Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Friday and the weekend?        (Topic#325560)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

02-22-13 02:23 AM - Post#4048636    

I have a friend coming to stay the weekend, arriving tomorrow morning. We'll be scrapping, shopping, cooking, baking and talking our hearts out.

DH has a half day today but I'm be willing to bet he won't make it home before normal time. Tonight is pizza night, then he's going to the local Hi-Fi show tomorrow with his friends, and Sunday he's off first thing for a week's work in the Far East.

So that means I'll be spending today getting the house clean and tidy, then I'll have all next week to enjoy it by myself without anyone around messing it up again!

What are your plans? Can you beat that?

ridgiemom 
SJ Grand Poobah
ridgiemom
Reg: 05-09-08

02-22-13 05:43 AM - Post#4048644    
    In response to RedSquirrel

I am off today to a weekend crop in south Jersey. Can't wait to hit the road.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

02-22-13 06:47 AM - Post#4048646    
    In response to ridgiemom

I don't have friends to scrap with but that's okay - I've got my tight little space and don't have to move anything. Hopefully, will get several layouts done.

Going to be snow this weekend. Hubby's supposed to go away a few days with daughter to Disney leaving Sunday but it's a wait and see on the weather. Right now it's still on - the airline isn't doing any changes. While they're gone I may work on the house.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

02-22-13 07:48 AM - Post#4048650    
    In response to kaleidoscope

We're keeping the grandson Asher tonight.

Domestic duties daytime tomorrow. Then we're co-hosting an 80th birthday bash for the owner (friend) of our local pub.

Sunday recover, watch Nascar and the Oscars - LOL

WorkingMommy 
SJ Diva
WorkingMommy
Reg: 04-15-07

02-22-13 09:02 AM - Post#4048656    
    In response to gingersfavorite

Very jealous of Rosey's weekend!

Working from home this AM, may have to drive into the office in a few hours depending on what unfolds. Working on the Church scrapbook with a friend tonight. All day Saturday at the ice rink (9AM-5PM, my feet are cold just thinking about it). Sunday will be Church, then I think I will take my Mom to a store she's wanted to go to. Mixed in are of course tons of laundry and housework, LOL!

3 Little Ladies 39
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

02-22-13 09:47 AM - Post#4048662    
    In response to WorkingMommy

A scrapping weekend sounds fun! I should make time to scrap this weekend.

It's going to be a normal weekend for me.

Today- cleaning, laundry, making homemade pizza

Tomorrow- finish up cleaning, change beds, finish up laundry, visit with my parents, chicken gumbo for dinner

Sunday- gym, that's all I know for sure

Monday- I'm hoping my dh and I will be going out. We'll see.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

02-22-13 11:00 AM - Post#4048682    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

One of these days I need to slap together and finish up layouts for the 4H Junior Leaders' album so I can give it back and get it out of here.

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

02-22-13 11:30 AM - Post#4048684    
    In response to kaleidoscope

hmmm. it's a hockey weekend here.
-hockey game tonight
-hockey practice in the morning
-hockey game around lunch time but we have to travel about an hour or so to get there.
-saturday night, watching a hockey game.
-sunday morning hubby and J will go to a hockey breakfast meeting.
-sunday is church and then we'll probably have the races on in the afternoon/evening.

hopefully i'll keep feeling better and can get some major cleaning done that's been lacking. Saturday is out for that so many sunday.

this morning was mom's group then I went to a cooking class at one of our local grocery stores. It was on asparagus and it was so yummy! now just waiting for the time to go get the kid. Then to start cooking supper so it's ready for after hockey. The kid will eat before hand. I'll get some reading done with the kid and maybe I can convince him to have a rest!

qaustriangirl 
SJ Divalicious
qaustriangirl
Reg: 05-27-05

02-22-13 11:36 AM - Post#4048686    
    In response to hockeymom24

Today I went to the eye doctor, grocery shopping with dh and then made some cupcakes for Natascha's boyfriend, who had birthday on Wednesday and comes over at 7 p.m..
Tomorrow we will have friends over for a visit and I bet we will have fun. Sunday is nothing planned, so it might be a lazy day for us!

