Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Friday and the weekend        (Topic#323802)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

11-30-12 03:24 AM - Post#4028604    

It's nearly the weekend!

Today I'm tidying up after the decorating, doing laundry and ironing, and maybe some crafting this afternoon. And I need to write a few Christmas cards for our overseas friends and rellies to make sure they arrive in time.

Tomorrow it is the Christmas class-and-nibbles at my crop, so I have to bake something to take. We're doing mini-albums made from CD cases.

Sunday is going to be fraught. It's our Patronal Festival at church, we have the Bishop preaching, and instead of the usual 70-ish we're expecting 250 - and it's my turn to serve. It's only the 4th time I've done it, and I am so nervous.

So what is on your list?

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

11-30-12 05:57 AM - Post#4028618    
    In response to RedSquirrel

woke up on my own, just after 4:30. Went to the gym (across the street) at 5, and there were only 4 of the usual ten in attendance - even our leader was absent! LOL so thank goodness for apps... we did our walk/run & now I'm home having coffee.

Putting roast, carrots & potatoes in the crock pot, going to see my dad & step-mom around 11, and then to the city to get my oil changed.

Need to come home & gather things for my photo session in the morning. Our local pub for a little while tonight.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

11-30-12 07:52 AM - Post#4028624    
    In response to gingersfavorite

I need to get Debbie's package out. (So sorry, Deb, I forgot until your message!) Get cleaning done. House is in desperate need of cleaning/tidying up. Scrap a page - the idea is already formed.
Oh, and I need to stop at JoAnn's (I couldn't remember yesterday why I wanted to go ) to get binding clips. Which are just like hair clips - so I'll be using them for two purposes.

Scrappy-Cat 
SJ Diva
Scrappy-Cat
Reg: 07-01-06

11-30-12 08:13 AM - Post#4028630    
    In response to kaleidoscope

Right now my bestie is still asleep. In a little bit she'll get up and we'll head to Animal Kingdom and then hop back over to Hollywood Studios. Tomorrow is our last day so we plan to spend it at the Magic Kingdom.

scrappydappydoodler 
SJ Diva
scrappydappydoodler
Reg: 11-21-07

11-30-12 08:22 AM - Post#4028634    
    In response to Scrappy-Cat

We'll have the plumber here all day so I'm heading to the library later to work on my paper. This weekend will be more working on papers. Have three due by next friday.

gingersfavorite 
SJ Queen of the Crop
gingersfavorite
Reg: 08-13-07

11-30-12 08:33 AM - Post#4028638    
    In response to scrappydappydoodler

oh yeah.... the weekend.....

boudoir pictures (a Christmas / wedding surprise for Mark) tomorrow morning at 10. Then we plan to go get our Christmas tree & have friends over for a bonfire in the evening.

I assume Sunday will be spent decorating the tree, watching football & addressing Christmas cards.

MindySue 
SJ Divalicious
MindySue
Reg: 03-05-06

11-30-12 08:53 AM - Post#4028640    
    In response to gingersfavorite

lots of cleaning up to do today, been "letting it all go" with Grayson being sick, but we are feeding the missionaries tomorrow, so we gotta look presentable LOL
to do:
unload dishwasher, wash pans, clean kitchen
pick up living room, clean bathroom
laundry
assist boys in tidying up their rooms

gotta prep out christmas countdown calendar - I found the mini muffin pan for it, but haven't found the magnets or the ornaments that go in it yet - must be in another christmas bin in the garage

gotta wrap up all our christmas books - I let the boys pick one each night to unwrap and read til christmas, I have over 25 now, and they all teach about the nativity in some way, each one different from the other - we love it

and last but not least, I have to actually get dressed and run to the store what a bummer, can't stay in my pjs all day

Beth Ann 
SJ Divalicious
Beth Ann
Reg: 01-23-03

11-30-12 10:11 AM - Post#4028650    
    In response to MindySue

• MindySue Said:
gotta wrap up all our christmas books - I let the boys pick one each night to unwrap and read til christmas, I have over 25 now, and they all teach about the nativity in some way, each one different from the other - we love it

What a FANTASTIC idea, Mindy!!

kellcinn 
SJ Aficionada
kellcinn
Reg: 12-31-06

11-30-12 10:21 AM - Post#4028652    
    In response to MindySue

Home today, this morning spent cleaning and polishing! Lysol cleaner everywhere that would take it but the bedrooms are still in need of attention. I have a list of phone calls that have to be made, nothing controversial but I am one of the club who hates the phone and puts off calling until I can no longer.
This afternoon I have a conference call for a few hours and then I am done for the week! Our dogs need brushing really bad, so wondering if I can do the little guy (who is the hardest to do) while I am on the con call.
No decorations up yet, so that might need looking at this weekend, and some shopping to get finished.
Hope everyone makes it a great day!

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

11-30-12 11:04 AM - Post#4028666    
    In response to kellcinn

Today I'm going to work on homemade Christmas gifts, cleaning, and laundry. This will pretty much be every day, and whatever I can accomplish daily. Homemade pizza for dinner tonight. The girls are really excited because this is one meal their dad didn't want to attempt to make while I've been healing. lol

Tomorrow Lilly is going to see a movie with friends. It will be my first time out and about since my surgery. I'm going to drop her off and take her sisters to Target and Kohls. Then we'll pick her up and get a bite for dinner. Maybe I'll have my dh bring up all of our Christmas decorations.

Sunday I'm hoping to start putting up our Christmas decorations. I might get a head start on them Saturday night. It's easier to get the tree up after the girls are in bed. Then I'll let them decorate it. Just a family day at home.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

11-30-12 12:28 PM - Post#4028668    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

well, so far not a whole lot has been done. I got some dishes done but there's still stuff left. And I got my package mailed.

I've been meaning to get a hold of someone about getting together on Saturday if she's not busy but since I also hate the phone, I've been putting it off.

Beth Ann 
SJ Divalicious
Beth Ann
Reg: 01-23-03

11-30-12 01:16 PM - Post#4028678    

Planning to go to a Christmas Tour of Homes tonight or (more probably) tomorrow.

Shopping with my kids to find gifts for my sister.

Sleep in tomorrow, since I've been working hard this week!

hockeymom24 
SJ Eloquent One
hockeymom24
Reg: 04-03-11

11-30-12 06:41 PM - Post#4028710    
    In response to Beth Ann

today i went to mom's group, a free cooking/food event at a grocery store.
Hockey this evening.

Hockey saturday morning, over to a christmas sale, quick trip to the city.... i know as i say that i know walmart won't be quick. i need to spend my church budget so i have a list and hoping to get in and out within 45 minutes, i know i'm asking for a lot.

home so hubby can go back to town and ref hockey, J and I will go to a santa claus parade then to visit santa.

sunday is church, skating and a get together with friends. then back to the grind.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

11-30-12 07:11 PM - Post#4028720    
    In response to hockeymom24

I got almost nothing done today. Just what I posted earlier and my LO. Since I hate making phone calls, I stopped at her house on the way home but no one answered the door. I don't know if they didn't hear me or no one was home. Just as well because I remembered after that the weather might be iffy tomorrow. At least that's how they made it sound on the radio, but TWC is just a chance of snow showers.

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

11-30-12 07:34 PM - Post#4028724    

I put the dishes in the dishwasher away, no problem. Then I cleaned our bathroom and bedroom. I started to feel my stitches pull. Pushed through making our pizza. Sat for a bit. Helped Abby with her shower. Put her to bed. My stomach is swollen and feels like it weighs a ton. Now I'm resting again.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
September 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.093 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 10:11 AM