Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: ScrapJazz Articles        (Topic#321536)
RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

08-25-12 02:34 AM - Post#4005044    

I was scanning through the new articles today and it struck me as peculiar that we have all these article writers and other than Gwyn, Nilsa, and occasionally Georgina they never post on the forums. Not one of them.

How strange to do a service for a community of people, and not have any contact with them. There is no mechanism for feedback. No comments section on the articles, no way of linking back to the LOs and cards in the Gallery here (only Nilsa includes links), no easy way of contacting the writer to ask for clarification or more information. No way of enlarging those tiny photos so we can actually see the details that they're talking about. No "like" button, no ratings stars.

Don't you think that's odd, in a world where feedback has become not merely trendy, but annoyingly obligatory?

It isn't even like a magazine where at least the article writers seem to know and refer to each other, in their own community.

I would take more interest in the articles if the writers were visible and contactable. I always read Gwyn's and Nilsa's and Georgina's articles first. Sometimes only. I get frustrated when I can't see the details in the pictures. I often want to ask a question. I want to be able to give credit where credit is due for a good article, a great idea, a LO which I want to lift.

Don't you agree? I might raise that with the management. Except I don't know who they are - they aren't exactly visible either, without some deep digging.

kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09

08-25-12 06:32 AM - Post#4005050    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Yes, very annoying when the pictures aren't big enough and you can't enlarge them.

I wonder if the writers all hang out over at the other site?

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom
Reg: 09-28-05

08-25-12 07:45 AM - Post#4005068    
    In response to kaleidoscope

Sorry you all feel that way. I've been writing some of the articles here for years under the name Rachel Myerson. Although I don't post here so much anymore, I still check in most days and have been a member here even longer than I've been writing the articles.

I think there are some valid points here about not being able to enlarge the images or provide feedback. I'll send the editor over to this thread.

Edited by boysmom on 08-25-12 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-25-12 08:02 AM - Post#4005080    
    In response to boysmom

I didn't know that! {waving} Thank you for coming in and telling us. I wonder whether any of the other writers are using pen names, and we actually DO know them after all?

I just figured that all these little points are fixable, and it would make the articles more accessible to people. I like the articles, and I appreciate the effort that goes into writing them. It seems a shame that they are so remote, somehow.

Thank you for getting in contact with "the editor". Who is that?

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

08-25-12 08:14 AM - Post#4005086    

The editor for years was Andrea, who I'm sure you remember, she founded the place. The new editor is named Karina, she is real nice and is working hard. I sent her a link to this thread, so I'm sure she will look at the suggestions. For some reason, some of the things on that front page are really hard to fix - like getting bullets to work. So, the feedback thing might not be as easy as you would think. Adding more links to the gallery would be easy. I can't speak for the other writers, but I will make more of an effort to do that.

I also have a special article coming up in October (we write them really far in advance) which features some special input from someone here that you know. I will link that one on the forums that day.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-25-12 08:33 AM - Post#4005088    
    In response to boysmom

Oh yes, websites are not easy! I realise that. There is still a whole bunch of bugs left over from the upgrade from over a year ago which have not been fixed. I started a thread in the Ask Us forum and I know Megan has reported them to the developers, but since then.... silence.

They've got feedback enabled on the scrapbook.com articles though. I think maybe they have them set up as blog entries there though. Perhaps that would work better here too?

I know of Andrea of course, but I haven't seen anything of her since I joined 4 years ago. I didn't know there was a new editor. I've just been looking through the Home page but I couldn't find any news or editorials to keep us up to date with this kind of information. And it doesn't make it into the forums. Is there something I'm missing? I'd love to know what's going on with the site, and the "management" LOL.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-25-12 08:35 AM - Post#4005090    

P.S. I look forward to the October article!

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper
Reg: 03-15-03

08-25-12 09:20 AM - Post#4005104    
    In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Sorry you all feel that way. I've been writing some of the articles here for years under the name Rachel Myerson. Although I don't post here so much anymore, I still check in most days and have been a member here even longer than I've been writing the articles.

I think there are some valid points here about not being able to enlarge the images or provide feedback. I'll send the editor over to this thread.

