Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Mary        (Topic#323490)
carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum
Reg: 12-27-05

11-14-12 08:59 AM - Post#4025572    

I've missed you so much and love seeing you posting, please don't stop! Tell me how you are feeling and what's going on by you other than a compulsive need to decorate caused by my crazy antics LOL

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

11-14-12 09:23 AM - Post#4025624    
    In response to carpe scrapum

^^^^ What Vivi said!

rottiefan 
SJ Divalicious
rottiefan
Reg: 11-03-06

11-14-12 11:34 AM - Post#4025682    
    In response to RedSquirrel

*waves*

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Reg: 03-10-05

11-14-12 12:25 PM - Post#4025706    
    In response to rottiefan

How are you feeling Mary?

mlouwho 
SJ Divalicious
mlouwho
Reg: 05-18-06

11-14-12 02:20 PM - Post#4025742    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

Hi Girls, thank you so much for asking and for the call out. Health wise, I am feeling great. Had a 1 year followup nuclear stress test. I had to practically run on the treadmill to get my heart rate up to where it was working hard. The cardiologist administering the test (watching the heart monitors & such) kept asking why I was there Then they did the scans and said the stents are all right in place & working well with no new blockages. Usually you have to go back late that day or the next day so they can scan again, after your heart has returned to "rest". But my heart recovered very quickly and they told me it looked so good that I didn't have to go back for another scan. They did not find any damage to my heart at all and have lowered the dose on some of my meds & say I am good for another year.

As for the rest of my life, it is pretty good these days too. For the last 6 months I have been preparing to lead a DeColores weekend. I think I have talked about them here before. Basically it is a ecumenical retreat weekend, very structured, but as "rectoress"(person in charge) I had a lot of things that I wanted to add/include. I chose the whole "inside" team(of 31), outside team(of about 20)theme, which scripture to use, logo, lead all the preparation team meetings and spent a lot of time praying for the "candidates" (women who would be there for the first time). I made over 300 cards that were delivered over the weekend, and a ton of little things that were also passed out to each person there. I feel like I have been singlehandedly keeping Hobby Lobby in business, but it was so much fun to do and so spiritually rewarding. Then on the weekend, we move into the church for 4 days, I was the director, spent a lot of time with the girls and got about 3 hours sleep every night. It all ends with a talk that I had to give, including my life story and testimony. It was the most exhausting yet wonderful thing that I have ever done. I feel so blessed to have been chosen by the community to lead this weekend.

But, it has consumed my life for the last 6 months, every day off was working towards the weekend, and I am so happy that I got to do it. The weekend was Nov 1 - 4 and I am finally now just coming back down form the elation of it all. I have finally caught up on my sleep and still working on catching up on the house I neglected. DH was wonderful & patient & so helpful through it all, I never would have been able to do it without him. And now, I have free time again. Today is my day off & I didn't have much I "needed" to do. Met a friend for coffee, went to Gordon Foods, Aldi, $ store, WM, library, post office and bank. Was home by 1 so now I am doing laundry & baking cookies, which I have not done in years, but just felt like baking today. Since we don't really eat too many sweets here, I will probably take the cookies to the neighbors later. It is so nice to have free time again, maybe I can stop by here more often again now.

As for scrapping, most of the things I did for the weekend was scrap related, so you would think I would be burned out on scrapping, but I am really wanting to play with the pretty papers again. I have the idea for a couple of smash books and I really want to get started on them. But I will have to put my scrap room back together first, since it is spread all over the living room and dining room where I have been working on all those projects for the last few months.

mlouwho 
SJ Divalicious
mlouwho

11-14-12 02:20 PM - Post#4025744    
    In response to mlouwho

wow, I had a lot to say, I bet you are sorry you asked now

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

11-14-12 02:33 PM - Post#4025746    
    In response to mlouwho

Great news about your stress test. That's great!

The DeColores weekend sounds interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed doing it.

Are the smash books for you, or gifts? We have a smash book topic in the general section. I was/am intrigued by them too. I've decided to make 'kits' for the girls for Christmas. I bought notebooks, so I just need to add some paper to the pages. I also picked up some Smash glue pens, tabs, and labels. I'm going to make a few pockets, go through my stash, and put it all together in a container for them.

mlouwho 
SJ Divalicious
mlouwho

11-14-12 03:10 PM - Post#4025750    
    In response to 3 Little Ladies

I want to make the smash books for myself. The only people I know that would use a gift smash book are scrappers, and I guess I figure they would like to do their own, not fill one I would make. I find it really hard to make "empty" scrapbooks, too hard for me to imagine how they would use the book.

