Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: on the post about asking for prayers
michann 
Scrapjazz Contributor
michann
Loc: UT
Reg: 01-09-06
12-02-12 06:25 PM - Post#4029008    

On Tues, DH went to an interview to be a book designer/production manager for a book publisher. He was recommended by one of his professors back in April and they finally got around to doing interviews (the lady he is replacing is retiring).
He will be graduating in 2 weeks and has been with the university for over 9 yrs, but it had stopped being creatively fulfilling.
Anyway, he was offered the job at the interview and was told he had a week to decide. He went to work the next day and spoke with his boss and they tried to figure out a way to keep him there. The VP over his dept at the University even got involved.
In the meantime, DH has countered their offer and we'd been waiting to hear back.
We heard back late Friday and today DH emailed back accepting the position. To start Jan 2. We'll now be able to carpool to work, saving over $100 a month in gas and they have good insurance (which is the most important part for me since I tend to get injured often).
Honestly, I'm sad to say goodbye to his current work family. They are great people. But, I know DH is ready to take the next step forward.
2012 has been a year of changes in our family for sure.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.185 seconds.   Total Queries: 11   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 07:25 PM