Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
 Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: ANNOUNCEMENT...it's getting close!!!        (Topic#131958)
Judge Amy 
SJ Diva
Judge Amy
Reg: 01-27-05

08-03-07 01:51 PM - Post#1492477    
    In response to Megan - FT

good! It is frustrating on some sites where they are huge and you go back and forth. This has been good cause it fits. :clap: I like autosize.

backyardscrappi 
SJ Diva
backyardscrappi
Reg: 03-26-06

08-03-07 07:37 PM - Post#1492478    
    In response to Judge Amy

Sounds great! Change is good!

doofis 
SJ Angel
doofis
Reg: 08-11-04

08-03-07 08:19 PM - Post#1492479    
    In response to RhondaM

• RhondaP Said:
OMG.....I can't handle change... :drahmah: :drahmah: I am sooooo shy and afraid of change... :chicken: Ok..I am so old I am not sure I can learn a new way :nyah: :nyah:
Rhonda I'm with you I'm afraid of change.

sasha728 
SJ Diva
sasha728
Reg: 12-30-06

08-03-07 09:45 PM - Post#1492480    
    In response to doofis

Thanks for the advance notice on the upcoming changes, Megan. Change can be disconcerting because of the "fear of the unknown" but maybe we can all try to take as our motto: adjust is a must. Thanks for what you do for us. Hope things go smoothly behind the scenes & in front of the screens. Yes, I know that was a bad joke (I can hear my kids groaning now) but it's late and I should be in bed. :shrug: PS I agree about the smilies. SJ smilies are fantastic. Do we get to keep them all?

firehairedwapa 
SJ Diva
firehairedwapa
Reg: 09-08-06

08-03-07 10:38 PM - Post#1492481    
    In response to sasha728

Very excited at the idea of the changes. Can't wait to see what they look like!!

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT
Reg: 06-06-06

08-04-07 12:44 AM - Post#1492482    
    In response to firehairedwapa

Yes, you'll get to keep the smilies. Might take me a day or so to get 'em reloaded, if they're not done right when the switch happens.

sasha728 
SJ Diva
sasha728
Reg: 12-30-06

08-04-07 08:14 AM - Post#1492483    

:clap: :clap: :clap: I :heart: :heart: smilies!!

Anonymous 

08-12-07 05:14 AM - Post#1492484    
    In response to sasha728

I'm happy to see that there are some changes in the works...coming soon to a computer near you....because I was sitting here all upset wandering through the forums and realizing there are no more contests. We've been encouraged to go to scrapbook.com. :shock: I'm all about change. I'm ok with change. I was ok with the last changes you made. But some of that didn't pan out so well, imo (the monthly contests/monthly artist/no more blue crew monthly page uploads). The old contests were good, but I thought, "what the heck! We'll see how the new contests work out." I even made suggestions via PM about how we might "calm the masses" when so many of these changes didn't go over so well. That was many, many moons ago oh wise one. Now the contests are gone because of so little participation. I personally didn't participate because it's too hard to enter a contest that I have to go BUY something special for. That's why the theme/technique ones were so good. I could just use whatever I had in my stash. Seems like the old contests garnered more participation, so why not bring those back? Or some version of them? :shrug: So many of my favorite sources of inspiration have slowly departed from SJ. I have found them again by stalking their blogs and such, but it is disheartening that old-timers have left here....with their talents in tow. There are many more talents that remain here but it scares me that they, too, will eventually tire of the ever-so-subtle demise of this place we love :drahmah: I know keeping a website up and running and everyone happy is a thankless job (I used to do it at my current place of employment). SJ could have just gone away. You could have made us pay. But you didn't....and you gave us more smilies. So thanks to what you guys do for us. And thanks for forgiving us when we get nervous. Okay. I'm done. Was that enough drama for you? Could be because I'm PMS'ing....or because it is 4:09 a.m. and I've been working all night....or because I'm getting bored with hanging out in the lounge :shock: ....or all of those reasons. :confused: :drahmah:

Anonymous 

08-12-07 05:21 AM - Post#1492485    
    In response to cheripryor

Okay...just one more thing.... :rolleyes: Please tell me the change includes something technical and wonderful that will actually change the lotd EVERYDAY and not stick for days on end. :whack: Okay, now I'm really done. :foot:

MonaK2 
SJ Divalicious
MonaK2
Reg: 02-15-06

08-12-07 05:25 AM - Post#1492486    

• cheripryor Said:
Okay...just one more thing.... :rolleyes: Please tell me the change includes something technical and wonderful that will actually change the lotd EVERYDAY and not stick for days on end. :whack: Okay, now I'm really done. :foot:
And while I love Jael's work, the pic in lotd right now reminds me of the coach in Waterboy who liked to touch himself! :rofl:

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT

08-12-07 04:40 PM - Post#1492487    
    In response to MonaK2

As I stated before, LOTD will be Featured Layouts, and change by votes from YOU guys. Automagically by the system. Participation in the contests, even before we changed them, was dismal, to be perfectly honest. A complaint was received about someone winning more than once....well, gee. When that person is the only one that ENTERS.... They're gonna be the winner. Once the technical bits are done, there will be other contest opportunities and such here. I can't get really specific, I don't have specifics. But, when I do, they'll be here. Websites, especially forums, are moving venues..if they don't move, change, evolve, they die. I've been on a few that croaked...no, they didn't croak 'cause I was there. Me, I'd rather move forward than sit around worrying 'cause change happens. Change is inevitable...'cept in vending machines. :lol:

Anonymous 

08-12-07 11:54 PM - Post#1492488    

Yes...I understand. And I'll say it again: "thanks for forgiving us when we get nervous." :nopity: :rofl: (It was the PMS and late night talking earlier, I swear)
  • Megan - FT Said:
As I stated before, LOTD will be Featured Layouts, and change by votes from YOU guys. Automagically by the system. Participation in the contests, even before we changed them, was dismal, to be perfectly honest. A complaint was received about someone winning more than once....well, gee. When that person is the only one that ENTERS.... They're gonna be the winner. Once the technical bits are done, there will be other contest opportunities and such here. I can't get really specific, I don't have specifics. But, when I do, they'll be here. Websites, especially forums, are moving venues..if they don't move, change, evolve, they die. I've been on a few that croaked...no, they didn't croak 'cause I was there. Me, I'd rather move forward than sit around worrying 'cause change happens. Change is inevitable...'cept in vending machines. :lol:

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT

08-13-07 03:43 AM - Post#1492489    

• cheripryor Said:
Yes...I understand. And I'll say it again: "thanks for forgiving us when we get nervous." :nopity: :rofl: (It was the PMS and late night talking earlier, I swear)
Usually, it makes me laugh....depends on how much of an insomniac I am that day.

Anonymous 

08-13-07 05:47 AM - Post#1492490    

• Megan - FT Said:
Usually, it makes me laugh....depends on how much of an insomniac I am that day.
For me it is late night + tired = giddy-stupid-silly Cheri BUT Add PMS and it = stupid-silly-overemotiona l Cheri :rolleyes: Thanks for humoring me :nopity: :rofl:

ChrissyW 
SJ Eloquent One
ChrissyW
Reg: 12-12-04

08-14-07 12:10 PM - Post#1492491    

looking forward to seeing what that LOTD changes will be like - that sounds neat!

Oscar T. Grouch 
SJ Queen of the Crop
Oscar T. Grouch
Reg: 02-16-05

08-28-07 03:01 PM - Post#1492492    
    In response to ChrissyW

love the don't panic button. when the site is down, can you get a page that says, we will be returning shortly, versus the internet site does not exist page ????? and this is SOON :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Megan - FT 
DaJanitor
Megan - FT

08-28-07 03:18 PM - Post#1492493    
    In response to Oscar T. Grouch

Yep, I believe there will be a page like that....

grewenig 
SJ Eloquent One
grewenig
Reg: 05-19-06

08-29-07 07:54 AM - Post#1492494    

Ok, I was fine with the change until I read what everyone here posted, now I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. I'm sure it's going to be great though.

Judge Amy 
SJ Diva
Judge Amy
Reg: 01-27-05

09-02-07 07:22 AM - Post#1528082    

• Megan - FT Said:

Can I promise it won't be similar? Nope; from my point of view, what I've seen of the development, *I* don't think it's the same - just kinda. Y'all might have a different point of view. Can I promise that there are NO plans to "assimilate" you guys, and trash this place? Yes.

I will ask, tho, that you give it a chance....the "flip" to the current setup at SB.com was MUCH more drastic than the flip will be here. Big time. We learned a lot from that experience, and I learned there is NOT enough diet Coke to keep me awake and coherent for 31 hours straight. (Note the word coherent, in particular)

Give it a fair shake. Have a bit of patience, and know I'm willing to help sort it out, or find someone who can. That's all.

Megan - I never expected something this drastic - still, I'm giving it a "fair shake"

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
December 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.287 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 05:23 AM