I want to make a smash book of my heart attack, (that sounds funny) to journal my feelings & such, the warning signs that I ignored. Will include cards that I received, and the wristband, etc.

Then I want to do one from each of the various DeColores weekends that I have worked on. There are so many cards & little mementos that I would like to keep to look at later, but not really actual scrapbook material. I plan to use blank chipboard for the covers & pages and those rings that open to hook them all together, that way I can move things around & such, til I am happy with it. I don't have pictures, just the cards & such so smash books just make more sense to me than scrapbooks. (besides, I have not actually scrapped pictures in ages, don't know if I recall how)

tjmo 
SJ Diva
tjmo
Reg: 12-20-06

11-14-12 03:14 PM - Post#4025752    
    In response to mlouwho

HI Mary!! I have to ask a dumb question - what is a smash book??

3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies

11-14-12 03:21 PM - Post#4025754    
    In response to tjmo

• tjmo Said:
HI Mary!! I have to ask a dumb question - what is a smash book??

Check out the thread in the general scrapbooking section. Someone posted a video explaining smash books. It's neat!

I like your ideas Mary. It sounds like the perfect way to document your feelings and experience.

mlouwho 
SJ Divalicious
mlouwho

11-14-12 03:22 PM - Post#4025756    
    In response to tjmo

A very casual scrapbook, some called it old fashioned scrapping, you use like a journal sized book usually, they are not acid free, sometimes just random stuff. Picture the "scrapbook" you kept in high school, with the bread bag twistie ring that your boyfriend gave you taped in it, opposite the page with the trespassing ticket you got the time you climbed the water tower and got caught.

Google smash books, there are some really neat how to videos

Canadian Linda 
SJ Diva
Canadian Linda
Reg: 01-09-05

11-14-12 03:25 PM - Post#4025762    
    In response to mlouwho

Nice to see you back Mary, don't be a stranger...

tjmo 
SJ Diva
tjmo
Reg: 12-20-06

11-14-12 03:39 PM - Post#4025774    
    In response to Canadian Linda

Sounds interesting! I think one documenting your heart attack would be cool. I like that you are going to write down all your ignored symptoms. Since it all has a happy ending it could be a great memory. Would it be hard to do, would it bring up bad times?

mlouwho 
SJ Divalicious
mlouwho

11-14-12 03:45 PM - Post#4025784    
    In response to tjmo

I don't think it will, now, since I am all better. But, while I was making pretty much that same trip alone back from Chicago almost exactly a year later, it was still very emotional for me, so I don't know.

I was given some really cool heart stamps & ribbons that I am pretty excited to use in the smash book tho

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

11-14-12 04:07 PM - Post#4025786    
    In response to mlouwho

So very awesome to hear how great things are with you Mary! The retreat sounds very inspiring and I'm glad you took so much from it. Are you doing it every year as a leader? I've missed you!

mlouwho 
SJ Divalicious
mlouwho

11-14-12 04:22 PM - Post#4025794    

nope, it is a once in a lifetime thing, I only ever get to do it one time as the leader. I can work other weekends, as a cook or coordinator or a person who gives a talk if someone asks me to join their team, but you only ever get to lead one weekend. That is why I was willing to put so much into it. I am so glad that I had the honor of doing it, it was a phenomenal weekend.

carpe scrapum 
SJ Divalicious
carpe scrapum

11-14-12 04:26 PM - Post#4025796    
    In response to mlouwho

How awesome! You gave it your all and came out of it feeling uplifted and accomplished. That's wonderful!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

11-14-12 04:35 PM - Post#4025800    

I've missed you too, and it's so good to see you back. I'm glad you've been away because of a good cause, not poorly. Knowing that you're doing so well warms my heart.

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam
Reg: 01-15-06

11-14-12 04:40 PM - Post#4025806    
    In response to RedSquirrel

It's good to see you back. You have been missed.

So glad to hear that you are doing so well and that your tests results were great.

What an enjoyable and uplifting experience you had with your retreat. I look forward to seeing your smash book pages.

WorkingMommy 
SJ Diva
WorkingMommy
Reg: 04-15-07

11-14-12 09:12 PM - Post#4025890    
    In response to Kazzam

Wow, you have been busy! Really glad your event went so well. Hopefully you have lots of pictures from it to scrapbook!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
September 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.218 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 01:08 AM