Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: ScrapJazz Articles        (Topic#321536)
kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

Reg: 08-25-05

08-31-12 09:54 PM - Post#4007034    
    In response to J-M

I don't see any problems with posting the layouts in advance. It's not like it will ruin the suspense of the upcoming article! Just give us some time to get used to this idea, and know that the next two months' worth of articles are already submitted and won't necessarily have the layouts hyperlinked.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas. We'll see what we can do!

Miss Giebel 
SJ Jazzie
Miss Giebel
Reg: 12-21-11

09-01-12 09:31 PM - Post#4007404    
    In response to kworlton

Hi Everyone,
I just read through this thread and I wanted to post to say hello. I've been writing here for a few years but I've been a member of SJ since May of 2003. I pop in over here a few times a week just to read the message boards and I comment whenever I have something to add. I'm not a huge poster but I do love to join in the conversations!

I got locked out of my profile when I got a new computer last year but here's my old profile...
Heidi Anne's profile

Edited by Miss Giebel on 09-01-12 09:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312 
SJ Devotee
cindy312
Reg: 04-28-10

09-04-12 05:42 PM - Post#4008110    
    In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
Polly, I only looked through the latest articles and unless your pen name is Cindy deRosier who doesn't link to a profile, you weren't there so I didn't even think of you, I'm sorry!

Hello! I'm Cindy deRosier. I've been writing articles here at Scrapjazz since January, when I was recruited from the "other" site. I'm not as active there as I once was, but I do check in there most days.

I'm sorry that my articles don't link to my profile. I asked Andrea, then Karina, to fix the problem back in January and it's now 9 months later and it still doesn't work. I wish I were able to do something about it! In the meantime, I will try to be more active here so that I'm not just a nameless/profile-less writer.

Cindy

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

09-05-12 12:36 AM - Post#4008204    
    In response to cindy312

Hi Cindy! Good to see you around here!

If the profile doesn't link correctly, are you able to add your username to your article, next to your name? Then we can see who you are on SJ?

And can you link your pictures in the articles to the picture in your Gallery here? I just had a look at your camping piece, and I can't see any details on those pictures at all, and they aren't clickable. It seems a shame, when you've gone to all that effort to point out a particular technique if we can't actually see it, and those LOs are beautiful.

Hope to see you around here more!

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom
Reg: 09-28-05

09-05-12 07:56 AM - Post#4008280    

I have the same problem with my name not linking to my profile.

Instead, I have started putting a link to my gallery at the bottom of the article, and gallery links to layouts in the article, whenever possible. I really appreciate that you are taking such an interest in the articles. I just want to let you know that we write the articles months in advance, so these changes won't show up until November, I think.

cindy312 
SJ Devotee
cindy312

09-05-12 11:04 AM - Post#4008432    

• RedSquirrel Said:
If the profile doesn't link correctly, are you able to add your username to your article, next to your name? Then we can see who you are on SJ?

Sure! Though I hope the link will be fixed. Karina said she's sent an email to the correct person.

cindy312 
SJ Devotee
cindy312

09-05-12 11:25 AM - Post#4008436    

• RedSquirrel Said:

I just had a look at your camping piece, and I can't see any details on those pictures at all, and they aren't clickable. It seems a shame, when you've gone to all that effort to point out a particular technique if we can't actually see it, and those LOs are beautiful.

I just added all my camping layouts to the gallery here. For future articles, I will try to make them clickable to my gallery. (We write several months ahead, so there won't be any changes from my end until at least December.)

Cindy

cjjohnson 
SJ Grand Poobah
cjjohnson
Reg: 10-28-08

09-05-12 11:44 AM - Post#4008446    
    In response to cindy312

Three cheers for Red Squirrel

I can say without understanding why I haven't been interested in the articles here for a long time. With this thread I think I understand why and I am much more interested than I used to be.

Thanks to all the writers who have dropped in and shown interest in making it all work better. It's also nice to know who everyone is:)

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-05-12 01:15 PM - Post#4008488    
    In response to cjjohnson

LOL CJ you make me laugh! And it IS good to see everyone, isn't it?

Hello Heidi! Sorry I didn't mean to miss you out, I got sidetracked. Did you try getting your old profile back again? You can report a fault HERE and get it reset so you can get back into it again.

