some groceries this morning and then I had to stop and get a new battery for one of my watches and drop three necklaces off for repair. I thought they would take a day or two to be fixed but the guy said 2 weeks! Oh well...I have had them sitting to be taken in for repair for about 3 months at least!

Going to scrap a bit while Ben is napping. Then I have two baskets of laundry to fold. Usually fold it right away but Ben was bearing a bear yesterday and didn't really nap unless he was getting some snuggles at the same time so not much got done. Hoping to make a cake or some sort of dessert this afternoon...figure dh will want a treat regardless of how he did on his test!

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3

04-17-13 02:25 PM - Post#4056543    
    In response to scrapanda

Amanda -- next year do Smores with the peeps for the marshmallows!!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-17-13 02:36 PM - Post#4056551    

• Grandma to 3 Said:
I think any leftover Easter candy should be sent to Rosey so she knows what we deal with over here.

We just have chocolate for Easter usually. Chocolate eggs. That's good enough for me.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

04-17-13 02:37 PM - Post#4056553    
    In response to rottiefan

• rottiefan Said:
Rosey, what are boiled sweets?

According to Wiki, you folks across the pond call it "hard candy". I like it, but it doesn't like me.

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
July 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.269 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 11:29 AM