Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: social situations I don't understand
kaleidoscope 
SJ Queen of the Crop
kaleidoscope
Reg: 02-13-09
09-25-12 06:49 PM - Post#4014386    

When out somewhere with someone and they ask if I want something (or to do something) that costs money. If they are asking with no other specifics I don't understand if I'm supposed to take it as an offer (their treat) or if I want to do (or eat) something but we each pay our own.
Like being at a food service counter and the person you're with asks if you want something. They don't say "it's my treat" or ask "are you getting anything?" which I can more easily assume they're asking if I'm getting myself something. But I'm afraid to assume that if someone asks if I want something that they're going to pay because then I'd feel like an @ss if that's not what they meant.
Or like tonight when we had bowling practice for the team. I was asked by someone if I wanted to bowl (this was separate from the athletes' practice, in our own lane). I asked if it was her treat because I didn't know if that's what she meant. She agreed but then by the way she said it (sort of hesitantly) I realized that's not what she meant so I said I'd pay for myself. It made me feel uncomfortable I even asked in the first place. If someone had said to me hey, you want to bowl and we'll each pay our own, then I might've just turned it down.
socialization is not something I'm good at.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.227 seconds.   Total Queries: 11   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 04:18 PM