Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: How common is neighbour feuding?        (Topic#322412)
Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer
Reg: 09-13-02

09-28-12 01:18 PM - Post#4014990    

A friend of mine is having this ongoing drama with a neighbour over some very petty stuff...... Which will no doubt blow up into major over the coming months

Do you think some people thrive on the drama of neighbourly conflict? Seems it happens with her quite often. Even tho she's lived in the same house for twenty years the neighbours are always causing grief. Beginning to wonder if she just attracts nutter neighbours.

Don't think I have ever had a neighbour I have not been able to be civil with. Sure there are a few we have ignored.... But none that have caused me angst

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

09-28-12 01:36 PM - Post#4014998    
    In response to Kiwifarmer

We had neighbour problems at the old house.

We had some renovations done in the back garden and we kept them all in touch with every step of the way, asked them whether they minded all of it etc. One thing was whether they minded losing the scrappy trees on the boundary, which were actually our trees anyway. They said no problem, then after they had gone they complained about their privacy.

The guy at the end of the garden reported us to the Council when the wall at the end was 1" too high at one point. The road sloped upwards and the wall was stepped. At just one point it went above the 1m height limit. When he reported it instead of going to us first, the Council said the builder hadn't applied for planning permission, although he told us he had, and we had to take the whole structure down. Massive loss. We didn't exactly fall out with the neighbours over it, we just didn't talk to them at all after that. We just moved.

Our neighbours for the last 11 years have been delightful, all of them. We're very lucky. We make sure we communicate and reach compromises over any garden issues such as shared hedges. You have to communicate.

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer

09-28-12 02:04 PM - Post#4015000    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Fences etc are always a major area for potential conflict.

A few years back my elderly mum had a neighbour come over and tell her that the fence which had been up for like thirty years was six inches inside his property and the whole thing was coming down......he just bowled the whole thing that afternoon.

He was wanting to put a flash fence up, but it was not going to be done for six months. Mum went ahead and built her own fence on her side of the property cause she did not feel secure without the section fenced. We were angry with him. He had been a neighbour for ten years with no problems, but thought he could bully a little old lady.

He ended up whose off, cause the fence did not match the new extension he had built .....

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer

09-28-12 02:12 PM - Post#4015002    

This friend has got a neighbour who rings noise control every five minutes. Her son is a musician and plays the clarinet. He's very talented, does music at university, so it's not like he's a complete learner, what he plays is lovely. They put in a sound proof room, but she swears she can still hear him.

She complains when they mow their lawns ..... ?????? Weird!!!
She complains about everything. Her son has a four wheel drive vehicle, which apparently dropped "mud" onto the road outside her house.....

Last year she posted cat poop in the letterbox saying " just returning your cats business" in a lovely handwritten note.

She took photos when J was away, of the shenanigans that went on in the house. Her son had a BBQ and had five people round ..... Her problem was the cars parked on the street....apparently outside her house!!!!! Whatbifnsomeone wanted to visit HER

I think this woman is a nutter......unfortunately J is surrounded by them.

J and her kids....and dh too.....are lovely placid people.

At least her tales are funny to all her friends, although I imagine she's sick of it already.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

09-28-12 02:32 PM - Post#4015006    

• Quote:
Last year she posted cat poop in the letterbox saying " just returning your cats business" in a lovely handwritten note.

I don't know about there, but here that would be a federal offense and I would have reported her!

DeblynA 
SJ Eloquent One
DeblynA
Reg: 08-18-02

09-28-12 03:50 PM - Post#4015012    
    In response to kaleidoscope

Yep, have lived across the street from a pyscho neighbor. So glad he & his family have moved, finally. He was trouble from the day he moved in, until the day he moved out.
We used to have block parties, holiday cookie exchanges and bunco/bingo nites. Then this family moved in and they were loud, rude, and attitude to boot! Oh, the horror stories that could be told.
So glad they are gone! The new neighbors are joy to have, and best of all everyone is coming out and being neighborly.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
December 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 10:09 PM