Oooh, I had no clue this was you!!

I think Rosey has some valid points. I try to read them regularly, if the article seems to be something I'm interested in.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

08-25-12 09:36 AM - Post#4005120    
    In response to buttonscrapper

Once upon a time, people here knew that was me, and we used to discuss the articles in the forums. I'm going to say that was 6 or 7 years ago. I'm glad you know now. There are some other writers here you now, like Nora and some of the old Blue Crew people. There are some new people that I don't really know either. The people who write the articles have scrapjazz contributor under their names.

Andrea left around the 10th anniversary. She sent a good-bye to all of us, but I guess she never posted it on the board. I think she started another company doing something entirely different.

BTW - I often have Mary (mjbee) create stuff to put in my articles. So even if you didn't know who I was, you would know that was her.

Edited by boysmom on 08-25-12 09:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

WorkingMommy 
SJ Diva
WorkingMommy
Reg: 04-15-07

08-25-12 09:41 AM - Post#4005124    
    In response to boysmom

Rosey, if you click on the author's name, they go to a bio. Most I believe have their user name listed there, so you can tell who they are on the board (if they participate in the boards).

You can then PM them with their user name, but if they don't participate on the boards they may not get the PM in a timely manner.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-25-12 01:41 PM - Post#4005182    
    In response to WorkingMommy

Jennifer I didn't realise that either although not all those links work.

Guys, guys, why don't you post in GS or somewhere that your articles are being published? I would go and look far more often if I knew that they were written by people I know, and I could discuss them with you. Don't be shy about your talents - you are good writers with fabby ideas!

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam
Reg: 01-15-06

08-25-12 07:17 PM - Post#4005254    

I always forget to check as I come straight to the forums. Maybe the editor could have a post in the GS forum about checking out the article/s.

I like the idea of the pics being able to be expanded. If not possible in the article maybe link the pic to the gallery so we can have a good look at the detail and design.

michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann
Reg: 01-09-06

08-25-12 07:28 PM - Post#4005260    
    In response to Kazzam

Mine still says contributor even though I haven't contributed in over a year.

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer
Reg: 09-13-02

08-25-12 08:23 PM - Post#4005282    
    In response to michann

I am a bit like Kazz and forget they exist. Every ow and then I do check them out.

I agree they need to be made more user friendly, and advertised on the forums when they're up dated.

There are other sites i go to for articles because they are easier to access and read. Also comments sections which are invaluable for feedback if you have a question.

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

Reg: 08-25-05

08-25-12 08:54 PM - Post#4005300    

Hi! I am the editor, as of a few months ago. I was the proofreader for years before that. I'm still learning the ropes as editor, so I don't know the answers to your questions. I do know that I certainly don't have the skills to make comments on articles possible! I don't know that I have the ability to make the pictures enlarge-able, either. I'll do some research to see what I can do, because honestly I've wanted to enlarge pictures myself!

Any other questions I can try to answer? I have five sons who keep me very busy, but I'll check in as often as I can.

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam

08-26-12 12:21 AM - Post#4005326    
    In response to kworlton

Thanks for coming her and letting us know that you are going to look into things. 5 sons will definitely keep you busy.

If the pics can't be enlarged in the article could they be uploaded to the gallery with a link in the article. That way if we want to look at a larger size we can.

Maybe the comments section could happen in the forum area in the thread advertising that a new article has been posted.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I love sj and get some much inspiration from the gallery but I do forget about the learning section.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-26-12 02:08 AM - Post#4005346    
    In response to Kazzam

Hi Karina! It's so good to see you. Thank you for stopping by and posting. I agree that with 5 kids, your time will be limited and precious.

If you are not able to make those changes to the articles themselves, maybe we can think of ways of working round them. How about if the writers post in GS when a new article has been published? And pop back and check whether anyone has any comments to make. If they upload their source pictures to the Gallery, then we can leave love there for them too, and add them to our Favourites, and vote for them.

Would that work, do you think?

