Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Hey!        (Topic#322676)
hollyrockartist 
SJ Newbie
hollyrockartist
Reg: 10-12-12

10-12-12 11:49 PM - Post#4017724    

I am the parent of two fabulous biological children and the "Momma" to many others! One of those lost his Momma to cancer two years ago. It breaks my heart to think he has no one to chronicle his senior year of football, so I decided I would make him a scrapbook for Christmas.

I have taken hundreds of pictures of him starting with their first game. I have purchased a 12x12 scrapbook, extra pages, page "kits", stickers, etc., and they are all still sitting in the bags!

As the pictures from each game have come in, I have placed them, along with the newspaper article, in separate bags waiting for me to begin. I think I am overwhelmed and would certainly appreciate ANY advice y'all can pass along my direction! I want this to be the most special thing he has ever gotten and something he will cherish for a lifetime!

Thanks!

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam
Reg: 01-15-06

10-13-12 05:24 AM - Post#4017740    
    In response to hollyrockartist

Hello and welcome. What a fabulous present for your son. My only suggestion would be to search the gallery for sport page ideas. Also if you have questions about anything scrapping just ask in the General Forum as it gets more visitors than the Beginners Forum.

One artist that you should check out would be Daisymeh's gallery When she first started posting here she posted a lot of sporting pages from albums that she made. She had a lot of great 2 page layouts with lots of photos and newspaper clippings. If you go to her gallery and start around page 37 to the end you should come across lots of ideas. I often refer to her 2 page layouts for ideas.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your pages.

hollyrockartist 
SJ Newbie
hollyrockartist
Reg: 10-12-12

10-13-12 08:58 AM - Post#4017744    
    In response to Kazzam

Thanks so much for the advice! I hopped on over to her gallery and love her layouts...added to my favorites. I am fixing to peruse around and search for more ideas. It's just overwhelming having so many pictures and wanting to use them all so he will have a great visual memory of this special time. I appreciate your post and will move on over to the General Chat.

RedSquirrel 
SJ Queen of the Crop
RedSquirrel
Reg: 06-13-08

10-13-12 04:23 PM - Post#4017776    
    In response to hollyrockartist

Hi and welcome!

I love that idea but I can completely understand how overwhelming it must seem. There are lots of pages about games here. Try searching in the Gallery under Themes? Let me find out other people who scrap games and come back to you - mental block on usernames right now and I'm on my phone not the computer.

I agree with Kaz, the GS forum gets more views. Come and chat in the Lounge as well and make some friends?

Kazzam 
SJ Diva
Kazzam
Reg: 01-15-06

10-13-12 04:46 PM - Post#4017780    
    In response to RedSquirrel

Glad that you found some inspiration. In Daisymeh's gallery also look layouts that she uploaded on 2 January, 11. Also check out Jen's layouts and another Jenn. Both Jen's have great designs that allow for multi pictures to be used. Jenn has some great band/music layouts that could be changed to sporting ones. Both these ladies are active in the General Forum and are currently doing the COW's (Challenge of the Week).

If you are looking for layouts ideas when you have a lot of journaling check out loaner's gallery she does digital layouts but you could adapt them to paper.

I look forward to seeing you over in the GS forum.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Jazzers
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Hot Topics
Calendar
September 2014
SMTWTFS

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.131 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 02:46 AM