Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Frustration with adhesives that don't last...
Mirth 
SJ Devotee
Mirth
Reg: 07-17-12
01-13-13 10:25 PM - Post#4039562    
    In response to soccamom94

I don't use any wet adisive anymore. After working in the craft world for 13 years I have learned that they just don't stand the test of time. They dry to hard so any jarring or bending of the pages causes the glue to crack and the things to fall off. Also remember the right adhesive for the right item is also very important. This is my list of my most fave adhesives.

Herma dotto :flat light objects

Glue dots /Zots : dimensional stiff embellishments ( The rubber quality to this kind of adhesive lets the adhesive bend under the stiff elements keeping them from popping off the pages)

Terrifically Tacky Tape : Ribbons , pocket pages (this kind of adhesive had a depth to it that allows it to shape and embed itself into ribbons. It is also good for making borders of beads or glitter. It is able to wrap itself around these small items and hold on strong. For pocket pages it is a strong adhesive that will keep your pocket from pulling off when you put items in the pocket. The adhesive will give you the extra stretch you need.

white Mounting squares by 3L: I use this on all of my photos, the white paper core allows you to remove a photo without damaging it. The paper core separates leaving a square on the photo and one on the paper. Leaving you with an un damaged photo.

Aleene's tacky glue : if I have something that really needs a liquid glue I use this one. It dose not dry hard it remains soft this keeps your items from popping off.

If you have never checked into Zyron machines I would recment it. I love mine so much i have 3 different sizes. It covers the entire back of your item with whatever is in the cartridge you are currently using. Depending on what size machine you have you have the following cold (no electricity) cartridge options.
* temporary adhesive
* perment adhesive
* laminate on both sides
* laminate on the front and adhesive on the back
* magnet on the back laminate on the front
* magnet on the back
I might be forgeting one but you get the idea. The smallest size machine is the sticker maker at 1.5 inches i love that one for small punches ect. the largets is 9 inches the biger the maching the more cartrage options you have.

Hope this novle helps someone.... and please forgive the typing i can not get use to using a laptop.

Edited by Mirth on 01-13-13 10:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.143 seconds.   Total Queries: 11   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 11:07 AM