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer

08-26-12 02:26 AM - Post#4005348    

That sounds a great idea rosey

Scrapjanny 
Scrapjazz Contributor
Scrapjanny
Reg: 09-06-07

08-26-12 09:26 AM - Post#4005360    
    In response to Kiwifarmer

Rosey, I've been writing for SJ for several years, and I've been an active member here since 2003. I had to re-register in 2007, because I had some sort of problem with my account. I frequently post in the forums. I have also mentioned articles that I've written and directed members to articles written by fellow contributors. And this is my first message board stop every day. I also participated in some of the National Scrapbook Day challenges. I don't know why you say that I "never" post here.

It would be great to get feedback on articles and have them more prominently featured on the first page of the message board.

Edited by Scrapjanny on 08-26-12 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Polly 
Blue Crew Member
Polly
Reg: 04-11-02

08-26-12 10:46 AM - Post#4005384    
    In response to Scrapjanny

Hi, Polly here.....saw the thread and thought I might chime in. I do write articles and have been doing so since becoming a member nearly ten years ago. I'm not as active in the forums like I used to but participate in the photography forum on occasion, in fact I know I've seen you on threads Red Squirrel in that forum. I suppose it's the ebb and flow of life - when I'm not super busy with work and kid activities I try to pop in to the gallery and forums and comment/participate. I do not own a mobile device which allows me to pop in throughout the day so I'm basically stuck with popping in when I'm at home, not doing chores or cooking a meal and am able to sit at my computer. I guess I feel kind of bad that I'm having to defend myself for writing articles. As far as the articles go, I spend a lot of prep time on them and then the time spent creating a project(s) supporting the article which I then write. I of course want the articles to be informative with useful tips and ideas. I guess I feel the focus should be on the articles, not the forum participation of the writer.

That being said I will agree that sometimes when I read the articles I too wish I could see the images larger. It would be nice to see comments and receive feedback as it can be helpful when working on future articles.

Scrapjanny 
Scrapjazz Contributor
Scrapjanny
Reg: 09-06-07

08-26-12 11:45 AM - Post#4005404    
    In response to Polly

• Polly Said:
Hi, Polly here.....saw the thread and thought I might chime in. I do write articles and have been doing so since becoming a member nearly ten years ago. I'm not as active in the forums like I used to but participate in the photography forum on occasion, in fact I know I've seen you on threads Red Squirrel in that forum. I suppose it's the ebb and flow of life - when I'm not super busy with work and kid activities I try to pop in to the gallery and forums and comment/participate. I do not own a mobile device which allows me to pop in throughout the day so I'm basically stuck with popping in when I'm at home, not doing chores or cooking a meal and am able to sit at my computer. I guess I feel kind of bad that I'm having to defend myself for writing articles. As far as the articles go, I spend a lot of prep time on them and then the time spent creating a project(s) supporting the article which I then write. I of course want the articles to be informative with useful tips and ideas. I guess I feel the focus should be on the articles, not the forum participation of the writer.

That being said I will agree that sometimes when I read the articles I too wish I could see the images larger. It would be nice to see comments and receive feedback as it can be helpful when working on future articles.

Very well said, Polly. I feel the same way.

buttonscrapper 
SJ Divalicious
buttonscrapper
Reg: 03-15-03

08-26-12 12:55 PM - Post#4005418    
    In response to Scrapjanny

Like I said in an earlier post, I read the ones that interest me.

My first stop here is the Home page, and then I scroll down to see who's LOs are featured, and then glance to see what the article of the day is. I've noticed that sometimes it's a different article everyday, and sometimes the same article stays there for a few days before it is changed.

I really do read them and have on occasion posted a comment in GS regarding one that I have really liked!!

I think it's just a matter of actually paying attention to it! But I also agree, when wanting to see a larger version of a LO, it is disappointing when all you get is what is in the article.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-26-12 01:48 PM - Post#4005424    
    In response to buttonscrapper

Forgive me, I hadn't connected many of the writers' names with the screen names - that was stupid of me not to have worked that out. The pen-names I would never have worked out without being told though!

• Scrapjanny Said:
I don't know why you say that I "never" post here.

Jeanette, I have always known you as Jan or Janny. Wrongly, but that's your screen name and the name in your signature. I just didn't know that your name is Jeanette.

