Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Childhood friends        (Topic#324442)
michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann
Reg: 01-09-06

12-28-12 01:46 PM - Post#4035308    

We finally arranged for Jenna to have a sleepover with a friend that moved away. They talk on the phone and write letters (you know those things that the mail carrier brings lol). She moved to an area up one of our canyons and we live far enough away that it's not always ideal.
I seriously love this friend of Jenna's. She is so polite and well spoken. She and Jenna spent last night filming a Monster High version of the Christmas Carol. They played the Xbox Kinnect and Just Dance. They stayed up for a long time talking.
Jenna is a lot like DH and I in that we didn't ever fit into 1 group of friends and so we had a lot of friends, but not a ton that fit our personality. But she and this little girl have so much in common and they figure things out. They were planning on going out to play in the snow, but realized that she forgot her snow pants. She refused to use Jenna's and so they have been problem solving for the last 20 mins on how to keep her warm. She has boots, gloves, coat, just not the snow pants.
When her friend was struggling at her new school, her parents surprised her by picking up Jenna and taking them to hang out for a while at a fun center.
I just hope this friendship lasts forever - she is so special to us. I was holding back tears when Jenna said they were moving. I'm glad they've stayed friends.

So, tell me about one of your child's great friends or one that you had.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

12-28-12 02:57 PM - Post#4035316    
    In response to michann

aww... that's sweet. So glad they could get together & pick back up where they left off!

Britt's would be Mallory, who was born six mo. after Britt. Her parents (my friend Sabrina) brought Mallory by on their way home from the hospital, so they've been friends all her life! Through the late teen years, when Britt was rebelling.... after trying everything within her might to stop & change Britt... Mallory finally distanced herself from her - which broke my heart! Thankfully that didn't last too terribly long (though it seemed like it at the time)

But eventually Britt snapped out of it & went to visit Mallory (by then married) in KC. It took a few months & a couple more visits.... but through Mallory, the church there & God, Britt finally made the permanent move, which changed her life for the better. That happened just as I was diagnosed with breast cancer & she hesitated in going. I was like ummm, no! You go. I will be fine! And I was. And the rest is history

Britt and Mallory are 3rd generations girlfriends & are soooo hoping to have the 4th generation in a couple of years!

kellcinn 
SJ Aficionada
kellcinn
Reg: 12-31-06

12-28-12 03:36 PM - Post#4035318    
    In response to gingersfavorite

My middle son has known his best friend since he was 6 yrs old. This kid is my '4th' son and now my granddaughter's godfather. We love him, his wife, and their new son. He even calls us at Christmas and arranges to visit a few times a year.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

12-28-12 05:43 PM - Post#4035336    
    In response to gingersfavorite

That's great that they've stayed close.

Lillianne had a close friend from 1st-5th, but when they got to middle school they weren't in any of the same classes. They sort of grew apart. I wish they were still friends. She's a lot like Lillianne. They are friendly at school and they are in a few classes together this year, but they don't like each others friends. Lol! She still comes over once in awhile, but not like she used to.

Camille has been friends with two girls since 1st grade. She became friends with Kayla first and then Logan. Logan is Kayla's cousin. They are both nice girls. Kayla is a lot like Camille.

Abbigaile actually paired up with cousins this year too. Rhonda is in her class, and Grace (Rhonda's cousin) plays with them at recess. Grace also rides Abbigaile's bus so they sit together on the bus.

My friends changed as I changed over the years. I actually ran into a friend from HS last night. She was one of my bridesmaids. She was with two other girls we graduated with. We talked for a bit, but it was kind of awkward, sad.

michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann

12-28-12 05:53 PM - Post#4035342    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Yeah, I'm not friends with anyone I graduated with. I talk to some who grew up in our neighborhood, but I grew up with them from K-12

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

12-28-12 06:08 PM - Post#4035346    
    In response to michann

Bianca has had the same best friend since second grade and now they've added another girl in the mix who is just as sweet and has really taken a great ownership of the friendship she has with Bianca. I hope they stay friends forever too. Mia has many great friends but because they are still small, friendships are more dictated by the commitment the parents have to letting it grow. I'm home so I can be flexible but some moms work or have many activities that prevent the girls to get together.

My girls are also lucky in that their cousins live two miles away and happens to be super close. Those make the best friends in the world! Bianca has plans of opening a bakery with her cousin Sophia. We can see it happening actually! LOL

michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann

12-28-12 08:51 PM - Post#4035392    
    In response to carpe scrapum

We are really lucky that we live in the same zip code of most of Jenna's cousins. There are 3 boy cousins living in CA, but they are a few years younger than Jenna. She likes to play with her cousins as well.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

12-29-12 04:01 AM - Post#4035420    
    In response to michann

No kids here, but I am still friends with the two girls who lived next door and across the road from me at Jenna's age. And I met my BFF when we were both 13, she was my bridesmaid, and we still see each other regularly. In fact, we're talking on the phone right now...

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

12-31-12 05:11 PM - Post#4035836    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Char really doesn't have a "close" friend but is thick as thieves with her cousins who live 20 minutes away.

I have several close friends from my childhood. One I met in kindergarten and we HATED each other. Our mothers made us play together!! It gradually grew into a lifelong friendship.

Another I met in 3rd grade at a Bible camp. She was fun and so confident. I didn't see her again until 6th grade and we hit it off.

I would say my best friend I have is from HS. She and I just "click" and call each other when we need to just talk to someone without any judgement. We can say whatever and do not fear the other person is going to think we are a horrid person. You have to love those kind of friends!1

I have a couple others I don't see often but when we do hook up, it is like we never left off.

michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann

12-31-12 05:34 PM - Post#4035838    
    In response to Nora

I love these stories. My best friend and I met when I worked at a printing/design company. She said the first day she saw me she thought I was the biggest priss and never thought we'd get along.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
August 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.183 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 08:55 AM