Daily Deals & Coupons at Scrapbook.com. Click Here!
Login • Sign Up • Customer Service • My Account • Shopping Bag  
Username Post: Fixing Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow
3 Little Ladies 
SJ Deity
3 Little Ladies
Loc: Indiana
Reg: 03-10-05
11-19-12 09:57 AM - Post#4026696    
    In response to scrappinmamma

I'm glad he'll be here too. Hopefully I'll feel so great he wont have to help me. That way he will have a little vacation. I can hope, right?

Abby is in K all day, so I will get a break next week while they're at school. This week the girls only have school today and tomorrow. My inlaws are having them stay over Wednesday night, and whenever we need them. My parents offered to have them overnight this weekend. We're just playing it by ear.

For the pie crust, last year I used brown rice flour and it was good. This year I used a different recipe and a gf multi purpose flour. It was really good. I followed the recipe but not the instructions though. They seemed to involved for me.

1/2 cup unsalted butter or solid, all vegetable non-dairy shortening (I used shortening)
2 to 4 tbsp cold water (I started with 2 and added until it was the consistency I wanted.)
1 1/4 c gf flour
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp sugar

How I prepared it..

I put the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl and mixed them together. Then I cut the shortening into the flour mixutre with a pastry blender. Added the water. Kept blending with the pastry blender. Then I greased a 9" pie pan with margarine. I put a little brown rice flour on the counter, rolled the ball of dough around in it. Then I put the down in the pie plate and pressed it out (instead of rolling it.) Easy and it worked!

If you want the original directions just let me know. I just didn't feel like rolling, using contact paper, and more contact paper, and more rolling, and freezing, and refrigerating, and all of that jazz.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Scrapjazz.com on Twitter  Scrapjazz.com on Facebook   
   © 2014 Scrapjazz.com
Execution time: 0.189 seconds.   Total Queries: 11   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 04:42 AM