Polly, I only looked through the latest articles and unless your pen name is Cindy deRosier who doesn't link to a profile, you weren't there so I didn't even think of you, I'm sorry!

I really didn't intend to attack anyone. I realise that of course people have their own lives, and writing articles is a time-consuming service in itself. If I had realised who half the writers are, you would not have seemed so remote.

But that's my point. I've been a regular here - about as regular as it is possible to be - for over 4 years. I've poked about all over this site in its old format and new. If I haven't worked that out, how are the less regular users going to know that the articles are even there, let alone that they are being written by "us"? Don't hide your lights under a bushel - advertise to us that your articles are up so that we can give you the credit you deserve! No way am I putting down the writers - I'm just trying to make suggestions to improve the site's service by making you and the articles more accessible. Please don't take my comments personally because they are not intended that way.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

08-26-12 02:58 PM - Post#4005440    

You know Rosey, when I first started writing these articles I was so excited that I posted in the forums when they published. That was probably before you were here. But I stopped doing it because I didn't want people to think I was tooting my horn too much or bragging. I would be happy to chat about my articles, so I'll post next time I have one that I like come around.

Thanks for letting us know that you read them.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-26-12 03:55 PM - Post#4005448    
    In response to boysmom

People do read them. But we also forget that they are there sometimes - especially since the upgrade. They just aren't as obvious any more. This has been discussed before on the boards.

Tooting your own horn is doing us a service. Please toot!

J-M 
SJ Aficionada
J-M
Reg: 02-20-11

08-26-12 05:59 PM - Post#4005456    

I write articles for Scrapjazz as well, Jennifer Vardy Little, and posted here quite frequently for quite a while, but found it difficult to chatter away in the general section - where most seem to post - when you all seemed to know each other so well. It can be intimidating to try to dive into. I still try to complete the monthly challenges and draw inspiration from the COW. If you're interested in any of my projects, I do try to post them in the gallery

Kiwifarmer 
SJ Eloquent One
Kiwifarmer

08-26-12 06:42 PM - Post#4005464    
    In response to Polly

Polly......good to see you on here....I used to love looking at your blue crew layouts each month, and read your articles.I am glad you are still around giving us inspiration!

I dont think that Rosey was intending that anyone have to defend themselves for writing articles, she just raised a point that the articles dont get the attention they deserve. And that it would be great to be able to discuss points about an article with the writer. I certainly did not know that some of you wrote articles....at least I never put two and two togther until now.
Perhaps you could pop your scrapjazz name in brackets beside your articles, so we can put a name to the face....so to speak.

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam

08-26-12 07:18 PM - Post#4005470    
    In response to Kiwifarmer

Please don't take our comments as an attack. We just want to make the site better and to give feedback to your articles. We are all aware that these articles take time to write and you all have busy lives.

Maybe once a week in the GS forum a post could be made with links to the articles released that week. That way the members can check them out and leave feedback. Please don't ever think that you are "tooting your horn" or that we are attacking you. You all need to be congratulated for putting up great articles.

Polly 
Blue Crew Member
Polly
Reg: 04-11-02

08-26-12 09:09 PM - Post#4005500    
    In response to Kazzam

It's all good Rosey - this has been a great opportunity for all of us to come out and give some feedback on the issue of articles. Hopefully some positive changes can come from the suggestions - larger images and a designated forum section with direct links to the articles and such.

I will say that you did inspire me to update my gallery which I had not done in months and post some photos in the photography forum - thanks for the nudge.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-27-12 02:18 AM - Post#4005526    
    In response to Polly

Ooh a designated Articles forum - THAT'S a good idea. We're buzzing with good ideas around here!

Thank you Polly. I feel better now. I'll admit to having a bad night worrying that I'd upset people. Off to check out your Gallery....

Nora 
Blue Crew Member
Nora
Reg: 01-22-03

08-28-12 03:25 PM - Post#4005880    

I have a few coming up in November? and I don't mind posting when the come out but I don't ever know the specific date. I have in the past put my LO's or cards in the gallery but probably not in a timely manner.

Nice to hear feedback on the articles!! I think a forum would be good!