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda
Reg: 03-04-07

02-22-13 11:54 AM - Post#4048694    
    In response to qaustriangirl

Ben and I just got back from mommy/baby yoga. I am going to have some lunch and do some laundry. Hoping to do a bit of scrapping this afternoon. Supper is salmon, rice and some sort of veg.

Tomorrow I have a pedicure a noon with a friend - so excited about that! Then we are meeting a group of friends for supper and then going to a wedding reception. The wedding is one of the girls I went to physio school with and every month we all get together for supper or dessert/coffee. This month we decided to meet for supper and include our dh's and the babies (only 2 so far!) and put it on the day of the wedding since the wedding is just a reception. The church and supper part is immediate family only.

Sunday no plans so far so hopefully a relaxing day!

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3
Reg: 06-15-10

02-22-13 12:15 PM - Post#4048706    
    In response to scrapanda

I have nothing set in concrete for the weekend. Today is work then groceries afterward. Need to decide what we are going to do for supper -- always a Friday night fiasco.

Besides picking up the house and doing laundry, the only set thing we have to do is go see DH's DD as it is her birthday. Bonus will be seeing the 6mo DGS!!

I am hoping to get some work done in the scraproom. I peeked in there one night this week and it still holds ghosts of Christmas past (gifts we have no idea what to do with). I'll need to straighten that up and then hopefully put together some pages. I'm kinda excited since I haven't scrapped in a while. I quit scrapping my pics as DH and I don't need that and no one will want them when we are gone. So -- I've been wanting to scrap for others....and I have 2 others now to do that for!!

scrappydappydoodler 
SJ Diva
scrappydappydoodler
Reg: 11-21-07

02-22-13 12:50 PM - Post#4048710    
    In response to Grandma to 3

Going to a friends house Sat. and we are going to introduce her soon to be step-daughter (6 years old) to scrapbooking. It's going to be so fun. She got to pick out papers last time she got to visit.

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda

02-22-13 01:27 PM - Post#4048720    

• Grandma to 3 Said:
I have nothing set in concrete for the weekend. Today is work then groceries afterward. Need to decide what we are going to do for supper -- always a Friday night fiasco.

Besides picking up the house and doing laundry, the only set thing we have to do is go see DH's DD as it is her birthday. Bonus will be seeing the 6mo DGS!!

I am hoping to get some work done in the scraproom. I peeked in there one night this week and it still holds ghosts of Christmas past (gifts we have no idea what to do with). I'll need to straighten that up and then hopefully put together some pages. I'm kinda excited since I haven't scrapped in a while. I quit scrapping my pics as DH and I don't need that and no one will want them when we are gone. So -- I've been wanting to scrap for others....and I have 2 others now to do that for!!

Don't think your kids or grandkids will want them?

Grandma to 3 
SJ Aficionada
Grandma to 3
Reg: 06-15-10

02-22-13 02:45 PM - Post#4048750    
    In response to scrapanda

• scrapanda Said:

Don't think your kids or grandkids will want them?

No -- we've already been told they don't. Besides, most of our pics are of our trips -- of which they weren't present and would have no interest. So I've been quick scrapping those thru shutterfly in their albums. Quicker and less space taken.

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

02-22-13 05:26 PM - Post#4048786    

Tonight I am going out to dinner with some girls and tomorrow am going out with a friend who is up from FL for breakfast. I need to make some cards and create some layouts. It is supposed to snow so it will be fun to be stuck inside after being away all week.

I also want to hit my local scrap store too. It has some new CHA stuff I want to check out.

scrapanda 
SJ Diva
scrapanda

02-22-13 09:44 PM - Post#4048826    
    In response to Nora

Ah - dh just made me hot chocolate made with milk, whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top! Not so good for my healthy eating but how can I say no?!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
August 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.162 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 03:39 AM