Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: The weekend        (Topic#326157)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

04-06-13 08:57 AM - Post#4055099    

It's Saturday!

And I should have gone to my monthly crop, but somehow I managed to start a migraine so I stayed home and missed it. It's passed the nausea and dizziness stage now so I've cleaned the bathroom and I now have 2 hours till my brother gets here. He's staying the night and leaving tomorrow afternoon.

So... cleaning, dusting, vacuuming are in my very near future before I can sit down again. I hate migraines.

What are you doing?

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

04-06-13 09:37 AM - Post#4055105    
    In response to RedSquirrel

finishing up a 12x12 I made for a friend....

will shower and go up to the auction in a bit.

Italian beef is in the crock pot for dinner.

Go to my dads tomorrow, to meet my new great niece who is visiting from Washington!

WorkingMommy 
SJ Diva
WorkingMommy
Reg: 04-15-07

04-06-13 09:50 AM - Post#4055107    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Sorry about your migraine, Rosey -- missing a crop stinks :'(

Should be headed for the hockey rink but DD is sick. There is a late-season stomach flu going around here, sure hope it doesn't get the rest of us.

I have some consulting work to do, tons of housework & laundry, then packing for CKC starting on Thursday!

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

04-06-13 09:53 AM - Post#4055111    

Owww Rosey, migraines stink. I hope you feel painless fast.

Steph, sounds like a fun weekend!

I couldn't take it anymore yesterday and Greg took me to the doctor. A whole lotta nothing that did since she basically told me to just rest and this too shall pass. The idiot didn't even feel my glands, listen to my lungs or generally tried to help me. As soon as I feel better I'm going to file a complaint about her. She literally stood ten feet away from me and leaned just a little to look at me throat. I'm very sorry that you are inconvenienced and even placed in a precariously germy position, it's the price you pay for being a flipping doctor!!!!!!

More resting and grinding my teeth about Greg not helping...

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

04-06-13 12:39 PM - Post#4055135    
    In response to carpe scrapum

Sorry about the migraine Rosey! And extra sorry you had to miss a crop because of it! I don't get them but dh does so I know they are awful. I actually had a headache yesterday, hormonal I think. It finally started to go away at bedtime and I was moving back in bed to snuggle with dh and I accidentally smashed my head into his. Then we both had a headache! I was telling my gf about it and she said 'that's why I don't cuddle with my dh'...ok...

This morning B and dh stayed home while I ran out to the grocery store and Michaels. Wanted to check out Michaels because the flyer said some 12x12 paper packs were on for $7.50. Most of them were not my style but I found one I liked and then I got some single sheet paper since it was 6 for $1.

Dh is studying again today so not much on our agenda. Probably will clean a little, scrap a little and play with B!

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

04-06-13 12:44 PM - Post#4055139    
    In response to carpe scrapum

That's to bad that you missed your crop Rosey. There was an article about migraines in my magazine this month and I thought about the few of you here that suffer with them. It mentioned a few things to try to relieve them. I'll have to read it.

Feel better Vivi! I wish men would realize that women need sick days once in awhile too.

Camy started fevering last night, so she's been sprouting roots on the couch today. Not much going on here. Just cleaning, organizing, and sprouting.

We were suppose to go visit my parents, but there is no way I would want to risk my mom getting sick so we decided to stay home.

hockeymom24 
SJ Diva
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

04-06-13 03:56 PM - Post#4055151    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

got up and went to the hockey rink with hubby, then took the kid to the indoor skateboard park. He had a blast, then back to the rink for a bit and then went to a sugaring off with my did and one of my sisters at a friends maple syrup camp. That was fun but we are beyond tired. Hubby reffed 5 games and we spent most of the afternoon outside in the windy breeze. At least we didn't get the 15 cm of snow they were calling for.

Sunday it's church and then we need to make bread and tidy up. Hoping to spend some time outside at some point.

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer
Reg: 09-13-02

04-06-13 04:01 PM - Post#4055155    
    In response to hockeymom24

Maple syrup camp .....sounds yummy!!!!

It's Sunday here.....sleeping in. It's lovely to be home again after a week away.

hockeymom24 
SJ Diva
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

04-06-13 04:14 PM - Post#4055161    
    In response to Kiwifarmer

• Kiwifarmer Said:
Maple syrup camp .....sounds yummy!!!!

It's Sunday here.....sleeping in. It's lovely to be home again after a week away.

oh it is yummy, it smelled so good. J ate so much maple candy. well so did I. It was so tasty! yum!

Oscar T. Grouch 
SJ Queen of the Crop
Oscar T. Grouch
Reg: 02-16-05

04-06-13 05:12 PM - Post#4055183    
    In response to hockeymom24

We are expecting a snow storm, ick

kellcinn 
SJ Aficionada
kellcinn
Reg: 12-31-06

04-07-13 04:48 AM - Post#4055223    
    In response to Oscar T. Grouch

Flu hit the grand daughters house hard last week, so I went to stay Thurs and Fri with them (giving the parents a break and lessening the stress at work). I got home Friday evening and promptly hit the bathroom before putting myself to bed. Thankfully I had a milder version but 24 hrs of it was enough.
Today is laundry, cleanup, and a few things that didn't get done while I was away.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

04-07-13 07:37 AM - Post#4055235    
    In response to kellcinn

Yesterdays auction was a bust. It was the second half of an estate and just the "junk" that he never deals with. Very small crowd and could not give stuff away For example, one guy bought a window air conditioner (that works) for $1 and the auctioneer through in the other one. Yep, two AC's for a dollar. We got several small items for nearly nothing. A bright yellow mirror & a couple of stools, all for Britt's nursery and this awesome quilt for $30 - I just love it!

This afternoon we are going to my dad's, as my sister, her son, his wife and their new baby are visiting for the first time. Can't wait to hold her

Attachment: photo-42.JPG (187.6 KB) 8 View(s)

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

04-07-13 09:26 AM - Post#4055243    

Another snow Sunday morning here! At least it is only -4C! DH, Ben and the dogs are all still snoozing away. I didn't get up long ago myself. DH will be studying again today and Ben and I will have a 'PJ Sunday'.

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

04-07-13 03:51 PM - Post#4055267    
    In response to scrapanda

I cleaned yesterday, took things back to the store, went for a walk with our neighbor, did some online shopping and last night watched "The Hobbit" with Char and Chris.

Today I got up and went to Kohl's to see if I could find some comfy dresses for work. Of course I didn't find any but bought 3 cardigans, 2 shirts, a pair of capri's, a dress I am not sure I am keeping (it might be too young for me-I got it in Jr's!) and a bunch of stuff for Char. I spent $300!! This is after the money I spent last night online and last week online from Loft and Macy's!! I have had to bring back a lot, though from the online stuff. I never get the right size. However, I hate shopping for clothes and never have time to go to the actual store!!

This afternoon I spent re-planting the veggies we grew from seed and planting more stuff. Who knows if any of this will grow but it is fun to plant!!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
December 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 21   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 02:52 AM