GwynnAsbury 
SJ Eloquent One
GwynnAsbury
Reg: 01-05-06

08-29-12 10:14 AM - Post#4006134    
    In response to Polly

I like the idea of a forum. And like someone mentioned, others used to post threads either here or in the general forum for discussion of the article, but that has changed.... I think it would be a nice change of pace to be able to have a place here to conversate about the crafty going on in our lives, or that we are reading about.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

08-29-12 10:53 AM - Post#4006164    
    In response to GwynnAsbury

All great ideas. We write the articles about 2 months in advance and we don't know the exact publish day until they show up. There is supposed to be a new article each weekday, but they are not automated. Someone manually puts them up which is why they don't show up at exactly the same time each day.

I also learned from this thread that I don't have a bio. HOpefully I can get that fixed soon as well.

Denise Gormish 
Scrapjazz Contributor
Denise Gormish
Reg: 07-08-02

08-29-12 04:54 PM - Post#4006250    
    In response to Polly

There are some great ideas here! I would love the opportunity to chat with people about the articles I write. If a thread for each article is the best path we have, then let's do it. I would also be happy to upload to the gallery any of the layouts I have in my articles and include a link.

I have been a contributor for 8 years and I love writing Scrapjazz articles. Scrapooking has been a passion of mine since 1995. I was very actively involved at Scrapjazz for many years. I admit I am not as involved lately. In the last two years I have switched to digital scrapbooking. I do pop into the digital area in the forum. I plan to do some paper scrapping in the fall.

Edited by Denise Gormish on 08-29-12 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-29-12 05:32 PM - Post#4006274    
    In response to Denise Gormish

Hi Denise - great to see you on here! I've been reading your articles for years too, and wondering who you were. It would be great to see you around here more. Come into the Lounge and wave us a hello sometime?

ScrappyHappy 
Scrapjazz Contributor
ScrappyHappy
Reg: 11-18-04

08-31-12 10:23 AM - Post#4006788    

Greetings to all of you, I have been writing for Scrapjazz for several years now and am also intrigued by these posts. I agree with other writers when they say they don't have time to spend commenting on forums, because I don't either. I work full time outside of the home now and with 2 children and lots of church activities I do well to complete my articles/projects by the deadlines. I am just happy to hear that several people are actually reading them.

I often post on my blog www.patriciasperspectives.blogspot.com when I have new articles up on the site, but like they mentioned we never know what day they will be posted only what month. So that makes it hard to promote.

I have often wished the photos could be enlarged and that we could get some kind of feedback from our articles. Thank you for checking on these things Karina!

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-31-12 02:26 PM - Post#4006878    
    In response to ScrappyHappy

Hi ScrapHappy!

If you could post your pictures to the Gallery, and then link to them in your article, we will be able to:
a) see the pictures bigger
b) leave feedback and ask questions

That would go a long way towards the chief things on the wish-list. The other bit about not knowing the writers seems to be gradually being sorted out by this thread - it's so good to see you all on here!

ScrappyHappy 
Scrapjazz Contributor
ScrappyHappy
Reg: 11-18-04

08-31-12 05:32 PM - Post#4006936    

I will definitely update my gallery with all my latest article photos. I guess I never knew it was ok to upload them before the article came out. I will double-check with Karina and as long as they are ok with it I will do that from now on.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

08-31-12 06:35 PM - Post#4006974    
    In response to ScrappyHappy

I don't see why it shouldn't be OK to link them beforehand. Some of the LOs featured have been in the Gallery for a long time. You could even mention in the description for people to look out for more detail in the upcoming article so we can see how you did it.

But yes of course it's best to check with Karina first. Thank you!

J-M 
SJ Aficionada
J-M
Reg: 02-20-11

08-31-12 06:50 PM - Post#4006976    

I had asked Andrea last January whether it was okay to post prior to the articles appearing and had gotten the all clear then

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

08-31-12 09:54 PM - Post#4007034    
    In response to J-M

I don't see any problems with posting the layouts in advance. It's not like it will ruin the suspense of the upcoming article! Just give us some time to get used to this idea, and know that the next two months' worth of articles are already submitted and won't necessarily have the layouts hyperlinked.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas. We'll see what we can do!

