Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: clothes shopping sucks...        (Topic#323740)
kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

11-27-12 04:00 PM - Post#4028068    

Makes me want to cry.
I can't find bras that fit. Can't find pants that fit. And I need a grandma to knit me sweaters.

Went down to LL Bean outlet on the really off chance. Haven't gone in there in ages. And I found pants that fit. Sort of. They would have if they didn't have FREAKING HUGE THIGHS!! They didn't look good on me because the thighs are too baggy. I found one pair of jeans that would have been perfect - if the waist wasn't tight. And they would've have been really good/great prices.

I swear if anyone tells me they wish they had my problem ever again I'm going to snap. And it won't be pretty.

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper
Reg: 03-15-03

11-27-12 04:42 PM - Post#4028074    
    In response to kaleidoscope

I feel your pain!!!

I always have a hard time finding pants/jeans to fit. I seem to be an "in between" size! Not to mention, I have a hard time finding clothes for my "age"! I don't want to look like 20some year olds, nor do I want to buy "old lady" clothes.

And, seems most clothes I like are geared for the working lady, and I don't work. I want something more casual for at home, but I don't seem to find "my style".....

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

11-27-12 04:43 PM - Post#4028076    

Don't get me started on bras. I don't think anyone else has the same shape boobies as I have.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

11-27-12 04:57 PM - Post#4028078    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Rosey. Same here. Unless we have the same ones. The times I find bras that almost fit - I've got some space left at the top.

And then there's shoes...

Apparently, my best luck is with socks and underwear.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

11-27-12 05:09 PM - Post#4028084    

I know. Usually if a bra fits around the ribs, the cups have fresh air between me and them. And if I try to get anything under-wired, if the cups are small enough, the wires dig into my flesh. To get wires that don't leave marks, I'm back to the fresh air again.

Do you find that if jeans fit around the legs/hips, the waist gapes? I must have really muscular legs, because I don't think my waist is that small. Maybe 29"?

Virginia, I agree. I'm past the low-rise exposed-under-crackers age, but not at the high-waisted granny pants stage yet. I can't wait for the low-rise fashion to go out. Isn't it infuriating?

Actually I can't wait for the fashion to go back to wearing underwear underneath clothes again. It makes me feel grubby seeing guys knickers and girls thong-tops above their waist-bands.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

11-27-12 05:26 PM - Post#4028086    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Yeah, besides the 'fresh air' problem I've had some that will ride up when I lift my arms up. It slides up over the speed bumps.

Yes, for years the clothing sizes were too big in the store. They started to bring them down again but the waist gaps so badly it's ridiculous! They're cut too straight from hip to waist.

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

11-27-12 08:09 PM - Post#4028114    

I decided I hate clothes shopping this weekend as well. The stuff out there is so cheaply made and is EXPENSIVE!! I like LL Bean and Lands End but hate the prices, though I do shop there for a few pieces as a splurge each year.

I am also finding places like Kohl's where I used to find a lot of clothes, the merchandise just looks cheap. I am sorry but I don't want to wear sequins to work or play!!! Not many 20 somethings I work with would wear that either!!

And shoes-I pay A LOT because my feet are small and fat. I cannot find shoes in the stores that I could wear for a whole day. My toes go numb in a size medium width!!

Is this all because I am getting old?

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer
Reg: 09-13-02

11-27-12 08:15 PM - Post#4028120    

I have always had problems with jeans.....I am really long in the rise....so I either have to suffer PUC (pants up crack) or be hoicking then up every five minutes.

Went shopping with a friend last month and bought two pairs that were MEGA BUCKS. a USA brand called "Not your daughters jeans"......man they are the best fit I have ever had. I probably should have gone for a size smaller, the sales assistant did tell me to, but I have been told that by sales assistants before and felt like I am always being cut in half waiting for the darned things to stretch. I should have a look online cause I am sure I can pick them up cheaper than what I paid.....$330 per pair

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

11-27-12 09:13 PM - Post#4028136    
    In response to Kiwifarmer

I used to find stuff at Kohl's but not anymore!

scrappydappydoodler 
SJ Diva
scrappydappydoodler
Reg: 11-21-07

11-28-12 11:41 AM - Post#4028260    
    In response to rottiefan

I buy Rider jeans. They have stretch and sit on my hips. I hate low rise or granny pants. The only problem I have with them is the legs are huge. I guess that's the thing now. Doesn't matter if you are skinny or fat the legs are bigger for some reason. I'm thinking of buying mens jeans. They fit better. Bras are a horror story.

Kimberly M 
SJ Diva
Kimberly M
Reg: 07-22-08

11-28-12 12:00 PM - Post#4028264    
    In response to scrappydappydoodler

My Sister and I went shopping this past weekend and for poops and giggles I tried on a pair of skinny jeans. Omg it was baaaaaddd.... me and skinny do not belong in the same sentence. I came out to model them for my Sister and we were both laughing so hard we cried. She told me I looked like a sausage

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

11-28-12 01:34 PM - Post#4028286    
    In response to Kimberly M

I don't think it matters what size you are shopping for. Shopping for bras and jeans is a chore.

Try American Eagle or Buckle jeans. They have a variety of styles for different figures.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

11-28-12 02:22 PM - Post#4028322    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

• Nora Said:
And shoes-I pay A LOT because my feet are small and fat. I cannot find shoes in the stores that I could wear for a whole day. My toes go numb in a size medium width!!

What size are you? I'm about a 6 1/2 or 7 (you know, depends on the shoe, etc.) and need a wide but they can be harder to find and not all the wides are wide enough.

I won't pay over $30 for jeans. Actually, I never have yet. So that probably leaves out a lot of stores. But then again, it's still hard to find the right fit and style anyway. I don't like bootcut or flare. I don't like pants that sit on the hips. I want something that's on my waist (belly button) or just below. And I don't want a breeze when I squat or bend over.

I wouldn't be able to buy boys or mens jeans because they are cut too straight from hip to waist. That's the problem with ladies' now. Plus, I wouldn't be able to find a small waist with a long enough inseam.
My poor 6 ft son has to wear pants with a huge gapping waist because it's impossible to find a fit for him. He's very thin and long legged.

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper
Reg: 03-15-03

11-28-12 03:00 PM - Post#4028346    

I don't like wearing jeans skin tight, nor do I like them falling off of me. That's why I always feel I'm an in-between size. I have a skinny waist, so I usually have to sew tucks in the "waist". I like the style that come just below the waist, and I like that they are now made of spandex so they stretch!!!

As for bras, I never could find one that fit perfectly. If I find a style that I like, when I go back to buy more, they've discontinued them, back to square 1!

It's a vicious cycle!

And I definitely think as we age, our bodies change and it's harder to find clothes that fit perfectly.....

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope

11-28-12 03:13 PM - Post#4028350    
    In response to buttonscrapper

Mine has been just about a lifelong problem.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
July 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.277 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 07:42 PM