Christinescraps 
Scrapjazz Contributor
Christinescraps
Reg: 10-04-09

09-05-12 09:06 PM - Post#4008604    
    In response to cjjohnson

Hello all. I also wanted to chime in and let everyone know who I am. My forum name is christinescraps and I write under Christine Ousley. I've been writing articles for ScrapJazz for a couple of years. I will admit that I haven't been active on the board. Not that I didn't want to, I just don't have a lot of extra time to chat online. Please PM anytime you need something or have a question about an article I have written.
xoxo, Christine

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-06-12 02:01 AM - Post#4008622    
    In response to Christinescraps

Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

09-06-12 07:50 AM - Post#4008662    

Please see this new thread for a realted topic:
www.scrapjazz.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/8/tid/3...

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

09-06-12 04:46 PM - Post#4008844    
    In response to boysmom

Thank you all for your input! This thread has turned out to be well timed. I have spent the past 3-4 months learning the ropes bit by bit, and finally know how to do the technical aspect of my job(formatting, uploading, etc.).

However, scheduling the articles has perhaps been the most difficult aspect of this job. I was given several semi-conflicting guidelines, and struggled my way through that. Thanks to this thread, I think we (the writers and I) have a better understanding of what you (the readers) want.

Do comment on the thread linked above; we are asking for your input on article ideas. We may not be able to cover every suggestion, but we will do our best.

Karina

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-07-12 02:04 AM - Post#4008960    
    In response to kworlton

Thank you Karina. May we ask for your feedback too? What you think is a good idea or what you won't be able to do?

I like how the Home page has been revamped.

But shall I tell you what I would love? On the Home page, a monthly "editorial" letter from you? Like a magazine editorial: something telling us a little of what we might expect in the articles this month, what the current trends are, hints of new products to look out for in the store. Link your remarks to the seasons, the holidays, current events. Maybe one month a brief interview with you, with a photo so we know what you look like. And other months interviews with the new management; the developers, "Andrea#2"! Maybe you could feature each writer one by one.

I realise this is a big change from how it is now, but it would bring the management of this site closer to the customers.

Oh and is there some way of changing the Home page to stop showing "Travel Scrapbooking" on the tab? That gives the wrong impression - it's so much more than that.

I know, I know, I don't ask for much do I? It's all food for thought though.

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

09-07-12 03:28 PM - Post#4009278    

You do ask for a lot! LOL! I have no say over the home page; I only deal with the content in the learning section. I'll let my boss know, though.

As to a monthly editorial letter, I'd need a raise! So maybe I'll mention that to my boss too...

Andrea did a layout about me and it's posted here in the gallery: http://www.scrapjazz.com/myjazz/index.php?mod=gall...

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-07-12 04:37 PM - Post#4009292    
    In response to kworlton

LOL yeah sorry, that was a bit cheeky! Still, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Love that LO! Straight into my faves.

boysmom 
Scrapjazz Contributor
boysmom

09-08-12 02:32 PM - Post#4009538    

Great to see what you look like Karina. You've been copy editor here a long time.

kworlton 
Scrapjazz Contributor

09-24-12 12:39 PM - Post#4014194    

• RedSquirrel Said:
But shall I tell you what I would love? On the Home page, a monthly "editorial" letter from you? Like a magazine editorial: something telling us a little of what we might expect in the articles this month, what the current trends are, hints of new products to look out for in the store.

We now have an articles forum to discuss these articles! I am working on an 'editorial letter' for October. Think the forum is a reasonable place to put it? Or do you think it's better on the home page?

• RedSquirrel Said:
Oh and is there some way of changing the Home page to stop showing "Travel Scrapbooking" on the tab? That gives the wrong impression - it's so much more than that.

I asked this question. Turns out it's a marketing thing, so people who are searching for travel scrapbooking supplies will find Scrapjazz. So it doesn't make much sense for regulars, but it helps increase clicks for Scrapjazz.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel

09-27-12 03:24 AM - Post#4014604    
    In response to kworlton

Re: the travel thing, fair enough, if that's what they want. I had a bit of an adrenaline moment the first time I clicked on the Home page after the upgrade - I thought something drastic had happened and I wouldn't find what I was used to any more! But all was well.

Thank you for the new forum! That's excellent! I hope people use it now that it's on there. I hope the writers can add prompts when their articles are published, so that the folk who don't go there regularly can check them out. Thank you - it's so nice to know that there is someone "out there" who is listening to us!

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
July 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.298 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 03:14 AM