Miss Giebel 
SJ Jazzie
Miss Giebel
Reg: 12-21-11

09-01-12 09:31 PM - Post#4007404    
    In response to kworlton

Hi Everyone,
I just read through this thread and I wanted to post to say hello. I've been writing here for a few years but I've been a member of SJ since May of 2003. I pop in over here a few times a week just to read the message boards and I comment whenever I have something to add. I'm not a huge poster but I do love to join in the conversations!

I got locked out of my profile when I got a new computer last year but here's my old profile...
Heidi Anne's profile

Edited by Miss Giebel on 09-01-12 09:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312 
SJ Devotee
cindy312
Reg: 04-28-10

09-04-12 05:42 PM - Post#4008110    

• RedSquirrel Said:
Polly, I only looked through the latest articles and unless your pen name is Cindy deRosier who doesn't link to a profile, you weren't there so I didn't even think of you, I'm sorry!

Hello! I'm Cindy deRosier. I've been writing articles here at Scrapjazz since January, when I was recruited from the "other" site. I'm not as active there as I once was, but I do check in there most days.

I'm sorry that my articles don't link to my profile. I asked Andrea, then Karina, to fix the problem back in January and it's now 9 months later and it still doesn't work. I wish I were able to do something about it! In the meantime, I will try to be more active here so that I'm not just a nameless/profile-less writer.

Cindy

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-05-12 12:36 AM - Post#4008204    
    In response to cindy312

Hi Cindy! Good to see you around here!

If the profile doesn't link correctly, are you able to add your username to your article, next to your name? Then we can see who you are on SJ?

And can you link your pictures in the articles to the picture in your Gallery here? I just had a look at your camping piece, and I can't see any details on those pictures at all, and they aren't clickable. It seems a shame, when you've gone to all that effort to point out a particular technique if we can't actually see it, and those LOs are beautiful.

Hope to see you around here more!

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

09-05-12 07:56 AM - Post#4008280    

I have the same problem with my name not linking to my profile.

Instead, I have started putting a link to my gallery at the bottom of the article, and gallery links to layouts in the article, whenever possible. I really appreciate that you are taking such an interest in the articles. I just want to let you know that we write the articles months in advance, so these changes won't show up until November, I think.

cindy312 
SJ Devotee
cindy312

09-05-12 11:04 AM - Post#4008432    

• RedSquirrel Said:
If the profile doesn't link correctly, are you able to add your username to your article, next to your name? Then we can see who you are on SJ?

Sure! Though I hope the link will be fixed. Karina said she's sent an email to the correct person.

cindy312 
SJ Devotee
cindy312

09-05-12 11:25 AM - Post#4008436    

• RedSquirrel Said:

I just had a look at your camping piece, and I can't see any details on those pictures at all, and they aren't clickable. It seems a shame, when you've gone to all that effort to point out a particular technique if we can't actually see it, and those LOs are beautiful.

I just added all my camping layouts to the gallery here. For future articles, I will try to make them clickable to my gallery. (We write several months ahead, so there won't be any changes from my end until at least December.)

Cindy

cjjohnson 
SJ Grand Poobah
cjjohnson
Reg: 10-28-08

09-05-12 11:44 AM - Post#4008446    
    In response to cindy312

Three cheers for Red Squirrel

I can say without understanding why I haven't been interested in the articles here for a long time. With this thread I think I understand why and I am much more interested than I used to be.

Thanks to all the writers who have dropped in and shown interest in making it all work better. It's also nice to know who everyone is:)

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-05-12 01:15 PM - Post#4008488    
    In response to cjjohnson

LOL CJ you make me laugh! And it IS good to see everyone, isn't it?

Hello Heidi! Sorry I didn't mean to miss you out, I got sidetracked. Did you try getting your old profile back again? You can report a fault HERE and get it reset so you can get back into it again.

Christinescraps 
Scrapjazz Contributor
Christinescraps
Reg: 10-04-09

09-05-12 09:06 PM - Post#4008604    
    In response to cjjohnson

Hello all. I also wanted to chime in and let everyone know who I am. My forum name is christinescraps and I write under Christine Ousley. I've been writing articles for ScrapJazz for a couple of years. I will admit that I haven't been active on the board. Not that I didn't want to, I just don't have a lot of extra time to chat online. Please PM anytime you need something or have a question about an article I have written.
xoxo, Christine

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-06-12 02:01 AM - Post#4008622    
    In response to Christinescraps

Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

09-06-12 07:50 AM - Post#4008662    

Please see this new thread for a realted topic:
www.scrapjazz.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/8/tid/3...

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

09-06-12 04:46 PM - Post#4008844    
    In response to boysmom

Thank you all for your input! This thread has turned out to be well timed. I have spent the past 3-4 months learning the ropes bit by bit, and finally know how to do the technical aspect of my job(formatting, uploading, etc.).

However, scheduling the articles has perhaps been the most difficult aspect of this job. I was given several semi-conflicting guidelines, and struggled my way through that. Thanks to this thread, I think we (the writers and I) have a better understanding of what you (the readers) want.

Do comment on the thread linked above; we are asking for your input on article ideas. We may not be able to cover every suggestion, but we will do our best.

Karina

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-07-12 02:04 AM - Post#4008960    
    In response to kworlton

Thank you Karina. May we ask for your feedback too? What you think is a good idea or what you won't be able to do?

I like how the Home page has been revamped.

But shall I tell you what I would love? On the Home page, a monthly "editorial" letter from you? Like a magazine editorial: something telling us a little of what we might expect in the articles this month, what the current trends are, hints of new products to look out for in the store. Link your remarks to the seasons, the holidays, current events. Maybe one month a brief interview with you, with a photo so we know what you look like. And other months interviews with the new management; the developers, "Andrea#2"! Maybe you could feature each writer one by one.

I realise this is a big change from how it is now, but it would bring the management of this site closer to the customers.

Oh and is there some way of changing the Home page to stop showing "Travel Scrapbooking" on the tab? That gives the wrong impression - it's so much more than that.

I know, I know, I don't ask for much do I? It's all food for thought though.

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

09-07-12 03:28 PM - Post#4009278    

You do ask for a lot! LOL! I have no say over the home page; I only deal with the content in the learning section. I'll let my boss know, though.

As to a monthly editorial letter, I'd need a raise! So maybe I'll mention that to my boss too...

Andrea did a layout about me and it's posted here in the gallery: http://www.scrapjazz.com/myjazz/index.php?mod=gall...

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-07-12 04:37 PM - Post#4009292    
    In response to kworlton

LOL yeah sorry, that was a bit cheeky! Still, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Love that LO! Straight into my faves.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

09-08-12 02:32 PM - Post#4009538    

Great to see what you look like Karina. You've been copy editor here a long time.

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

09-24-12 12:39 PM - Post#4014194    

• RedSquirrel Said:
But shall I tell you what I would love? On the Home page, a monthly "editorial" letter from you? Like a magazine editorial: something telling us a little of what we might expect in the articles this month, what the current trends are, hints of new products to look out for in the store.

We now have an articles forum to discuss these articles! I am working on an 'editorial letter' for October. Think the forum is a reasonable place to put it? Or do you think it's better on the home page?

• RedSquirrel Said:
Oh and is there some way of changing the Home page to stop showing "Travel Scrapbooking" on the tab? That gives the wrong impression - it's so much more than that.

I asked this question. Turns out it's a marketing thing, so people who are searching for travel scrapbooking supplies will find Scrapjazz. So it doesn't make much sense for regulars, but it helps increase clicks for Scrapjazz.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-27-12 03:24 AM - Post#4014604    
    In response to kworlton

Re: the travel thing, fair enough, if that's what they want. I had a bit of an adrenaline moment the first time I clicked on the Home page after the upgrade - I thought something drastic had happened and I wouldn't find what I was used to any more! But all was well.

Thank you for the new forum! That's excellent! I hope people use it now that it's on there. I hope the writers can add prompts when their articles are published, so that the folk who don't go there regularly can check them out. Thank you - it's so nice to know that there is someone "out there" who is listening to us!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
November 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.251 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 10:34 PM